Battle Master/Abjurer: Build Comparison (Please Help)

kalani

First Post
Once I have the number-crunching out of the way, I plan on writing a guide for this build, and a comparison between it and both a pure EK, and a hybrid EK/Wizard.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Just a question - you show builds through 20th level. What level do you realistically expect to reach, and what level range to do expect to see the most play?

kalani

First Post
This will be my new primary character for AL as my current main character is transitioning to tier 4 and will see infrequent play. I expect to play this character for the next 1-2 years+ with goals of reaching 20th level as tier 4 adventures slowly become available (two will be released this season for example)

Most play will happen in tier 2 & 3.

I should add that unlike many theoretical builds this character will be played from 1st-20th level and so I care about things like uneven progressions, dead levels, or delaying desired build features too long. This will not be a snapshot at various levels but a character that years of time will be invested: he de why I chose this route rather than an EK (as I don't want to wait for over a year before I get haste)

Regarding Alarm: I am aware of this (as I mentioned above about out-of-combat healing (of my ward) of up to 28+INT courtesy of said). I am not really factoring it strongly in my build however as AL modules typically don't give enough time to spam ritual-cast spells for 2HP/spell (most encounters will be no more than 5-10min apart in many adventures making alarm negligable - and occasionally an hour or two apart, but even then it will take 14+ castings of the spell, aka 2hrs+ to max-heal it). Most of that time will usually mean I would need to skip a short rest if I want to spam Alarm (which is typically not worth it as short rests are often a premium in AL)

Last edited:

Remove ads