Starfinder A STARFINDER Bonanza - Preorder Core Rules, First AP, Compatibility License, & More!

Lots of updates for Paizo's upcoming science-fantasy RPG, Starfinder, today! Not only did Paizo make the game available for pre-order, they also announced the first adventure path for it and released the Starfinder Compatibility License for third-party publishers. Add to this a Starfinder booklet for Free RPG Day in June, and accessories like a GM screen, pawns, maps, and more, and it's quite the treasure trove of information. Here goes!

PZO7101.jpg

First and foremost, for those who don't know, Starfinder is science-fantasy game based on the Pathfinder ruleset (with some changes) due for release at Gen Con later this year. There's lots more information here, where I collated what we know a while back.

Core Rulebook. This beast is 560-page in size (pictured above), and you can now pre-order it for $59.99. August 2017 release. "Strap in and blast off! The Starfinder Roleplaying Game puts you in the role of a bold science-fantasy explorer, investigating the mysteries of a weird and magical universe as part of a starship crew. Will you delve for lost artifacts in the ruins of alien temples? Strap on rune-enhanced armor and a laser rifle to battle undead empires in fleets of bone ships, or defend colonists from a swarm of ravenous monsters? Maybe you'll hack into the mainframe of a god-run corporation, or search the stars for clues to the secret history of the universe or brand new planets to explore. Whether you're making first contact with new cultures on uncharted worlds or fighting to survive in the neon-lit back alleys of Absalom Station, you and your team will need all your wits, combat skill, and magic to make it through. But most of all, you'll need each other."

First Contact: Free RPG Day. This appropriately named 16-page booklet contains a dozen alien critters and some previews of the new Starfinder rules. it will be available form participating game stores on Free RPG Day, June 17th. "The Starfinder Roleplaying Game arrives in August 2017, but the first aliens are landing right now! Within this top-secret dossier, you'll find a dozen otherworldly foes both bizarre and familiar, from the asteroid-dwelling sarcesians who ride solar winds on wings of light to technomagical undead horrors capable of ruling forever as the sinister Bone Sages of Eox. While all the creatures in this book are designed for use with Starfinder, all can be easily converted for use with Pathfinder, so there's no need to wait until August to start battling invaders from space!"

PZO9500-11.jpg

Adventure Path: Dead Suns. Paizo will be using the same type of adventure path structure as they do for Pathfinder. The first is called Dead Suns, and the first adventure in that 6-part AP is called Incident at Absalom Station. "The Dead Suns Adventure Path kicks off with "Incident at Absalom Station," the inaugural adventure for the Starfinder Roleplaying Game. A deserted mining ship emerges from hyperspace at Absalom Station, towing a mysterious asteroid behind it. After battling warring factions on the station, the heroes are recruited to explore the ship and asteroid and discover the fate of the ship's missing crew, only to learn that the asteroid is a fragment of a larger, ancient structure—an alien weapon that could threaten the safety and security of all of the Pact Worlds, should it fall into the wrong hands."

PZO7201.jpg

Starfinder GM Screen. This will come out in August, same time as the core rulebook. "Protect your important notes and die rolls from prying player eyes with the Starfinder GM Screen! This beautiful 4-panel screen features stunning artwork of a battle scene on the player's side, and a huge number of charts and tables on the GM side to speed up play and make sure you’ve always got key rules at your fingertips. From helpful rules and reminders for both conventional and starship combat to skill DCs and common conditions, the Starfinder GM Screen gives you the tools you need to keep the game fast and fun. Constructed of ultra-high-grade hardcover book stock, this durable screen is perfect for convention play or regular home game use. (Screen measures 8.5" x 11" when folded and 34" x 11" in when unfolded)."

PZO7102.jpg

Starfinder Player Character Folio. Also in August, this is a deluxe character sheet, 16-pages in length. "Fully detail your heroes and chronicle their exploits with the Starfinder Player Character Folio! This deluxe character record covers absolutely everything you need to know about your Starfinder hero, with an innovative layout that means your character's most important details are always at your fingertips!"

PZO7103.jpg

Starfinder Core Pawn Collection. Tons of cardboard character or alien pawns, along with a dozen spaceships; slot into plastic bases. If you have the Pathfinder ones, you know the score. "The friends and foes of the Starfinder Roleplaying Game have landed in the Starfinder Core Pawn Collection, featuring a horde of pawns for use with the Starfinder Roleplaying Game, the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, or any tabletop RPG! Printed on sturdy cardstock, each double-sided pawn presents a beautiful full-color image of a character or alien creature, drawn from the Starfinder Core Rulebook and the Starfinder: First Contact preview bestiary, perfect for representing both player characters and their fearsome opponents. What's more, the set also contains more than a dozen different starship pawn designs for use with Starfinder's starship combat system! Each cardstock pawn slots into a size-appropriate plastic base from the Starfinder Pawns Base Assortment or any Pathfinder Pawns Bestiary Box, making the pawns easy to mix with traditional metal or plastic miniatures, and come numbered and labeled for easy sorting. With tons of distinct images, the Starfinder Core Pawn Collection brings the art of the Starfinder Roleplaying Game to life on your tabletop!"

PZO7402.jpg

Starfinder Flip Map.
Poster map showing two textures - dusty ground and metallic grating, which you can draw battle maps on with dry-erase markers. Useful for any sci-fi game!

Starfinder Compatibility License
. Similar to the existing Pathfinder Compatibility License, this allows you to publish material and use a specific compatibility logo.

SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
I am really looking forward to this even though I am not a fan of the Pathfinder rules. Hopefully this will scratch my sci-fi/sci-fantasy itch that began with Dragonstar.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Understood.

But I won't go near the LGS' that participate..

I hope Paizo puts up some previews online for the masses
In the past years Paizo has released the PDF for Free RPG Day items for free. Possibly they'll do the same this year.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Free RPG day is June 17?! Ruh roh, looks like I have a deadline. Thanks for reminding me that Starfinder looks cool, and that I can't afford artists, Morrus!

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases