D&D 5E D&D 5e Sorcadin Build Help

laughinggas

First Post
So starting a campaign and my undying light dragon sorcerer got nixed. New idea is to make a Pal 6/Sorc 14. I want this distribution for the tankiness it allows.

Array given is 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8. We are allowed to move points around on a 1 for 1 basis but we cannot increase the 18 and we cannot make another number 18 before racial modifiers. I want to go a STR sword and board build. My question is how should I modify the stats and array them and what race (Vuman or Half-elf).

Initial thoughts

Half-elf or Vuman (Leadership)
STR 16 (15+1) STR 16 (15+1)
DEX 8 DEX 8
CON 16 (15+1) CON 16 (15+1)
INT 10 INT 10
WIS 12 WIS 12
CHA 20 (18+2) CHA 18

Anything better? I could get 2 18s after racials but not sure if I need/want to prioritize Str early.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

WarpedAcorn

First Post
I personally favor the Variant-Human due to the Feats being so good. I like the stat array you have posted and the only thing I would consider is swapping the Str and Cha to start off with a physically stronger character. My thought is that you are probably going to use your Action to swing your sword rather than cast a spell, so you might get more mileage out of the extra +1 Att / +1 Dam from having slightly higher Strength. I'm assuming that the Sorcerer spells will mainly be for defense and burning into Smites with that though, but if you plan to do more spell casting and Control/Offensive spells then I can see the point of Cha being higher for that increase in the Save DC.

laughinggas

First Post
I personally favor the Variant-Human due to the Feats being so good. I like the stat array you have posted and the only thing I would consider is swapping the Str and Cha to start off with a physically stronger character. My thought is that you are probably going to use your Action to swing your sword rather than cast a spell, so you might get more mileage out of the extra +1 Att / +1 Dam from having slightly higher Strength. I'm assuming that the Sorcerer spells will mainly be for defense and burning into Smites with that though, but if you plan to do more spell casting and Control/Offensive spells then I can see the point of Cha being higher for that increase in the Save DC.

Yeah, I am hoping to be a debuffer of sorts. For meta magic I plan on Quicken and Careful to run up and cast Careful web. Locking them down near me.

For oath I am leaning oath of crown for its control ability and dragon sorcerer for the CHA to green flame blade and other fire spells.

I know another attribute set up I could do as a half-elf is
S 18
D 8
C 16
I 10
W 10
C 20

I was planning on taking Perception and insight so the +1 while not much would have been something. If I went Vuman, would leadership be a decent starting feat? I feel like it would help increase survivability for early levels.

Vuman does make me want to lean more GWM though and take resilient CON from the start. Play style though I kind like the idea of being the ultimate tank.

Remove ads