D&D 5E Hydellor OOC

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Charwoman Gene
Coriana the Forsaken - V Human Warlock (Great Old One - Lord of the Deep) Sailor
From Helveki
Friend: Jorim, her older brother
Foe: Captain Arquiss, “The Dark Lady”, a tiefling High Captain in Freeport.
Contact: Chekanza, a Chadan from the Elemental Wastes, merchant and smuggler
Trinket: A tiny gnome-crafted music box that plays a song she dimly remembers from her childhood.

Lord Twig
Mindra the Nightflower, Wood Elf Rogue
From Irine, currently Essess
Family: Brother and his wife/family (Irine)
Friend? Contact? Rival? Dead?: Lea, Human thief (Essess)
Foe: Borgun, Dwarven thug (Essess)
Friend: Del Nymphstalker, elven ranger (Essess)
Trinket: A silver teardrop earring made from a real teardrop which Mindra wears in her left ear.

NeoNinevite
Garrett - Stout halfling barbarian
From Nyos and Freeport
Trinket: A tiny cage with no door.

Steve Gorak
Theramin of Kelterin, Half-elf Lore Bard (Noble/Spy)
From Helveki
Kelterin - barony in far western Helveki near the Duchy of Gilead. Though a mere barony, it has outsized importance in the Queendom due to its proximity to the rebellious duchy.
Friend - Grandmother, Baronness Poltia Kelterin, current matriarch of his noble house
Foe - Uncle Turis and cousin Ria (female), current heir and sees character as a threat
Contact - Irril (female), an academic at the royal library in Helveki City

tglassy
Liam, Aasimar Divine (refluffed GOO) tome warlock
Friend: Faria (f), childhood friend from the monastery.
Foe: Kael, his brother, a Fallen Aasimar and follower of Asmodeus
Contact: Brother Loren, a priest in the Church of Paladine and his mentor in the monastery.

Trogdor1992
Paladin of Vecna

Wait List
Archon Basileus
pathfinderq1
Ancalagon

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
To Do List:
[MENTION=6857126]NeoNinevite[/MENTION] - Fill in Attacks, finish background.
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] - Do you want any more backstory? Is Theramin's whole family half-elf, or is he first/second generation? Or maybe an anomaly? I ask because Helveki is a bit prejudiced against non-humans (tieflings excluded). It's nothing too oppressive, and there are populations of them in the Queendom. But there's a definite social approbation for such fraternization. This is nothing money and power and loyalty can't overcome, however, but humans definitely get preferential treatment in appointments and such. Your answer also helps determine the nature of Keltarin. If it's a half-elf family and not an anomaly, then I know there are probably a significant population of elves in Kelterin. :D Also choose/roll a trinket.
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] - which nation is Liam from? With the backstory given, probably Arideen, though I can make Essess work, too. Choose/roll a Trinket, and what is your Arcane Focus?
[MENTION=6801450]Trogdor1992[/MENTION] - Still need a character from you.

So it looks like we're almost ready to go. I'll give the rest of this week to dot all the Is and cross all the Ts and try and get a start out on Monday.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Hey, seeing as how we have two goolocks, would it be a problem if I rebuilt Coriana into a fighter? The core of this character has never been her warlock abilities.

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Just out of curiosity...

tglassy's character Liam is blind. Does he have any other sense that will help him navigate the world? I'm not familiar with the Scourge Aasimar and I don't own Volo's Guide.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Here's what I have for you, then:

Steve Gorak
Theramin of Kelterin, Half-elf Lore Bard (Noble/Spy)
From Helveki
Kelterin - barony in far western Helveki near the Duchy of Gilead. Though a mere barony, it has outsized importance in the Queendom due to its proximity to the rebellious duchy.
Friend - Grandmother, Baronness Poltia Kelterin, current matriarch of his noble house
Foe - Uncle Turis and cousin Ria (female), current heir and sees character as a threat
Contact - Irril (female), an academic at the royal library in Helveki City

Thanks for this,. So here's an idea about his race. A noble wedding was arranged several generations ago with an elven noble house, long before racial purity was an issue in Helveki. The Baroess Poltia Kelterin is actually an elf, and technically Theremin's great, great, great grandmother. The women simply won't die due to her elven heritage, so the remaining line keeps waiting for transfer of the noble status. The barony has been a haven for half elves in Helveki, and both his parents were half elves. Does this work?
Thanks and cheers,

SG

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Just out of curiosity...

tglassy's character Liam is blind. Does he have any other sense that will help him navigate the world? I'm not familiar with the Scourge Aasimar and I don't own Volo's Guide.
Sourge Aasimar get +2 Ch, +1 Con and have a radiant AOE once per day and do some extra radiant damage. They're the vengeance side of the race.

As for Liam and his blindness, we've been banging the character into shape via PM for the last week. But yeah, what tglassy said. Totally underestimate him :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Thanks for this,. So here's an idea about his race. A noble wedding was arranged several generations ago with an elven noble house, long before racial purity was an issue in Helveki. The Baroess Poltia Kelterin is actually an elf, and technically Theremin's great, great, great grandmother. The women simply won't die due to her elven heritage, so the remaining line keeps waiting for transfer of the noble status. The barony has been a haven for half elves in Helveki, and both his parents were half elves. Does this work?
Thanks and cheers,

SG
Sure, I can make it work. Makes for some interesting compromising on his grandmother's behalf to assure the queen she's loyal so the house can maintain its position.

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Sourge Aasimar get +2 Ch, +1 Con and have a radiant AOE once per day and do some extra radiant damage. They're the vengeance side of the race.

As for Liam and his blindness, we've been banging the character into shape via PM for the last week. But yeah, what tglassy said. Totally underestimate him :)

Sounds cool! A little mystery is always fun. And I won't worry about underestimating him, I'll just be glad he's on my side! ;)

Remove ads