D&D 5E To Sail the Olympian Sea: 5E [IC]

GreenKarl

First Post
Rab is unconcerned about other ships... ships are not on land and he wants to be back on land. Somewhere, anywhere. "So where we headed?" he asks to no one in particular but mostly looking at Freya.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
OOC: To move things along here, I'm going to skim over the details. Basically, you all are refreshed as if after a long rest. You find all your personal effects. The ship contains a significant amount of trade goods for the prison. The ship is sinking.

"Got some bad news, folks," Demetrious continues, "There was some damage below the waterline. There is a slow leak in the hold, we probably have a day before it will become a real risk. If we make landfall, I'm sure we can fix it, but it needs to be quick."

According to the ship's charts, the closest major island is Tarterion, the original destination of the boat, about two days away.

Shayuri

First Post
Seelia nodded, her eyes narrowing in a businesslike way. "Mmmm."

"Well, the obvious course of action is to use this ship to build a NEW ship. We'll use the lumber from above the water to build the bit that goes into the water first...then use the watery bits to build the top bits, and just hop from one to the other!"

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Gamil's eyes grew wide. Sinking!?! Oh what fresh calamity was this? Truly his ancestors must be chuckling now... infernal boats, dwarves were not meant to go to sea!

Gamil looked blankly at Seelia. Was this some form of Gnomish humor?

Clearly some rational thoughts was called for. Gamil stroked his beard, his brows furred with concentration.

"Well, if we have a day and the closest major island is 2 days away... is there a minor island nearby? Besides, do we want to bring this ship to the original destination? We may not get a warm welcome...

Also, if it's a slow leak, can we start bailing the water out to gain time? Maybe some kind of pump, or a bucket chain? If we can remove half of the water coming in, based on your estimate, this would buy us an extra day.

Once we land, if there are some trees nearby I can create some wood tar if it helps"

Gamil frowned and added in a low voice

"If we are really desperate, there is that hobgoblin ship...."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Gamil suddenly looked up in alarm.

"Tarterion? The place has powerful enchantments to prevent prisoner escape. We should not go there, considering our status..."

TallIan

Explorer
Pyrlig
rogue 1, warlock 3

"I'm not sure we have a choice. We could always try and convince then we're all crew and the prisoners were taken by the hobgoblins."

Turning to Demetrius, he adds, "Is there anywhere else we have a chance to make?"

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 15 (12 Studded leather + 3 DEX)
HP: 33/33 (HD 4/4 d8)

Initiative: +3
Rapier:+5 to hit 5 ft 1d8+3S
Dagger:+5 to hit5 ft 1d4+3P
Dagger:+5 to hit20/601d4+3P
Eldritch Blast: +5 to hit 120 ft 1d10+3
Spell attack: +5 to hit Spell DC: 15
Spell Save DC: 13

Spells: 2/2 (Level 2)
Healing Potions: 3/3
Rations: 10/10

Char Sheet
[/SBLOCK]

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30sd1sw.jpg

Prison Ship enroute to Polemphos
Evening

Freya smiled at Gamil. “Keep your elixirs, dwarf,” she said. “I am in no need, at the moment. And the Kraken’s Bastard was only the finest ship to sail the Olympian Sea. A longboat from the northern reaches of Skadia. I, too, was falsely accused of piracy. Those goods fell off the boat!”

The blonde gave a hearty laugh.

The sailors scattered around the ship and then Demetrious returned with the dismal report.

"There was some damage below the waterline. There is a slow leak in the hold, we probably have a day before it will become a real risk. If we make landfall, I'm sure we can fix it, but it needs to be quick."

Freya was in the cabin, reading over the charts. “We’re closest to Tarterion,” she said. “The prison island where we were destined. Irony worth of Loki,” she muttered. “And it’s still two days away. I doubt we have the means to take a full hobgoblin dreadnaught,” she said. “Seelia may have the right idea. Pretend we’re crew. We were attacked by the hobgoblins and the prisoners escaped. Let’s play this straight and hope they don’t catch on.”

She looked to Demetrious. “Is there somewhere on Tarterion we could land unnoticed? A hidden cove, an out of the way harbor?”

[sblock=Freya’s Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Free:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
AC: 16 (unarmored defense)
HP: 49/49 HD: 4/4d10
Inspiration: 0

Rage: 3/3/LR
Healing Hands: 1/1/LR = 4 hp
Radiant Consumption: 1/1/LR

Racial Spells:
Cantrips: Light
[/sblock]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Gamil took the vial back and frowned slightly. Skaldian longboats weren't fishing vessels. Goods fell off the boat... that was an ambiguous statement indeed... there was nothing to do for now but watch and make himself useful.

"The text I read also spoke of enchantments preventing rescue attempts, but there were no useful details on *how* was this accomplished. Are secondary beaches warded? The prison itself defended? I don't know."

"I'm going to see if I can build a pump now"

And with that, Gamil began exploring options to bail water out of the ship as quickly as possible.

OOC: no idea what kind of check that would be ha.

GreenKarl

First Post
Rab helps volunteer to bail water... while he is not the most motivate man to hard labor the thought drowned its one of the worst fates he can imagine...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases