Druid Optimization request

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I haven't played a druid yet in 5e, but I'm considering it for my next character. But all I'm seeing in terms of class discussion is brought over from the Wizards forums which was still around the time of "wildshape rulez", when everyone was only looking at how strong ti was at 2nd.

Since then we've had not just a lot of time, but recently we've had Dream, Shepard and Twilight druid subclasses in UA articles.

So, does anyone have any practical recommendations or thoughts about druids besides the already covered Circle of the Moon?

Thanks!

Vulf

First Post
Just typical caster stuff.

1 level of Life Domain cleric gives you super goodberries. There are 2 feats that will help you maintain concentration on spells. The Healer feat is really good for keeping your party up. Observant boosts your already high passive perception checks and lets a Human druid start with +2 Wisdom.

Humans, Wood Elves, Lizard Folk, Firbolgs, Kenku are good choices.

You can safely multiclass with Monk for some extra Punch. Lizardfolk benefit a lot from some monk levels if you don't mind slower spell progression. d8 Shillelagh followed by two d6 Bites as a bonus action, Unarmored Defense.

For moon druids, the slowness of a dwarf is offset by the animal forms, so for circle of the Land you may want to avoid them.

Though if all you care about is spellcasting and not wild shapes, consider a Nature or Tempest Domain Cleric roleplayed as a shaman.

Last edited:

Remove ads