D&D 5E To Sail the Olympian Sea: 5E [OOC]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Some general ideas:

(please note: I'm out of town at the moment and thus I'm away from my books, I won't be able to immediately flesh out the character)

My alchemist, Gamil Illbrew, is a dwarf from X (to discuss with DM which is best place), from a small clan of hill dwarves. Raised as a smith, he met a traveling human alchemist in his youth and became enthusiastic about this strange new art. This did not go over very well with the clan and after a few years he left the clan.

Ally: Andraste. His cousin, a dwarven warrior (barbarian, a berserker), was named after a human war goddess and that strange choice set her on a life of conflict. She didn't fit in much with the clan either, and she left with her strange alchemist cousin to travel the world. The two together made a 2-dwarf adventuring party, fighting back to back against orcs, brigands and worse. Unfortunately they became separated during some intrigue in Brettonia and haven't been able to reunite since.

Contact: Sister Catherine: A sort of "power behind the throne", Sister Catherine is a powerful priest who gets thing done for the Archbishop of the Capital of Brettonia. She's asked Gamil and Andastre to deal with a few "problems" in the past. There has been no interactions since the departure from Brettonia, but are still on good terms.

Rival: Alphonso, a half elf alchemist. This alchemist was the next student Gamil's master took on after moving on from the dwarven hills. The master suddenly took ill and died. Gamil suspects - but cannot prove - that Alphonso poisoned his master to steal his materials and writings. He also finds Alphonso to be erratic and reckless - a pretty serious accusation considering that Gamil isn't the most cautious of experimenter himself. Alphonso disdain's Gamil's dwarven sensibilities and claims that Gamil's accusation are slander, the products of a paranoid, ill-cultured dwarf of little talent.

pathfinderq1

First Post
So as usual I have a couple of ideas- I'm trying to get a jump on them in case recruiting opens up.

The initial post says that UA material is 'by approval' only- luckily only one of my ideas uses UA stuff. In this case, I would ask if the Monster Hunter fighter archetype from the Gothic Heroes UA article would be usable. If not, that is fine- that means one less idea for me to worry about.

EDIT: Add link to the relevant UA article http://dnd.wizards.com/sites/default/files/media/upload/articles/UA Gothic Characters.pdf

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
So as usual I have a couple of ideas- I'm trying to get a jump on them in case recruiting opens up.

The initial post says that UA material is 'by approval' only- luckily only one of my ideas uses UA stuff. In this case, I would ask if the Monster Hunter fighter archetype from the Gothic Heroes UA article would be usable. If not, that is fine- that means one less idea for me to worry about.

EDIT: Add link to the relevant UA article http://dnd.wizards.com/sites/default/files/media/upload/articles/UA Gothic Characters.pdf

yeah that's cool

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30sd1sw.jpg

Here is Freya Ulfric, Aasimar barbarian pirate captain.

GreenKarl

First Post
Updated Rab with a picture of his Rapier...

RabKosmas.jpgEgyptianRapier.jpg

[sblock=Build]Strength [3] 11
Dexterity [9 +1 human variant] +2 4th level ability improvement 18
Constitution [4] 12
Intelligence [5 +1 human variant] 14
Wisdom [2] 10
Charisma [4] 12

Hit Points 8 +15 (d8) +4[/sblock]

[sblock=RAB KOSMAS]
Race: Human (Variant), Class: Rogue, Level: 4, Archetype: Thief
Age: 21, Height: 5' 4", Weight: 145lbs, Eyes: Brown, Hair: Brownish Black

Abilities (*Proficiency)
STR 11 (+0/+0)
DEX 18 (+4/+7*)
CON 12 (+1/+1)
INT 14 (+2/+4*)
WIS 10 (+0/+0)
CHA 12 (+1/+1)
Skills (*Proficiency/**with Expertise)
Acrobatics (DEX) +6*
Animal Handling (WIS) +0
Arcana (INT) +2
Athletics (STR) +4**
Deception (CHA) +3*
History (INT) +2
Insight (WIS) +0
Intimidation (CHA) +1
Investigation (INT) +4*
Medicine (WIS) +0
Nature (INT) +2
Perception (WIS) +2*
Performance (CHA) +1
Persuasion (CHA) +1
Religion (INT) +2
Sleight of Hands (DEX) +6*
Stealth (DEX) +6*
Survival (WIS) +0
Tools: Thieves Tools +8**
Gaming Set (dice) * +4

