Three Years in the Making...

C4

Explorer
After three years of work, my Points of Light game is...still not done. But! There's enough to start playtesting and to finally start experiencing this thing I've been creating. PoL is my love letter to 4e D&D -- a sort of "What might 4e look like, if taken to its ultimate conclusion?" I think it's closer to 4e than other games commonly cited as 4e-successors -- notably 13th Age and Strike! -- but it's still very much its own game.

Link to the PoL foreword. (google docs)

Those interested are invited to PM or email me (Complete4th@gmail.com) for links to the PDFs!

I call upon those who may be interested in taking a peek... @AbdulAlhazred, @Manbearcat, @Cyvris, @Igwilly, @Tony Vargas, @doctorbadwolf, @Tequila Sunrise, @Kelvor Ravenstar, @pemerton, @Myrhdraak, @shidaku, @tyrlaan, @MoutonRustique, @Balesir

And finally, happy New Year!

Last edited:

[MENTION=93857]C4[/MENTION] , good stuff! Not frequenting the boards so much these days, but I've got a little time over the course of the next few weeks. I'll read through your doc and post some comments in the course of that free time.

Happy New Year to you as well!

Igwilly

First Post
Seems great! And thank you for remembering me! ^^
Right now, I’m not in condition to actually participate as a game designer, but I would love to see how the work is going from time to time :)

tyrlaan

Explorer
Very intriguing and thanks for considering me for this!

To be fair, I'm not sure I can devote the time to give this a proper go-through right now. If you don't mind non-committal "at some point" feedback, by all means loop me in. Otherwise I think it best for me to pass for now.

Gilladian

Adventurer
AbdulAlhazred is in the middle of a move to Seattle from Dallas and may take a few days to reply... but I'm sure he'll read it when he has a breather.

So hey, if any Seattle folks are 4e'ers, drop him a note. He will be looking for a new group.

MoutonRustique

Explorer
yeah, I'm in the land of rain now.
It's minus 9 thousand degrees here - so you'd best be dancing in that rain! (And enjoying it to boot!)

Gatineau (right now)
Temperature: -28°C
Temperature "felt": -32°C
Wind speed: 4 km/h
Humidity: 75 %

Look at that! Almost no wind, but still a 4°C jump! That's cold... Plus, with that 75% humidity, it's a sneaky bastard kind of cold. It's not even an honest cold. An honest -32°C, I can deal with, but with that much humidity... It's like it has CA!

[MENTION=93857]C4[/MENTION] - thanks for the docs! I'll have a look see, but feedback might be tardy in coming: I got a "surprise" today at work that means that my job just got a fairly major upheaval. So yeah, there's going to be that happening for a while.

Last edited:

It's minus 9 thousand degrees here - so you'd best be dancing in that rain! (And enjoying it to boot!)

Gatineau (right now)
Temperature: -28°C
Temperature "felt": -32°C
Wind speed: 4 km/h
Humidity: 75 %

Look at that! Almost no wind, but still a 4°C jump! That's cold... Plus, with that 75% humidity, it's a sneaky bastard kind of cold. It's not even an honest cold. An honest -32°C, I can deal with, but with that much humidity... It's like it has CA!

[MENTION=93857]C4[/MENTION] - thanks for the docs! I'll have a look see, but feedback might be tardy in coming: I got a "surprise" today at work that means that my job just got a fairly major upheaval. So yeah, there's going to be that happening for a while.
Quebec is hellish in winter. I lived 90km south of Montreal for decades, I've seen it at its worst.

C4

Explorer
C4 - thanks for the docs! I'll have a look see, but feedback might be tardy in coming: I got a "surprise" today at work that means that my job just got a fairly major upheaval. So yeah, there's going to be that happening for a while.
Good luck with that, sounds like buckets of fun. :/ And stay warm!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases