Which team will win Super Bowl LI?

Which team will win Super Bowl LI?

• Poll closed .

cmad1977

Hero
It used to be a field goal won the game so the rules are better.

The Falcons needed to step them but clearly they were out of gas and momentum had shifted to the patriots. The falcons and Steelers should have adapted to the patriots instead of sticking to how they got there. Falcons should have run the ball instead of throwing when time was expiring. Steelers should have adjusted their defense as the zone doesn't work against the patriots.

Cowboys should have been in the superbowl but they got outcoached in the beginning of the game. The packers team was flawed The cowboys had more talent than any other team in the league and shouldn't have won the coach of they year based on that. Patriots had overall less talent than Cowboys and Falcons but coaching and preparation along with a great quarterback are clearly key. Brady as of now has played with 1 possible hall of famer in his career (Randy Moss). Brady clearly stands alone as the greatest of all time

The shootout in hockey is terrible. soccer is similar to football. baseball the home team always has the advantage as they get the last outs.

I also haven't seen much that the NFL got the last play wrong.

Shootout doesn't exist in NHL playoffs because in a real sport the TEAM decides who wins the game, not a coin flip.
NFL should go to college rules. Give both the offense and defense of both teams a chance to compete in OT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmad1977

Hero
They do...unless the first drive score is a TD.

So each team isn't given the opportunity to participate fully in OT. It's embarrassing for a professional sports biggest game to be decided by a coin flip.

Bear in mind I had no vested interest in either team winning but even soccer shootouts(which are awful) allow both teams to shoot. If soccer used NFL rules the first shooter would end the game.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
So each team isn't given the opportunity to participate fully in OT. It's embarrassing for a professional sports biggest game to be decided by a coin flip.

Bear in mind I had no vested interest in either team winning but even soccer shootouts(which are awful) allow both teams to shoot. If soccer used NFL rules the first shooter would end the game.

The coin toss isn't the decider. They still have to play. And thus begins the coaching chess match anew.

If the D holds the O's initial drive to 3 or fewer points, the OT continues.

A successful onside kick in OT essentially "steals" the receiving team's possession, meaning that the recovering team can win with a FG. That's a powerful play if you can pull it off.

And remember, if the D scores on that opening OT drive (safety or turnover returned for a touchdown), the game is over too. IOW, the OT can end in one play in favor of either team.

Rune

Once A Fool
The thing is, defense is important in the NFL. Especially in OT. If your defense can't step up and prevent a touchdown in OT, you deserve the loss.

All Atlanta had to do to win is what they showed they were fully capable of for most of that game.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases