D&D 5E To Sail the Olympian Sea: 5E [OOC]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
So I've been making progress in the character design, I think the main thing now is equipment. Anyway, I have three questions for the group:

1: I noted we were a bit low on healing, and my alchemist will help for that (although he isn't a full blown cleric). I struggled with what background to take and then I realized that the Hermit one made sense. He's not the "usual" kind of hermit but it works with the backstory. Anyway, are there skills we are particularly deficient in? I have a little bit of flexibility in what I can take.

2: I see a lot of PCs with a level of rogue (or full blown rogues). Is this a "stealth party" where every member is either decent or great at stealth? Gamil doesn't have the skill but has decent dex. If I take "clanky armor" is this a big issue or are there already clankers in the party so it doesn't matter? A chain shirt wouldn't have that issue but it's less AC.

3: I know this is a group of liberated prisoners but... I'm a bit vague on what happened, or why we were prisoners in the first place. I wrote a vague story about being captured while on a ship, but I'm not sure how or if it it "fits".

cheers,

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
As a fellow player, I say play whatever you like. Most of us were prisoners for a crime we did or did not commit, ending up here on this prison ship. Logically it would be all sorts of people here. And despite it making sense in my character, mechanically and RP-wise, I don't expect Stealth to come up very often aboard a ship.

TallIan

Explorer
1. I've played a few games without a dedicated heal bot and not suffered for it. So don't worry about that.

2. The law of averages says if lots of you try and sneak, one is more likely to fail. Everyone is grateful for the high AC tank mid battle, so again, don't worry about it. Just pay what you want.

3. In the original iteration of the game we had to write why we were prisoners into our back stories. It could be real or trumped up, or I suppose captured by slavers.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Shayuri

First Post
Think I'll stick with Seelia, on reflection. Haven't had any other thunderbolts on high for other concepts I'm just dying to play, and Seelia's already sorta-integrated into the group. :)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
1. I've played a few games without a dedicated heal bot and not suffered for it. So don't worry about that.

2. The law of averages says if lots of you try and sneak, one is more likely to fail. Everyone is grateful for the high AC tank mid battle, so again, don't worry about it. Just pay what you want.

3. In the original iteration of the game we had to write why we were prisoners into our back stories. It could be real or trumped up, or I suppose captured by slavers.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks! A follow up:

Re #1: I was asking about other skills - are there things we are lacking?

#2: Group checks help a lot for that

#3: I will write something up, but while my initial idea was slavers... slaves and prisoners are very different things.

Shayuri

First Post
Seelia is a wizard, and as such has good Arcana and Investigation. I bring this up here because I haven't posted her stats here like some others have. She is in the Rogue's Gallery now though.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Think I'll stick with Seelia, on reflection. Haven't had any other thunderbolts on high for other concepts I'm just dying to play, and Seelia's already sorta-integrated into the group. :)

I see that he's a blade-dancer... it seems that almost every character is a warrior of some kind :) Shouldn't he be level 4 though?

Remove ads