D&D 5E 5e Hardcore: Monster Manual

ATroper

First Post
Another silly question, but will you be making Wyrm and Great Wyrm entries for non-red dragons? I don't mean to demand you put extra work on your shoulders by making them, but I just wanted to know. >.>

dave2008

Legend
Another silly question, but will you be making Wyrm and Great Wyrm entries for non-red dragons? I don't mean to demand you put extra work on your shoulders by making them, but I just wanted to know. >.>

I think so, but I am not 100% sure. It was exercise to see what they would look like. I definitely want to finish the rest of the chromatic dragons first. If I do keep the dragons, I may have to do something to make the Tarrasque more powerful.

dave2008

Legend
Also, there's the issue of Great Wyrms in 5E at all, and their impact on established monsters like Ashardalon, as we discussed here and a few posts after that. http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...anual/page23&p=7057094&viewfull=1#post7057094

Myself, I'm thinking CR 30 in 5E for a red dragon is maybe overdoing it, especially if these are supposed to be used without your epic rules.

I'm still pondering it myself. CR30 works out well with the CR progression already present in 5e dragons. But maybe 5e doesn't need great wyrms or maybe they CR progression slows down.

I like the possibility of great wyrms - they fit what I want to see in a dragon, so I will probably keep them. However, I do need to think through the ramifications a bit more.

I am in the process of revising the Epic rules to align with the hardcore rules.

Rhuarc

Explorer
Hey Dave,

first of all great work so far, really enjoying your creations! Now, how is your revision of the epic rules coming along? Curious to see what the changes are :)

Anyway, keep up your good work!

dave2008

Legend
Hey Dave,

first of all great work so far, really enjoying your creations! Now, how is your revision of the epic rules coming along? Curious to see what the changes are :)

Anyway, keep up your good work!

Unfortunately I have had to put my D&D projects on hold for a bit. Real life has been getting in the way. Hopefully I can get back to all of this soon. However, recently I have been think about finishing all of the first draft Epic Monsters before a switch to the new format. I am just not sure.

dave2008

Legend
Just found this thread and wanted to say some great work here! I was just thinking of starting a similar thread, but no need now!

Great!

FYI, I am working on my epic threats thread for a while, but it you want to contribute to this thread I would love the help. PM me and I will send you my email address if you are interested. I can send you the templates (or you can download them form the download linked in the OP) and I can upload whatever you come up with and give you credit of course. Just let me know.

Motorskills

Explorer
ELEMENTALS:
Elder Air Elemental (CR 10):
by dave2008
Ancient Air Elemental (CR 16):
by dave2008
Primal Air Elemental (CR 20, elite):
by dave2008
[sblock]
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

[/sblock]
Elder Earth Elemental (CR 10):
by dave2008
Ancient Earth Elemental (CR 17):
by dave2008
Primal Earth Elemental (CR 20, elite):
by dave2008
[sblock]
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

[/sblock]

Elder Fire Elemental (CR 10):
by dave2008
Ancient Fire Elemental (CR 16):
by dave2008
Primal Fire Elemental (CR 20, elite):
by dave2008
[sblock]
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

[/sblock]

Alright, help me out here. I can see all these amazing Elementals but I can't find the downloadable file in which they appear, the main Monster Manual is empty apart from Dragons and Giants....please can someone link for me. :)

Thanks!

dave2008

Legend
Alright, help me out here. I can see all these amazing Elementals but I can't find the downloadable file in which they appear, the main Monster Manual is empty apart from Dragons and Giants....please can someone link for me. :)

Thanks!

Looks like I didn't post the last update. I just downloaded the version in the downloads sections and it has more than dragons and giants (ogres, trolls, yuan-ti, etc.), but the elementals are definitely missing. I just got back from a 5 hour drive so I won't get it corrected tonight, but I will get it sometime this week.

Thank you for catching that.

FYI, I plan to start working on this thread again in May or June.

Remove ads