Hit Point: 27 (Hit Dice 4d8)
AC: 16 (12 Armor +4 DEX)
ATTACKS:
Rapier (magical +1): hit +7, damage 1d8+5
Short Sword: hit +6, damage 1d6+4
Short Bow: hit +6, damage 1d6+4
Dagger: hit +6, damage 1d4+4
ALN: Neutral Good
Init: +4
Speed: 40ft
Passive Perception​: 12
Proficiency Bonus: +2, Saves: Dexterity, Intelligence
Language: Menekhet, Common (Olympian)

Racial Traits: Human (variant)
*+1 to two Stats (Dexterity and Intelligence)
*One additional Skill proficiency
*Feat: Mobility – Your speed increases by 10 feet. When you use the Dash action, difficult terrain doesn’t cost you extra movement on that turn. When you make a melee attack against a creature, you don’t provoke opportunity attacks from that creature for the rest of the turn, whether you hit or not.

Background: Criminal
Criminal Specialty: Burglar
Skills: Deception, Stealth
Feature: Criminal Contacts
Personality: “I would rather make a new friend then a new enemy.”
Ideal: People “I’m loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all care.”
Bond: “I’m trying to pay off an old debt I own to a generous benefactor.”
Flaw: “I have a weakness for the vices of the city, especially hard drink/”

Rogue Traits
*Expertise: double proficiency bonus with two skills (Athletics and Thieves Tools)
*Sneak Attack: Once per turn, you can deal an extra 2d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon. You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.
*Thieves Chant: understand
*Cunning Action: Bonus action on your turn to take the Dash, Disengage or Hide action.
Fast Hands: Bonus action to make a Dexterity (Sleight of Hands), use thieves tools to disarm traps or open locks or take the Use an Object action.
*Second Story Work: Climbing does not cost extra movement and Leaping distance is determined by Dexterity (long 18ft, high 7ft)

Gear
Studded Leather armor (45gp, AC12 +dexterity bonus, 13lbs)
Rapier +1 (starting gear, 1d8 piercing, finesse, 2lbs) uncommon magical +1 weapon
Short Sword (10gp, 1d6 piercing, finesse, light, 2lbs)
Shortbow (starting gear, 1d6 piercing, ammunition [range 80/320], two-handed) with 20 arrows (1lb)
2 Daggers (starting gear, 1d4 piercing, finesse, light, throw [range 20/60], 1lb each)
Burglar’s Pack (starting gear, 41lbs; backpack 5#, bag of 1,000 ball bearings 1#, 10ft of string, a bell, 5 candles, crowbar 5#, hammer 3#, 10 pitons 2.5#, hooded lantern 2#, 2 flasks of oil 2#, 5 days of rations 10#, a tinderbox 1#, waterskin 5# full, 50ft hemped rope 10#).
Thieves’ Tools (starting gear, 1lb)
Caltrops (bag of 20; 1gp, 2lbs)
Cloths, Travelers (2gp, 4lbs)
Grapplers hook (2gp, 4lbs)
Dice set (1sp)
Magnifying glass (100gp)
Rope, sink 50ft (10gp, 1lb)
Signal Whistle (5cp)
Spikes, iron (10; 1gp, 5lbs)

Total spent 71 gold, 8 silver and 5 copper

Rab Kosmas was born of parents whom immigrated from the southern nation-state of Menekhet when he was but a child. They died in a fire and he was adopted by a wealth ‘friend of the family’ who was really an important member of the locate thieves guild.

His adopted father sponsored Rab into the guild at some personal expense and young Rab still feels obligated to pay his adoptive father back (who he also loves as a father).

Friend – Adapted Father, Julius Stinoffis. Julius took Rab in when his parents died and raised him as his own son (whom had died at birth a few years earlier). Julius also introduced Rab into the local Thieves’ Guide, where the young man thrived as a second-story man.
Contact – Fat Zander. Zander is a fence for the local Thieves’ Guide that Rab most deals with. Rab like the man, even though he knows the fence would swindle his own mother if it would net him an extra copper piece. Rab knows where he stands with the man.
Foe – Kenthic Rodoci. Kenthic is a thief at the local guide that took an instant disliking to Rab, as the man is also an enemy of Julius from many years ago. Kenthic is an athletic middle age man of some high rant within the Thieves’ Guide.[/sblock]

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
Wow... cool. I just found the image with a Google search a few months ago when this game started. I just thought it looked uber cool and totally Egyptian like :) (the quasi-Egypt where Rab is from)

Remove ads