D&D 5E The Light of Civilization - A Renaissance Story

tglassy

Adventurer
Nicolo had no intention of just letting her go, not like this. She was obviously mixed up in something over her head if she had a paladin of the church looking for her. The best thing he could do is keep the raven haired woman away and try to find her later.

OOC: If the Magdalena tries to follow Arcata, Nicolo grabs her arm and stops her, fighting her if he has to. Otherwise, Nicolo makes sure the Raven haired woman is not following, and follows Arcata himself at a distance.

Thateous

Explorer
Fedrigo grew impatient waiting for his mark as he shifted the weight of his armor around. The sudden crack of thunder made Fedrigo antsy so, he made his way to the door. He looked back over his shoulder just as he entered running right into a young woman trying to make a hasty exit. "Watch it!" he griped, but secretly hoping that the young lass was ok.

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
289ik8w.jpg

Fossice/Central Market/Tavern
Late morning
Round 0

Magdalena caught the girl’s look out of the corner of her eye. She made no move to acknowledge the girl, finishing her stew, but noting the girl’s apparent recognition of her name and barely concealed panic. Why was that?

The girl made a fairly obvious attempt to leave quickly and nervously. Magdalena casually pushed her bowl aside and finished her ale. The girl ran into someone in the door, delaying her, and Magdalena straightened up and turned to follow.

Someone gripped her arm and Magdalena looked down to see the magic user’s hand on her.

“Release me,” she said coolly. She didn’t want to lose the girl! Magdalena whispered words and pointed at Arcata, mystically marking the girl.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action: Cast Hunter’s Mark on Arcata
Move:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
AC: 16 (chainmail)
HP: 28/28 HD: 3/3d10
Divine Sense (3/LR)
Lay on Hands 15/15
Channel Divinity (1/R)
Abjure Enemy
Vow of Enmity
Prepared Spells:
1st: (Bane, Hunter’s Mark), Cure Wounds, Detect Magic, Shield of Faith

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
1st: 2/3
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
"I believe my friend would rather you did not follow her," Nicolo said softly, not letting go of her arm. "What does a Paladin of the Church want with her?"

Nicolo understood that it was possible the Church was there to help Arcata, but as he didn't know, he wasn't going to simply let her be taken. He needed more information.

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata flinched back from the unexpected man who she nearly crashed into while glancing back.

"Ah! Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see you," she offered as a weak excuse. Her attention was still divided. Nicolo was trying to stop the dark-haired woman, and everything Arcata knew told her she should take advantage of that. He was taking a big risk for her. But that was the problem...what if that turned ugly? Was she willing to risk a friend's life? What would it say about her if she just fled, abandoning him? After he'd offered, without a second thought, to let her stay with him?

She stepped aside to let the man past, still hesitating...still torn between the urge to flee, and the desire to help Nicolo.

Thateous

Explorer
Fedrigo eyed the girl curiously. Her expression was familiar to him. He'd caused a similar fearful panic in many a mark before, when ordered to, and his heart melted under the plea of this young girls eyes. He went to grab the young girl to get her attention and instinctively squeezed a little too hard.
OOC: Sorry i grappled you. _: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

tglassy

Adventurer
Nicolo heard the commotion behind him, and risked a glance to Arcata. She was being held by a man who had just walked in. Great. Now he had another person to fend off.

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata felt the hand on her arm, felt it grab her tightly. Her heart sank into the soles of her shoes.

no

The words coming from his mouth were friendly...calculated no doubt to avoid anyone coming to her aid. Sometimes strangers would. But the grip told another story.

She looked around, eyes wide, face slack. It was too late for words now. Too late for stories, for running, for guilt. Something was going to happen, and she was nearly as frightened of that as she was of what awaited her should the Guild get her back.

Nearly.

What Federigo saw in the young woman's eyes was a haunted terror...and deep within her pupils a pulsing yellow-white light.

She said something. Just a single word. It didn't even MEAN anything...sounding more like some kind of garbly word-noise that a baby might make.

And then the woman evaporated. No, that was the wrong word. She evanesced. One moment, he was holding a girl, solid and soft. Then that strange light he'd glimpsed in her eyes was shining out through her skin; he could see veins and bones and the shadows of organs, save only in the spots her clothes covered her. Then she was gone, as if she'd burned to nothing from within. Not even ash remained.

Meanwhile

On the street just outside the tavern, there was a ripple of light. Not just a flash...ripple was really the best word for it. It emanated in a series of quick pulses from a point, and then there was a girl standing there, one arm held out and crooked as if it was being held by something invisible.

She blinked in the sudden sunlight and looked around wildly. On seeing the taven there behind her, she realized what had happened and did what any sane person would do in that circumstance.

Arcata ran.

(OOC - Sorry, Misty Stepped :))

tglassy

Adventurer
Nicolo's eyes widened when he saw Arcata disappear, and a few things fell in to place. The Paladin, Arcata's fear, her wanting to stay hidden. She was an unlicensed magic user.

He had to help her.

Nicolo steps closer to the paladin calmly, wrapping one leg deftly behind hers, and pushing her center of balance. (Attempting to trip her prone.) He does not want to hurt her, only slow her down.

OOC: Since I'm doing this based on dexterity instead of strength, could I use a dex check instead of athletics? If so, add 3 to this roll. If not, add 0. [roll0]

If this succeeds, he will use a Ki point to dash out of the bar, looking for Arcata.

Remove ads