D&D 5E Hydellor OOC

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey there,

Sorry for the baby induced hiatus. So are we moving the game to roll20?
As for the pic, you can use this one:[sblock] Fl8kPTA.jpg[/sblock]
FYI, hearing that there is action up the rope, Theremin will climb.
Cheers,

SG

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I'm just using Roll20 for the map. Hexes don't work well for circles LOL And I wanted to get in a bit of practice on Roll20. But you should be able to join the game so you can move tokens and see the map, etc. I will make up a token with that pic for Theremin.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
I'm just using Roll20 for the map. Hexes don't work well for circles LOL And I wanted to get in a bit of practice on Roll20. But you should be able to join the game so you can move tokens and see the map, etc. I will make up a token with that pic for Theremin.

Ok cool. I'll play with it a bit when I'm in front of my computer and see if I can see the map.

By the way, I just read this and I like it: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/sidekicks

Can Sayine be Theremin's sidekick?
;-)

Cheers,

Sg

tglassy

Adventurer
I'm mostly leveled. I get a cantrip and a spell, so I chose Mending, cause you never know when you'll need it, and Darkness. I figure he's got an angelic nature, so he can make light leave just as easily as make it come. And i want to focus on spells that help the party, rather than trying to charm and be a face (which is Theremin's job) or be a front line fighter like Mindra and Coriana. Plus, Liam can see through magical darkness. I'll try not to hurt the party with it.

Now I just need to decide if I want an ASI or the Healer Feat. I feel the Healer Feat could be very, very useful. I have some healing, but it is very limited. though, I'm looking at it now and it looks like I have a pool of dice rather than it just being once a day, like I thought. Oh, the Aasimar's healing is once per day, the Celestial Warlock is a pool of dice I can draw from. I should remember that. I could have healed Mindra, rather than just trying to do a medicine check.

Point is, I've got some healing, but with a Healer Feat, I would be Healer-Man. Or I could get my CHA up to 20 and add +1 to everything that uses it. What do y'all think?

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Adding to your main stat is never a bad idea, but the Healer feat could be very useful if we are low on healing magic. We would just need to make sure we stay stocked up on healing kits.

I am in a similar situation as I am debating between boosting Mindra's Dex and Int one point each, and getting the Wood Elf Magic feat. The stats would make her a bit tougher, but the feat would give her a little magic for me to play around with. I am leaning towards the feat just because it sounds more fun, even if it might not be quite as powerful.

tglassy

Adventurer
Yeah, that would be cool. Also, it looks like Theremen is still lvl 2 in the RG. We’re going to lvl 4 now.

I’m gonna stick with an ASI for now. Get my Cha to 20 for the save DC and such. I might grab the Healer Feat if we ever get to lvl 8.

Also, I need to find me some Ritual Spells. Otherwise, this invocation is mostly worthless.

And first thing I’m going to do next is sit for an hour and cast Find Familiar. For this, I has questions.

I would very much like a Celestial Tressym, from Storm King’s Thunder. It’s basically a flying cat and is my favorite familiar. It can detect invisible creatures and can detect poisons. Would this be legal here?

If I can’t have that, how far can I fluff my familiar? Seeing as being blind is sort of a theme for Liam, even if he’s not really blind, having a Bat as his familiar to get a 60 ft blindsight with advantage on perception checks would be awesome. It sits on his shoulder and he can just perceive through its senses.

But the thought of having a hawk might just be too tempting to pass up, even if it isn’t the most useful choice...

Last edited:

Remove ads