Getting a group together in Lubbock, TX

DonAdam

Explorer
My wife and I are looking to host a weekly game night, and are looking for some folks to join us. We are both mid-30's professionals who want a regular chance to play board games and RPG's.

Who: 2-4 mature gamers. Newbies welcome. We both work at Texas Tech University, and would not be comfortable gaming with students who we might have to work with professionally.

When: Monday evenings most weeks, 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM, starting in February.

Where: Our house, which is just off 19th street in Lubbock. We have dedicated space for playing. We also have a small, friendly, hypo-allergenic dog. He is sometimes insane.

What: I am happy to GM. For now I can only run short "mini-campaigns" that go for a few sessions and one-shots. These will usually be con-style games with pre-made characters and using pre-written adventures. I might do longer campaigns in the future, but not right away. If others would like to rotate GM duties that would work as well.

If I don't have time to prep for an RPG or if we are missing too many people to continue with one we will still meet and play a board game. We have lots of cooperative board games like Eldritch Horror, Ghostbusters, Pandemic, etc.

I will probably start with one or more adventures from Primeval Thule for 5th Edition D&D.

For future games we're also fond of Dungeon World, Call of Cthulhu, Savage Worlds, and Mutants and Masterminds. I might like to kick the wheels on the new FFG Star Wars system as well.

For the sake of full disclosure, we don't really do D&D 3.x, Pathfinder, GURPS, or World of Darkness. No judgement if you like those, they just aren't to our taste.

Flan Bork

First Post
That sounds good I use play 3.5 so it'll be an easy transition however I would like to meet you in person first just for you know safety stuff

DonAdam

Explorer
We were on hiatus for a while after having a kid but will be looking for to start again soon. Hours a little more constrained, but would be Monday evenings. We also like to meet people in person first.

Ursus Trollkin

Villager
That sounds good I use play 3.5 so it'll be an easy transition however I would like to meet you in person first just for you know safety stuff

If you'd like to meet the group, we play at Mad Hatter's and will be playing this coming Friday starting around 5pm and playing til 10 or so. If you're interested let me know, and I'll tell you how to find us.

Ursus Trollkin

Villager
We were on hiatus for a while after having a kid but will be looking for to start again soon. Hours a little more constrained, but would be Monday evenings. We also like to meet people in person first.

Nice to finally hear from you. I'm interested, but already involved in two games, and don't think my wife would care for me joining a third. Though I could check and see.

Remove ads