D&D 5E To Sail the Olympian Sea: 5E [IC]

TallIan

Explorer
Pyrlig
rogue 1, warlock 3

Pyrlig gives Gamil a nod before looking Demetrius up and down. The assessment was pointless, Pyrlig wouldn't know a good sailor from a bad harlot. "So, who owns it then - or thinks they do?", he asks of Demetrius, "Where is it expected to turn up and when?"

OOC: Hard to RP this in a pbp game, it'll just come out as a battery of questions or take ages posting one or two at a time. Pyrlig is basically trying to assess the risk of keeping the ship. How many people will be looking for it, what sort of area's become no go area's because they will know the ship, etc. OR would it be better to get a lift to shore and leave things at that. He's also trying to assess the deviousness of Demetrius, is he likely to turn on them - or will he be an "honest" pirate?

Pyrlig Insight: 1D20 = [12] = 12

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 15 (12 Studded leather + 3 DEX)
HP: 33/33 (HD 4/4 d8)

Initiative: +3
Rapier:+5 to hit 5 ft 1d8+3S
Dagger:+5 to hit5 ft 1d4+3P
Dagger:+5 to hit20/601d4+3P
Eldritch Blast: +5 to hit 120 ft 1d10+3
Spell attack: +5 to hit Spell DC: 15
Spell Save DC: 13

Spells: 2/2 (Level 2)
Healing Potions: 3/3
Rations: 10/10

Char Sheet
[/SBLOCK]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30sd1sw.jpg

Prison Ship enroute to Polemphos
Evening

Freya had wandered off and now rejoined the group.

“I can sail the ship,” she said. “It’s not the Kraken’s Bastard, but it will do. Thor’s Hammer, I was getting sick of land!” she said, stretching her lithe, curvaceous form in the fading sunlight after being trapped below for days, her platinum hair catching the rays and sending them shimmering golden around her.

Freya glanced at Demetrious as he claimed the captaincy. “And we should trust that you won’t return us to bonds and slavery?” she asked him, gripping the hilt of her greataxe. She looked over at Xanthos. “Have a nice nap?” she asked, flashing him a flirtatious, teasing smile. “At least nothing important was damaged.” Her storm grey eyes traveled down to his codpiece.

[sblock=Freya’s Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Free:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
AC: 16 (unarmored defense)
HP: 49/49 HD: 4/4d10
Inspiration: 0

Rage: 3/3/LR
Healing Hands: 1/1/LR = 4 hp
Radiant Consumption: 1/1/LR

Racial Spells:
Cantrips: Light
[/sblock]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Demetrious looks a bit stunned. He protests, "I never said or assumed captaincy. I've heard of the Kraken's Bastard and if you were crazy enough to be part of her crew I'm not gonna challenge you. I only said that I could help keep this ship afloat until we make final decisions. I am sticking my neck out as someone who has worked with this ship and some of the crew before, but I'm not assuming any leadership."

Continuing, he says, "I think the whole ship should be gone over, to see if there is any damage that harms her seaworthiness. Other than that we'll all have to agree what comes next. The ship is an independent merchant out of western Olympia*, the previous captain alternated between slave trading and prisoner transport to the isle of Tarterion**. They'd likely notice our absence there, but no idea what they'd assume. No one is likely to be concerned with the ship itself, just the cargo."

*Western Olympia is a mountainous land with a few good seaports on the Olympian sea. It's considered less civilized than the Olympian League Cities, especially as slavery is not really regulated the way it is in the main Olympian States. I need to make an OOC post on slavery and where and how it is accecpted.

** Tarterion. A hellish, bleak island that serves as a prison for the worst characters.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Xantos grinned back at Freya.

"Nothing to worry about, lass. Excercise makes a man sleepy," the Olympian quips. "Want to help me apply that healing salve?"

The warrior looks at the people who have admitted to have experience sailing. He personally had never heard of the Kraken's Bastard, and neither did he know much about ships.

"If you both know a bit about sailoring, why don't you do it together? I'll help if you can tell me what to do. But first I'll go look for that drink."

With that, Xantos heads for the ship's hold.

Shayuri

First Post
"Never fear!" trumpeted the dimunitive gnome. "I, SEELIA NISHNOCKET, will be captain!"

She gestured at the sails and rigging. "Pull some ropes! Swing around on them! Make the big...cloth things go! Someone come up with a jaunty song we can all sing while we do things!"

GreenKarl

First Post
Rab also pips up "Well I was only callin' him Captain as I was not sure that any of us could sail... swing around in the ropes and pull up and the sails might look fun but I doubt its going to get us wherever we wants to go..."

TallIan

Explorer
Pyrlig
rogue 1, warlock 3

Pyrlig contemplates what Demetrius said, a dependable lieutenant then? Perhaps. Loyal? Harder to judge, everyone's loyalty has a price - not necessarily money.

"So we have a ship, but had best avoid going to Western Olympia. I have no burning need to go there anyway."

He looked at the little gnome as she declared herself captain, "If you like." Pyrlig says dismissively, he didn't really care, so long as they didn't try and order him around. Not being a prominent figure suited him, it was easier not to be noticed and easier to slip away if needed.

Turning his attention back to Demetrius he said, "So then, away from here before that dreadnaught returns to somewhere we can check the ship over and then on to somewhere we can pick up a few more sailors."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 15 (12 Studded leather + 3 DEX)
HP: 33/33 (HD 4/4 d8)

Initiative: +3
Rapier:+5 to hit 5 ft 1d8+3S
Dagger:+5 to hit5 ft 1d4+3P
Dagger:+5 to hit20/601d4+3P
Eldritch Blast: +5 to hit 120 ft 1d10+3
Spell attack: +5 to hit Spell DC: 15
Spell Save DC: 13

Spells: 2/2 (Level 2)
Healing Potions: 3/3
Rations: 10/10

Char Sheet
[/SBLOCK]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Gamil looked around, eyes darting as he tried to follow the conversation. Where these folks beref of name? Apply topically? …. aaah, typical humans. Ah well, it could be worse.

Gamil took a step towards the warrior and extended a hand, holding a small but stout clay vial with a large stopper. The brown clay was covered in both dwarven runes and religious symbols of the Bretonian One God.

"I'm afraid that this potion must be drunk, not applied to the skin sir Warrior. Please drink promptly, the draught will spoil quickly"

OOC: Should Xantos take the vial and drink the contents, he will note a rich sweet barley-like flavor, and gain 2d8 HP. He may be startled however as the vial itself will vanish 2-3 seconds after he has drunk it.

Gamil then looked startled at the gnome's exclamation. He didn't know much about sailing but... surely the gnome was jesting? Still, if we could get moving... aha, good, the sorcerer said the same.
"Yes, let us make way and move away from this other ship... and well met Seelia! "

"And yes, let us go see that hold and see how much supplies we have. We may be lucky and already have stores of alcohol. If not, I will start brewing".

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30sd1sw.jpg

Prison Ship enroute to Polemphos
Evening

Freya grinned at Demetrius. “Part of the crew? I’m the captain of the Kraken’s Bastard!” she said with a hearty laugh. “And that’s fine. A good mate is hard to find,” she said. “I don’t want to have to flog you and keel-haul you or hang you from the mast, so do a good job, keep the others in line, and we’ll all get along.” She put her hand on the sailor’s shoulder and gave him a good-natured shake as she laughed at Seelia’s outburst.

“Get the crew to give the ship a once-over. Then we need to find a port to lie low, put on supplies, and perhaps change the ship a bit so we’re not recognized.” She looked up at the sails and along the deck. “It’s not the Bastard, but I guess a trireme will have to do in a pinch,” she said with a sigh. “I know a few islands here in the Olympian sea, havens for those who like to avoid...legal entanglements.”

She turned to Gamil. “Thank you for your help, dwarf,” she said, offering her hand. “Freya Ulfric. Guess I’m captain of this ship now. At least until I find the Bastard again.”

[sblock=Freya’s Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Free:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
AC: 16 (unarmored defense)
HP: 49/49 HD: 4/4d10
Inspiration: 0

Rage: 3/3/LR
Healing Hands: 1/1/LR = 4 hp
Radiant Consumption: 1/1/LR

Racial Spells:
Cantrips: Light
[/sblock]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Strugling to follow the rapid claims on command, Gamil completely misinterpreted Freya's gesture and turned towards her and pressed the clay vial in her extended hand.

"I am only happy to help. You will have to use it before I can produce some more"

(OOC: see above for effects of vial)

Sensing that he might have inadvertently thrown his lot on one side of the leadership debate, Gamil decided to commit. Clearly the diminutive Seelia knew little of how to manage a boat.

"Well met Captain. I am Gamil Illbrew of the Sordot Clan. I am afraid I am not from these part. I was detained on my way home off the coast of Brettonia on trumped-up charges. I've had my fill of legal problems."

Gamil paused... what *kind* of captain was she?!?

"... I'm unfamiliar with the Kraken's Bastard... what kind of vessel was it?"

Remove ads