D&D 5E Hold Back The Night [OOC]

I would disagree. The highest you wold have gotten in point buy was a 15 so you are but one shy. And 1 point in charisma won't make that big a difference overall. But the additional Dex, Con Wis etc overall makes you a more survivable (not to mention more balanced, realistic and "role" play). But don't wrap yourself up too much in a single high stat to judge effectiveness, a distributed stat array is actually more powerful by many, many metrics.

I wasn't complaining. I just should not assume this char will ever become Sorcerer Supreme :) And it will have great stats for multiclassing should I decide to do so. I've been playing RPGs since 1981. I've played far worse stats than these before. [-]I don't need a lecture on single high stats.[/-]

EDIT: Didn't mean to come off harsh, if I did. No more than I would guess you meant to sound condescending, which I'm guessing you didn't mean.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
I wasn't complaining. I just should not assume this char will ever become Sorcerer Supreme :) And it will have great stats for multiclassing should I decide to do so. I've been playing RPGs since 1981. I've played far worse stats than these before. I don't need a lecture on single high stats.

My apologies, I wasn't trying to lecture you. With a game only going to 5th level you weren't going to become Sorcerer Supreme regardless. From your post I think you could see why I thought you were complaining. And you and I have been playing RPGs equally as long, but I did not know that, and was merely trying to offer helpful advice. Again from your post your experience nor the intent of your musings were not clear.

And to be fair, Jago did tell everyone he preferred point buy to rolling. And that everyone would have to agree one way or the other, so why everyone is rolling without an agreement is a wonderment to me.

Just following the band wagon of die rollers.

And at the risk of being sassy, if you are reading this in an actual web browser, there's "join date" on the left of each post below the avatar. I've been around awhile, and even earlier as there was the crash in 2002 that lost the last vestiges of the old Eric Noah site. I'm merely new to PbP forums. But, hey, a misunderstanding happened on the Internet. Alert the media!!!

Fenris

Adventurer
Just following the band wagon of die rollers.

And at the risk of being sassy, if you are reading this in an actual web browser, there's "join date" on the left of each post below the avatar. I've been around awhile, and even earlier as there was the crash in 2002 that lost the last vestiges of the old Eric Noah site. I'm merely new to PbP forums. But, hey, a misunderstanding happened on the Internet. Alert the media!!!

Oh I know, my join date is an edit after my first profile was lost as well. I too was there on the old Rumors site ;)

Edit, and at the risk of seeing your sassy and raising it a snark, my join date is one month behind yours B-)

Shayuri

First Post
Quiet now, childfolk. Lest ye fall into the s:):):):):):):), and never return!

The stars were in different places when I first took up the dice...and I shall see the last one sputter out 'ere I place them back down.

Edit - egad! my play on words! Consumed by the endless hunger of the profanity filter! NOOO! Curse you! It was a PUNE, you Philistine!

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Well then I will gladly take up the mantle of the young one. Even if I'm not. Shut up.

I'm not complaining that allllll those posts of mine got deleted 5 times over. I stopped getting annoyed after the third crash. It was getting a little embarrassing really.

Now I look like a little shy lamby and can play that card day and night. Score!

But I will pull the Mama card... no fighting!!! In game only!!! With swords and fireballs and :):):):). Otherwise we're all bbeestttttt buds. Or timeouts for everyone. Capiche?

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Last edited:

Jago

Explorer
Making a few executive decisions here now that I'm seeing this pan out here.

1.) We're going Point Buy. I've thought on it, and with the disparity between rolls as well as just pure simplicity, I'd much prefer Point Buy instead of roll. Going with 27 Points as stated in my first post.

2.) I am debating the running of a second game still. I appreciate the maaaaassive turnout, like woah, did not expect this much interest in this idea, but I also know that running two separate games is a lot more work for myself. The idea of a secondary game is tentative, and again, I'm only taking 3 players for the currently planned game.

3.) With that in mind, I would like finished character Sheets, including Background Stories, no later than 01/10. That gives a full week from today to get them in to me. Do it here with a Mention of my name, do it in PM, whatever you prefer, but that is the current deadline. Again: Submitting a character is not a guarantee of play. I'd take you all if I could but I am but one writer whilst you are many, and I want to give a good game for a select group rather than a mediocre one for a small army.

Foxbytes

First Post
In case Jago failed to mention somewhere, I'll be submitting a cleric wood elf for this game. Char sheet is mostly drawn up but I'll need to double check the point buy system and starting level.

Short summary of background, her older brother was lost in the last great battle of good vs evil for the city, but she holds a trinket that is linked to him, and is convinced by the living light of this trinket that her brother still lives, somewhere. She is bound and determined to find him.

The other character concepts in here are fantastic, it will be difficult to choose the remaining players but I will help as best I can if needed.

Last edited:

Remove ads