D&D 5E To Sail the Olympian Sea: 5E [OOC]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
To Sail the Olympian Sea
Setting and Character Info
IC Thread

Okay, I’ve decided to restart my “Prison Break” game with a new title to reflect the nature of the ongoing campaign intent*. Since I don’t know exactly who is going to continue and if we have six or less, I may be looking for some fresh blood.

If you still want in let me know with a quick message so I can get a number.

[sblock=Continuing Players]
The campaign and Rogues’ Gallery threads are toast. I have no records. I’m going to just pick up at the end of the battle on the boat. Arthros barely escaped**, all the other hobgoblins were defeated. Any non-continuing characters have perished. If you want to play a different character that’s fine, They are retconned into being in the original group.

*Obviously, if the player’s decide , “No, let's explore the forgotten Dwarf stronghold in the mountains”, the campaign title may get a little inaccurate.
**If the majority of players want Arthros to have been spectacularly killed by Freya off-camera I will allow it.

If you want to continue, recreate your character as a Level 4 PC, using:
  • 27 point buy.
  • Avg. Round up HP after 1st Level
  • Starting Package Equipment + 200 gold (in equipment or coins)
  • 1 uncommon magic item, or 3 common magic items
  • Any WotC sources other than UA.
  • UA ranger is legal, and recommended over the PHB Ranger.
  • UA options are allowed but require my approval on a case by case basis.
  • Provide me with the name and general info on three NPC’s***. A Friend (Someone you would trust and would trust you), A Foe(a rival or a bloodsworn enemy, someone who doesn’t like you), and a Contact(Someone neutral to vaguely friendly).
**Thanks KahlessNestor for the three NPC idea.

[/sblock]

New Players:
You will be playing someone who was working as an enslaved crew member on a prison ship. The ship was attacked by Hobgoblin Marines from a massive Dominion dreadnaught who set the prisoners free. Some of the prisoners killed off the hobgoblins and freed you.
We pick up the story following the battle.

Create your character as a Level 4 PC, using:
  • 27 point buy.
  • Avg. Round up HP after 1st Level
  • Starting Package Equipment + 200 gold (in equipment or coins)
  • 1 uncommon magic item, or 3 common magic items
  • Any WotC sources other than UA.
  • UA ranger is legal, and recommended over the PHB Ranger.
  • UA options are allowed but require my approval on a case by case basis.
  • Provide me with the name and general info on three NPC’s***. A Friend (Someone you would trust and would trust you), A Foe(a rival or a bloodsworn enemy, someone who doesn’t like you), and a Contact(Someone neutral to vaguely friendly).

I will be taking 6 players, with precedence going to my original players. It’s not first come first serve, I’ll pick the characters that most interest me.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
For those of us who might be interested in pitching a concept if recruiting does open up, would it be possible to get an idea of what character types are already represented by original players?

I'm rather slow in building characters, and any kind of lead (as to which roles/types are already covered) would be helpful.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Characters Accepted:
Freya, Scourge Aasimar Barbarian - KahlessNestor
Pyrlig, Human Warlock - TallIan
????, ????? ??????? - Shayuri

Originals Outstanding: (I may be forgetting Someone.)
Rab - Human Rogue - [MENTION=6801242]GreenKarl[/MENTION]
Xantos - Human Fighter - ???

This leaves at least one spot open.

TallIan

Explorer
Pyrlig was a tome'lock, probably aiming towards a sorcerer multiclass. I'm thinking of rebuilding him as a sor'lock chain pact. Either way his main abilities were lying to manipulating and shooting people.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I would be interested in joining this game!

I would like to make an artificer - alchemist, although if you aren't comfortable with that class I'm not hell-bent on it. I see the party doesn't have a lot of healing so I would take healing spells/abilities :)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I played Xantos the human fighter. I loved the roleplaying combo with the aasimar barbarian, but Xantos wasn't as effective in combat as I expected. I'm not sure I want to bring him back but if I do, I'll slightly rebuild him. Give me a few days to make up my mind.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases