Looking for an AL module to run at a convention

Doctor Atomic

Villager
I'm looking for suggestions for a tier 2 module to run at a convention, I'd prefer some sort of dungeon crawl or ruins exploration.

I was looking at DDAL04-10 (The Artifact) but am open to suggestions.

thanks

NeverLucky

First Post
As much as I like The Artifact, running season 4 can be problematic because of the whole Barovia thing. Characters can spend downtime days to get out, but it can still be off-putting to players if they're going into Barovia for just one adventure.

Some of my favorite old adventures:
DDEX2-14 The Sword of Selfaril - Features some social and political intrigue, but also offers a short dungeon crawl.
DDEX3-7 Herald of the Moon - Has a cool "dungeon" at the end which takes place on top of a massive tree rather than underground.
DDEX3-9 The Waydown - The first half provides some great social elements, while the later half provides underground travel, exploration, and dungeon delving.

Doctor Atomic

Villager
As much as I like The Artifact, running season 4 can be problematic because of the whole Barovia thing. Characters can spend downtime days to get out, but it can still be off-putting to players if they're going into Barovia for just one adventure.

Some of my favorite old adventures:
DDEX2-14 The Sword of Selfaril - Features some social and political intrigue, but also offers a short dungeon crawl.
DDEX3-7 Herald of the Moon - Has a cool "dungeon" at the end which takes place on top of a massive tree rather than underground.
DDEX3-9 The Waydown - The first half provides some great social elements, while the later half provides underground travel, exploration, and dungeon delving.

I didn't realize that the location would be a problem, not very dialed in on Ravenloft lore, I thought of that scenario because it was about a ruined temple.

I'll look a those you suggested, thanks.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Yeah, if you play any Season 4 adventures, any character that plays is trappednin Barovia and can't play anything except Season 4 until they either play one of the Season 4 mods that has an exit (I think there are 2?) Or pays a considerable price in Downtime Days. Frankly, Season 4 is pretty much defunct.

The Obliette from Season 2 (? The elemental season) was a fairly interesting straightforward dungeon, IIRC. I also remember a Maerymidra adventure from the Underdark/madness season (3?), though can't recall the name.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

Yeah, if you play any Season 4 adventures, any character that plays is trappednin Barovia and can't play anything except Season 4 until they either play one of the Season 4 mods that has an exit (I think there are 2?) Or pays a considerable price in Downtime Days. Frankly, Season 4 is pretty much defunct.

The Obliette from Season 2 (? The elemental season) was a fairly interesting straightforward dungeon, IIRC. I also remember a Maerymidra adventure from the Underdark/madness season (3?), though can't recall the name.

I think you are referring to DDEX2-11 Oubliette of Fort Iron (http://www.dmsguild.com/product/170486/DDEX211-Oubliette-of-Fort-Iron-5e) and potentially DDEX03-16 Assault on Maerimydra (http://www.dmsguild.com/product/177572/DDEX0316-Assault-on-Maerimydra-5e). While are amazingly good adventures (!) I don't think they met the original poster's requirements. 2-11 is tier 1 and 3-16 is tier 3.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I think you are referring to DDEX2-11 Oubliette of Fort Iron (http://www.dmsguild.com/product/170486/DDEX211-Oubliette-of-Fort-Iron-5e) and potentially DDEX03-16 Assault on Maerimydra (http://www.dmsguild.com/product/177572/DDEX0316-Assault-on-Maerimydra-5e). While are amazingly good adventures (!) I don't think they met the original poster's requirements. 2-11 is tier 1 and 3-16 is tier 3.
The first is right. Obliette of Fort Iron. But it wasn't Assault on Maerymidra. I don't have a tier 3 character. We rescued some drow from the cells. Now that I think of it, I think it was an advance outpost of Maerymidra, not the city itself. It was earlier in the season, before Assault.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases