D&D 5E Hold Back The Night [OOC]

Shayuri

First Post
Alright, been wrestling with ideas. Still kind of am, but I think I can commit.

I'm leaning towards a rogue...possibly, if allowed, with some warlock.

Jago

Explorer
Warlocks are allowed and acceptable. In fact, the very nature of an otherworldly Patron gives all sorts of story ideas. The Warlock-In-Question may not even realize they have a Patron, or the Patron may have a grudge against The Magi, or even might be a Magi.

Who knows?

Shayuri

First Post
Indeeeeeeed. I was going to ask next about how specific the patron had to be, or how crystal clear the terms of the pact had to be. Glad to know the answer is 'not very.' :)

Jago

Explorer
So long as it makes sense and is thematically appropriate, I will probably be cool with it. Even if I am somehow not cool with it, we can always work on it and hash it out.

Shayuri

First Post
I'm thinking of roping in that popular idea of druidic reincarnation for this. Imagine a man who...perhaps via some mighty druid art in the distant past...has ensured that he will always reincarnate and will have something of his identity and memory intact each time, even if only fragmentary. Enough to retain his purpose, but he still has to 'start over' each time...relearning what he's lost, though without needing training from other druids.

The only way off the ride is to complete the purpose that was set for him. Death is no release.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Making a few executive decisions here now that I'm seeing this pan out here.

1.) We're going Point Buy. I've thought on it, and with the disparity between rolls as well as just pure simplicity, I'd much prefer Point Buy instead of roll. Going with 27 Points as stated in my first post.

2.) I am debating the running of a second game still. I appreciate the maaaaassive turnout, like woah, did not expect this much interest in this idea, but I also know that running two separate games is a lot more work for myself. The idea of a secondary game is tentative, and again, I'm only taking 3 players for the currently planned game.

3.) With that in mind, I would like finished character Sheets, including Background Stories, no later than 01/10. That gives a full week from today to get them in to me. Do it here with a Mention of my name, do it in PM, whatever you prefer, but that is the current deadline. Again: Submitting a character is not a guarantee of play. I'd take you all if I could but I am but one writer whilst you are many, and I want to give a good game for a select group rather than a mediocre one for a small army.

Hey [MENTION=6855130]Jago[/MENTION],

In that case, I will respectfully bow out. This is an awesome concept, and I really love the ideas you've put together. However, I'd hate to put in the work into my character only to be refused, so good luck, and I will be lurking ;-)
Cheers,

SG

Remove ads