So these are your starting resources:

Defense: 23
Influence: 30
Lands: 19
Law: 18
Population: 31
Power: 23
Wealth: 27

Now we add modifiers based on the kingdom in which Kelterin dwells. I have to eyeball this, since the table in the book is obviously for Westeros.

Defense: 23+5=28
Influence: 30+5=35
Lands: 19+10=29
Law: 18+20=28
Population: 31+5=36
Power: 23+5=28
Wealth: 27+20=47

Here's a bit what the numbers mean about Kelterin:

Defense 28 - Defensible, with at least one fortified town or castle. Roads and trails are present, and rivers or ports are likely.
Influence 35 - A minor house. (Examples from Westeros: House Clegane, House Payne, House Karstark, if you've read the books)
Lands 29 - A modest stretch of land or medium-size island (ex. House Frey)
Law 28 - Typical level of Law. Crime is common, but not out of control.
Population 36 - Modest population. At least one town and several small hamlets.
Power 28 - A modest force of soldiers, including some trained troops.
Wealth 47 - Affluent. Your family has more funds than it needs and lives in comfort.

Now we come to the part where you get to do some initial modifications to these numbers. In the book, each player member of the House gets to roll 1d6 and add that number to one of the numbers (up to 2 rolls extra per resource). Since you're the only member of the House, I'll let the other players roll in as well, if they like, and you can tell me where you'd like to place it. I will note that it takes hitting the 10 (so, say, going from Wealth 47 to Wealth 50) in order to bump up to the next level.

I'll roll one in and you can tell me where to put it, and the rest of you can roll in and [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] can decide where to place the numbers.

Kelterin modification roll: 1D6 = [1] = 1

Not too high. Let me know where to put it and everyone go ahead and roll once.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
So these are your starting resources:

Defense: 23
Influence: 30
Lands: 19
Law: 18
Population: 31
Power: 23
Wealth: 27

Now we add modifiers based on the kingdom in which Kelterin dwells. I have to eyeball this, since the table in the book is obviously for Westeros.

Defense: 23+5=28
Influence: 30+5=35
Lands: 19+10=29
Law: 18+20=28
Population: 31+5=36
Power: 23+5=28
Wealth: 27+20=47

Here's a bit what the numbers mean about Kelterin:

Defense 28 - Defensible, with at least one fortified town or castle. Roads and trails are present, and rivers or ports are likely.
Influence 35 - A minor house. (Examples from Westeros: House Clegane, House Payne, House Karstark, if you've read the books)
Lands 29 - A modest stretch of land or medium-size island (ex. House Frey)
Power 28 - A modest force of soldiers, including some trained troops.
Wealth 47 - Affluent. Your family has more funds than it needs and lives in comfort.

Now we come to the part where you get to do some initial modifications to these numbers. In the book, each player member of the House gets to roll 1d6 and add that number to one of the numbers (up to 2 rolls extra per resource). Since you're the only member of the House, I'll let the other players roll in as well, if they like, and you can tell me where you'd like to place it. I will note that it takes hitting the 10 (so, say, going from Wealth 47 to Wealth 50) in order to bump up to the next level.

I'll roll one in and you can tell me where to put it, and the rest of you can roll in and [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] can decide where to place the numbers.

Kelterin modification roll: 1D6 = [1] = 1

Not too high. Let me know where to put it and everyone go ahead and roll once.

Lets put it where it will help, so lands it is!
Also, I think there is a miscalculation. Law should be 38, not 28. So the house is wealthy, and known fror its rule of law. I like it ;-)
Cheers,

SG

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Shoot. I'm sorry. I was wrong. The tens (10, 20, 30) are the top of the bracket. The next one (11, 21, 31) bumps you to the next level :( Not sure if it would have changed any allocations for you. If it does, let me know and we'll rejigger the numbers. Power did go up, though, so here's your new allocations so far:

*Influence 40 - A minor house. (Examples from Westeros: House Clegane, House Payne, House Karstark, if you've read the books)
*Lands 30 - A modest stretch of land or medium-size island (ex. House Frey)
*Power 31- A trained force of soldiers, including cavalry and possibly ships. You may have the service of a banner house.
*Wealth 50 - Affluent. Your family has more funds than it needs and lives in comfort.

The third step is making some rolls for House History. To start, roll 1d6 for First Founding. This will tell us when House Keltarin was founded and how many historical events we will roll for. Historical events will give +/- to your resource numbers.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
[MENTION=6774892]RMcCall[/MENTION] Feel free to jump in with Haldor anywhere in town here. A bunch of goblins running around amok. Town guard are about trying to deal with them. And a halfling with a scimitar just ran out the back door of the inn you were sent to.
[MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION] I believe your character Durogar is ready, as well. He can jump in, too. I just need a friend, foe, contact from you.

Remove ads