Jasper's DMs Season 3

jasper

Rotten DM
This Friday I finishing up "In volo's wake " for the game group. Then I starting Season 3. Instead of running them in number order, I going to do them in Tier order. So 7 Tier 1, 7 Tier 2, 2 8 hours Tier 3 adventures. So it looks like May 12 is the finish time.
I have started putting the Magic Items on my title cards so people do not have to look them up.
I did a count and 15 magic items are in the season. I going have to buy a lot of props. Any suggestions, gripes, or heads up I need to know about.

jasper

Rotten DM
Make that 18 magic items. I am stuck on an idea for the following props. Ioun stone. Half plate (current thinking of a $1 ninja outfit and stapling 1/2 paper plate to it), bracers of archery (no clue), Robe of stars( too many ideas that break the prop budget).

RulesJD

First Post
The Half-plate is made of Stone (thus usable by Druids). Not sure what to run with that, maybe sandpaper to staple to it?

Koren n'Rhys

Explorer
You actually make up full-size props of all this stuff for players? Wow.

Ioun stone could be an actual crystal from a new-agy shop, or simply a plastic gem from childrens toy jewelry- dollar store or Walmart. Bracers can be fashioned from cardboard or craftfoam sheets and lacing.

jasper

Rotten DM
No full size. the last sets of armor were the kids armor stuff from the $1 store. The staff of swarming insects cost $2. $1 butterfly net, $1 of plastic insets rubber banded to the net. Thanks for the bracers idea.

jasper

Rotten DM
Okay, I got every thing except for the lute/guitar. The bracers of archery is either going two small arrow charms sewed to a cat collar, or made into bookmarks if I can find ribbon. The robe of stars is going to an American flag looking bandanna.
I think 3-2 Shackles of Blood is going to tick people off with the capture story.

jasper

Rotten DM
I have change my dm cheat sheet dropping alignment and replacing it with Spell DC. This will be blank if not a finger twirler. I also copy and pasted The madness chart and Faerzress write up into a word document and taped to a screen. I will need to copy the two madness charts out of dmg to the screen too. This keep me from flipping pages when a Mad roll is needed.

warfteiner

First Post
I'm intrigued by what you're doing here. Plus, I'd love to see what you build for the item in 3-13 Writhing in the Dark.

Related: check your PMs ;)

Remove ads