D&D 5E Horseman: Famine

dave2008

Legend
Definitely powerful. I see lair actions, legendary actions, and some traits (auras), but no actions. A few thoughts.

Lair actions: seem good, though Dispelling Power may be two good. Perhaps make that one a recharge power.

Legendary actions: seem good, though I would probably add: a movement action and/or possibly a teleport action. I might revise Starvation to have longer range, I would probably add a simple "attack" action, depending on what the attack options are

Auras: personally I am not a big fan of aura from a book keeping perspective but I do like their flavor. If they work for you I think the two you have look good.

General thoughts: Currently you are really punishing melee combatants with the aura's and starvation. You will probably need a way to attack and defend from range enemies.

Balfore

Explorer
Definitely powerful. I see lair actions, legendary actions, and some traits (auras), but no actions. A few thoughts.

Lair actions: seem good, though Dispelling Power may be two good. Perhaps make that one a recharge power.

Legendary actions: seem good, though I would probably add: a movement action and/or possibly a teleport action. I might revise Starvation to have longer range, I would probably add a simple "attack" action, depending on what the attack options are

Auras: personally I am not a big fan of aura from a book keeping perspective but I do like their flavor. If they work for you I think the two you have look good.

General thoughts: Currently you are really punishing melee combatants with the aura's and starvation. You will probably need a way to attack and defend from range enemies.
Apologies. ..
I'm using this Homebrew as a base (no horse though, Death will have one):
10aea259639dcd26186a91fbe53e123f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Balfore

Explorer
I'm actually making a round platform for them to fight on.
I'm thinking of painting 4 sections of the 'pie'.
2 black and 2 white alternating.

Balfore

Explorer
Dave2008- The players locked down War with either a Hold Monster or a spell that caused her to be petrified. So every hit that was done was an auto crit. The DC was so high, that she had to roll a 20 (DC25).
Thats why I'm making it a Lair Action to shake off magical effects so that doesnt happen again.
I'm also increasing Famines CON, INT and WILL saves on his Staff(+3 to saves and spell DCs...dont worry, its cursed, should anyone want to wield it).

This is a group i have played with for almost 20 years, and we faceroll everything... so since we have never gone beyond 20 or played an epic level campaign, I wanted this to be a memorable/save the world thingy.
Granted, this is my first real campaign (we trudged thru PotA..which was horrible...so I figured this type of event could piggy back on the tail of PotA and they could go beyond epic).
After the Horseman of Death- there is a 5th Horseman, who has some of the powers from all of the horseman... and then, there will by MY EPIC BOSS GUY!

Balfore

Explorer
Here are better pics of what I'm thinking about.
Now, the Aura is the size of the platform, and Famine is on the platform and is unaffected by its tilting, (which is a Lair Action to 'Tip the Scales')
There's really not alot of Exhaustion saves:
*When you fail 3 saves for falling off the platform.
*When you hit or get hit by Famine.
*Legendary Action: Starvation
***I'm toying with a 3rd LA of a Soul Drain effect for a Necrotic Heal/Exhaustion.

This encounter needs to be deadly...
If people start dying too early, I can always say-he could only do it so many times a day...

370519bc9e650a36c9bb4279943d8e91.jpg

6d450f4faf6123c995cd080aae41b1ae.jpg

Remove ads