Can you recommend any good GC titles for me?

mojo1701

First Post
I bought my GameCube in late December (Boxing Day, to be exact), and I am looking to expand my library. I currently have Super Mario Sunshine and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (with OoT MQ pre-sell).

Can anyone recommend me any good titles? I'm looking for some good MP-capable games.

gariig

First Post
Super Smash Brothers Melee is fun, I think. I've heard Mario Party for the cube was a blast, but I've only played the 2nd or 3rd for N64. Mario Party is definitely fun with 4 people at the controller.

Gariig

Dark Jezter

First Post
Metroid Prime (Single-player only, but easily one of the best GC titles).

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 is the best golf game I've ever played, addictive multiplayer mode too. Or you could just wait a few months for Tiger Woods 2004, which will be even better.

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance has a fun two-player mode. The game itself could be described as Gauntlet meets D&D. I've heard that the PS2 version of this game is better, though.

Welverin

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
Metroid Prime (Single-player only, but easily one of the best GC titles).

I'll second that.

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance has a fun two-player mode.

This as well.

I'll also suggest Ikaruga, it's an old school shooter, think Raiden, R-type or Gradius, and also happens to be two player. I started a thread here

p.s. every else notice that tLoZ:tWW is now one of the games you can get free when buy athe GC? Only way it could be any better is you got two or it was free.

Last edited:

Everything suggested is great. SSBM is extremely fun. :D
Another fun game is Animal Crossing. Its just insanely addictive. A lot like Harvest Moon...*shrugs* Its one of those games that you either love or you hate. Though you can get old NES games like the original Legend of Zelda and actually play them. :cool:

mojo1701

First Post
Ok, those are great titles. I am still deciding and looking for some more feedback.

I was recently recommended TimeSplitters 2 and Red Faction 2. Any comments?

Neowolf

First Post
Timesplitters 2 is great. Red Faction 2 is really fun on PC, don't know how the console version stacks up though. Eternal Darkness is a really great CoC-ish game. The Resident Evil remakes are also pretty good, if you're into RE.

Welverin

First Post
Neowolf said:
The Resident Evil remakes are also pretty good, if you're into RE.

DO NOT buy RE 2, 3, or C:V for the cube though, they're just overpriced ports that should not be supported.

Game suggestion: Splinter Cell is supposed to be real good, and therefore might be worth looking into.

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
I would have to agree with the people who said Metroid Prime.

If you are looking for some mindless multiplayer fun I would suggest Godzilla: Destroy all Monsters.

Super Monkey Ball 2 is a fun game.

I'm looking forward to Soul Calibur 2 when it hits the shelves in the US.

Remove ads