Recruiting for Play-by-post game (closed)

johnsemlak

First Post
I've just discovered an evil-infested dungeon and am looking for a band of hearty adventurers to clean it out. :D

Seriously, I'm looking for players on an online play-by-post game/campaign.

The campaign will start with a dungeon-oriented adventure I have, and hopefully develop from there.

We'll play in play-by-post (PbP) format, probably using www.rpol.net. Players will be expected to post about once every two days. Feel free to ask if you have questions about how PbP will work.

PCs will start at 1st Level. Need a party of 4-6. For the most part we'll start with 3rd edition rules (more on that later). The setting will be Greyhawk, but initially it won't very significant.

[edited due to closing of recruiting. Sorry!]

Last edited:

Airwolf

First Post
If you haven't filled your group I will email you later today, when I get home from work.

I have a few questions, but it sounds like a fun adventure/campaign.

Oh, just in case you are wondering my characters do not wear chain mail bikinis. ;)

johnsemlak

First Post
Oh, just in case you are wondering my characters do not wear chain mail bikinis.

Darn, I was looking forward to your character's picture ;)

Another person has expressed interest via email so far

Tomorrow or the day after I'll post some guidelines on character creation to you can go ahead and get started if you decide to play.

Let me just say that I'd prefer no Evil characters and no Psionics characters (I don't have the PsHB).

johnsemlak

First Post
another person has expressed interest via email, so so far three people have expressed interested. There's still spots open.

BTW, one person already asked to play a thief/rogue.

johnsemlak

First Post
OK let me summarize where we are so far.

Four people have expressed interest so far:

Airwolf (who is thinking about playing a Cleric)
FluidDragon
NarlethDrider (who has pointed towards a Half orc ranger)
Another person who has contacted me via Email. He as asked to be a rogue

No one has decided on a class just yet, so I'd say any class is open right now, however.

Hopefully we'll get at least two more players. I may throw in an NPC to round out the party, though I'd rather have 5-6 players.

I'll give you my character creation guidelines so that those of you who have decided to play can go ahead and create a character:

Use 28 Point buy (DMG page 19-20; email me if you don't have the DMG). Remember to add Racial ability bonuses/penalties after the point buy. Also, you may add two points to any ability (you can add two to one ability or split this among two abilities) However, the maximum ability score is 20 (at the start, that is)

All classes and races in the Player's handbook are available. I'd prefer no Psionics or no evil characters.

I'll also allow Monte Cook's varient Paladin, Sorceror, or Ranger. Actually, Monte Cook has two varient rangers, one in the Book of Hallowed might and one off his website . You can use either, but choose one and stick with it.

Multiclassing. I'll stick with the limitations on mulitclassing for Paladins or Monks. Otherwise, I'll allow most combinations. If you want to multiclass I'd prefer players to use the optional rules for multiclassing at 1st level in the DMG page 40-41, or declare a character path describing your multiclass plan (a general plan, not necessarily a level-by level plan) right away.

Deterimine your starting GP according to the PHB and buy equipment accordingly. You can choose non-exotic equipment from the Arms and Equipment Guide or the WotC spattbooks.

In my campaign, all race-specific arms and equipment are not considered exotic to that particular race. Note that this may affect your feat selection. (E.g. Dwarves need not spend an exotic weapon proficiency on Dwarven Waraxe).

If you really want to choose a weapon not on your class list, let me know, and provide a rationale. I may allow you to choose one weapon at first level you can use (without spending a feat).

Write a simple background. For now, don]t get too detailed, we can flesh it out later. I don't plan on initially creating on a plot specifically built around the players; I hope to do more of that after the first adventure.

You don't have to choose a diety unless you're a Paladin, Cleric, or Druid (a druid can even opt to serve nature in general, IMC), though you can if you want. Choose any diety from the D&D pantheon (the Greyhawk pantheon) or another Greyhawk deity if you have access to materials. If you really want a deity not in the PHB, let me know which one and give a rationale. Finally, in my campaign St. Cuthburt is LG.

The campaign will start in in the World of Greyhawk (as per the Living Greyhawk Gazatteer) just north of the Gran March/Duchy of Ulek border. So you might make your self from that area or explain how you get there. If you don't have access to any World of Greyhawk (the LGG, the D&D Gazatteer, or an earlier greyhawk setting book or boxed set) material, just make a generic background description we can flesh out later. It won't matter for the first adventure.

Finally, if you want to use material from other d20 publishers or WotC Books I haven't mentioned, ask. If I have the book, have access to it, or you can send me the relavent material (ok if it's just a spell or a piece of equipment, for example), I'll consider it.

The following books are pretty much open:
Relics and Rituals I & II
Book of Eldritch Might I & II
Book of Hallowed might
Hammer and Helm
Traps and Treachery, the player's section (watch out for the traps, too ;))
Moon Elves

I have some others as well.

That's all I can think of for now. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

NarlethDrider

First Post
Airwolf (who is thinking about playing a Cleric)
FluidDragon
Another person who has contacted me via Email. He as asked to be a rogue

Hey dont fergit about me:eek:

I'll probably go with a ranger---maybe a half-orc, but not sure;)

Airwolf

First Post
I've never played in Greyhawk, so I don't know anything about it. My group has always used homebrew worlds, with the PH deities for the patheon.

Is there a list anywhere of the Greyhawk pantheon (or is that the one listed in the PH)?

johnsemlak

First Post
NarlethDrider said:

Hey dont fergit about me:eek:

I'll probably go with a ranger---maybe a half-orc, but not sure;)

Doh! I knew I had forgotten someone. It' gets confusing with people responding via email and to this thread. Really sorry.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases