Which season should I dm next quarter?

jasper

Rotten DM
I just finished dm season 4 at the first of the month and recharging my batteries before I restart dming. So your suggestions please and any problems you know of with the seasons. I have only scanned the titles and level so the story lines I know nothing about.
Season 1. 9 tier 1 modules are the first. Then 5 tier 2. Hmm perhaps break up the order 4 tier 1 then some tier 2.
Season 2. What the heck? 10 Tier 1 and 6 Tier 2. The first two are tier 1 and then it jumps to tier 2 in mods 3 and 4. Hmm Run all the Tier 1 first and let people have 2 or more pc ready to play in the tier 2.
Season 3. Yeah 2 Tier 3! What the heck is a tier 3 mod being number 4 in the story order. Solution get feedback from the local fb page about tier 3 modules. Run a Tier 3 mod first for those players who have tier 3 pcs. Then find an order to run so new people can run through the season.

RulesJD

First Post
Are your players starting new characters (level 1) or taking their Season 4 characters? Big difference.

I'm a huuuuge advocate of starting in Season 1 and building the adventures out, but that's because I know how Season 2/3/5 develop, so I can tweak the storyline in Season 1 to match up.

jasper

Rotten DM
I do not know. Some new gamers are interested in doing a season. Some of the people from my Season 4 table said they like doing a whole season. But only 3 players really stuck around for most of the season. Some lost interest, others had work conflicts.

RulesJD

First Post
Well I've been running Season 1, tweaked to account for Seasons 2, 3, and 5. I've basically designed a 'homebrew' campaign in terms of character options with content prepared to take them all the way up to level 17+ now. Season 1 is great because of both the amazing NPCs (Elisandre, Fat Mar, Alyed, etc) and it's ability to let players free roam if they want to. After the attack on the city, they could simply escape and head to Mulmaster if they don't feel like fighting for Phlan anymore. Or they could head west along the Iron Route before running into some Giants, etc.

Scorpienne

First Post
What about looking at the Convention Created Content? There's enough of that to keep you going for quite a while, and it's kind of an interesting change from the feel of the other seasons.

Adventure code Name Level Range
CCC-CIC-01 The Vault of the Devourer 1-4
CCC-UCon01 Blood and Fog 5-10
CORE 1-1 A Scream in the Night 1-4
CORE 1-2 A Cog in the Wheel 1-4
CORE 1-3 A Hole in the World 1-4
CORE 2-1 Tales of Good & Evil 1-4
CORE 2-2 Songs of Law & Chaos 1-4
CORE 2-3 Edicts of Neutrality 1-4
HILL 1-1 Arrival 5-10
HILL 1-2 Exodus 5-10
HILL 1-3 Resurgence 5-10