Pathfinder 1E [INTEREST/RECRUIT] - Crowns of Ice

Jago

Explorer
Considering I am not sure if the person I mentioned will be joining, this only seems to have 3 committed players out of a requested 4, soooo >.>

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Well okay then! I am definitely interested!

Before I fully commit (or I should say you agree to have me lol) I just want to ask, when are you looking to have characters done by? I'm not great at making characters with all the finicky rules. I do have someone to help me, but he's finishing up teaching his semester of school and he'll be pretty busy the next couple of weeks. So I might have to lean on you guys here a little bit. Is that okay? If not, I totally understand. I hate being that person asking a bajillion annoying newbie questions when honestly I'm not a newbie I just don't care to learn all bajillion rules lol.

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Archon Basileus

First Post
Welcome to the group, Queenie! We can go for 5 players, if your friend decides to join us, Jago! We'll save her a spot! As for doubts, ask around and we'll do everything we can to help. I'll post some more stuff as soon as I get out of work! Later!

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Excellent, thanks!

Couple more questions! Is anyone interested in some intertwined background story if so, Archon, is that cool with you? It helps (me) to have it in mind when making a character like this.

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Fenris

Adventurer
If Jago's friend doesn't join would you consider me as a 5th? I love both setting you are mashing up. And this is so in my wheelhouse. Plus, I am married to Queenie so if I get out of line she can hit me. :)

Jago

Explorer
I do not mind intertwined either, and I'm more than happy assisting with character building and such (Hero Lab ftw).

My friend has unfortunately declined, she's busy with other games and wants to focus on those, so if Archon is cool with it, Fenris, that would be our fifth.

Archon Basileus

First Post
I'm cool with it! Actually, I was going to open a sixth spot, but things took care of themselves, apparently, lol! I'll edit this post with some ideas and suggestions, as well as some answers.

Archon Basileus

First Post
Oh my, you just made Fenris's night I'm sure. Vikings are his thang! lol

I'm glad to know! With a nickname like Fenris, I did did not expect anything less, lol. Glad to meet you guys and to write with you!

1.) Starting Attributes: Point Buy, Array, Roll?

Ok, I was thinking leaning towards point buy, but it depends on what you guys want. Point buy gives you more control over character attributes, obviously, and it would be easier to weave whatever advantages and disadvantages you guys get.

2.) Starting Equipment: how much in GP? Any items and the like off-limits?

3000 GP to begin with. At first, nothing off-limits. The only thing I request is a background story for the item in question. Nothing too long, just something that tells us where it comes from, how it ended up in the character’s hands…

3.) You mention Background Traits, are we also using Background Skills, or nyet?

Yup, background skills are a go! I forgot to write them into the description of the game.

Are dragons in this setting? More specifically, would the Dragon bloodline be appropriate?

That’s a good question. Here’s what I think about this. If we decide to make mythical beasts a common sight, they’ll obviously interfere heavily on politics. A dragon is a menace that moves armies and can be used to someone’s favor. It might make a hero, break a king and change the balance between houses, tribes, countries, etc. Would you prefer a setting like this, or something more grounded?

Either way a dragon-blooded char would be possible. He wouldn’t know much about it, only that he’s different. He might even be unaware of his distinctive nature, understanding he has certain talents that set him apart.

I’ll profit from the opportunity and ask for your opinions pertaining the races. We discussed above that we could go exclusively human, or base races, or any races, or lore-friendly races, with Jago suggesting simple rebranding of base races as an option. What do you guys think? I’ lean towards rebranding or solely humans (with racial bonuses for regions, tribes, lineages, etc.)

And what is your policy on multi-classing?

No restrictions! If it fits your character, feel free to use it.

Can I get an idea of the type of conflicts we'll be seeing? Sorcerers are extremely streamlined, and I need to know what kind of spells to focus on. Combat, social, etc. Or should I just, you know, plan for anything?

That will depend tremendously on your choices. The experience I had with this sort of gameplay on tabletop version is that you will have control over the nature of the conflicts for the most part. If you are a manipulative politician, you’ll probably have others do your dirty work; if you are a battlemage, you’ll probably try to solve your problems through challenges or by terrorizing your enemies. The important thing is that, for the most part, you’ll have to plan your own playthrough. You’ll be the one to use strategies and create situations favorable to your character’s abilities. That also means you’ll have to be ready for contingencies. :p

In other words, I’ll present situations. If they are going to be troublesome will be highly dependent on your backstory and in-game choices.

As for conflict motivations, I’d go for the more realistic approach. Example: a Jarl dies and his only heir is a four year old boy. Some say that the next chieftain should be the Jarl’s cousin, a grown man. Others defend that the boy should be the heir, having a tutor taking care of things up to his manhood. The Jarls last will is unknown, no documents left and the one witness vanished. Player one is the cousin and is LE, so he questions the will of the Jarl and plays the people against the baby. Being a warrior, he’d prefer to defend his claim in battle, especially if the champion for the child is someone weaker than he himself. He spies on the defenders of the child and discovers that most of them are illusionists. He has to dig up a challenge now.

Suppose, though, that player one is a mage. He might find it more interesting to allow the kid to be the heir and control his mind – or the mind of the tutor – with cautious use of spells…

Please note that I’m leaving several things open because I do want this to be built by the players.

As for our players, we have closed recruitment with:

JAGO
RHUN
TGLASSY
QUEENIE
FENRIS

Remove ads