Pathfinder 1E [INTEREST/RECRUIT] - Crowns of Ice

tglassy

Adventurer
Ok, level 3 sorcerer, looking at these spells:

Level 0
Arcane Mark (It's how he puts his seal on official items)
Detect Magic
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation (His food is always spiced the way he likes, and he's always squeaky clean)
Message (To talk privately when in large crowds.)

1st
Endure Elements (I assume this will be in the snowy north. I want people to talk about how he can walk in a blizzard and not worry about the cold.)

Icicle Dagger (So he is never without a weapon of some kind)

Discern Next of Kin (He's also known for always knowing things about everyone, and always remembering who is related to whom, and does so effortlessly, even if they have only met a few times. Makes people nervous and overestimate him, not knowing it's just a spell he can cast.)

Thoughts?

Jago

Explorer
Ok, level 3 sorcerer, looking at these spells:

Level 0
Arcane Mark (It's how he puts his seal on official items)
Detect Magic
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation (His food is always spiced the way he likes, and he's always squeaky clean)
Message (To talk privately when in large crowds.)

1st
Endure Elements (I assume this will be in the snowy north. I want people to talk about how he can walk in a blizzard and not worry about the cold.)

Icicle Dagger (So he is never without a weapon of some kind)

Discern Next of Kin (He's also known for always knowing things about everyone, and always remembering who is related to whom, and does so effortlessly, even if they have only met a few times. Makes people nervous and overestimate him, not knowing it's just a spell he can cast.)

Thoughts?

I'd say this is a good list. I went with many spells that are far more Roleplay oriented than Combat (Like Read Weather or Know Direction, handy at sea), so I'd say this is pretty on point.

Wait you didn't take the Bastard trait? :lol:

It's not enough to be born one, I gotta use a trait on it too? Lol. Honestly I thought the Focused Mind helped reflect his rougher childhood instead

Rhun

First Post
Calling [MENTION=29098]Rhun[/MENTION], you still with us brother? Anything we can do to help?

I hate to do this, but I think I'm going to have to back out of this game. Between work and the holiday season, I am finding myself with much less free time than I had hoped. I'm a little bummed because this game sounds fantastic, but I don't think it would be fair to the rest of you if I am hardly contributing.

Archon Basileus

First Post
Well, it's up to you, ok? I can help you put something together, and I can bring you into the fold anytime! If you want, take your time and return further down the line! We'll keep your spot for you!

Jago

Explorer
*Suggested illiteracy rules*
*Actually looks at Character Sheet*
*Finds "Scribe Scroll" as a Class Feature*

Well that would be interesting.

Small aside, our good GM Archon: Spoken Languages. Are these going to be big and important, or does everyone kinda speak Norse, or ..?

Archon Basileus

First Post
*Suggested illiteracy rules*
*Actually looks at Character Sheet*
*Finds "Scribe Scroll" as a Class Feature*

Well that would be interesting.

Small aside, our good GM Archon: Spoken Languages. Are these going to be big and important, or does everyone kinda speak Norse, or ..?

Ok, first.... LMAO.
Second, I was thinking norse for the players' occupied area, distinct language down south (for the continental tribes), a third one for west and a fourth for the eastern mountain tribes. There would be others, as well, but none vital to the game.

EDIT: oh, and as for the illiteracy idea, I would consider that the players are all capable of reading and writing, given their positions. It would not be a common social trait, but it might be a heavy point to consider in strategic terms.

EDIT2: Also, are two traits enough for your builds?

Last edited:

Jago

Explorer
I would say two traits is enough, I just keep switching on what mine are. Still finalizing my sheet a bit.

[MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION], there are a few "Family" traits that I've seen that may be interesting for Thorir and Eben. A few that pop to mind are Family Trade (I'd imagine like Profession: Sailor for this, or something similar), Honor Bound, and Tight Bonds, if you might be interested?

Remove ads