Amazing Tales from Centropolis

pathfinderq1

First Post
The figure was clad in a close-fitting bodysuit of some dull grey material, that covered every inch of her body, even rendering her face into a nearly featureless oval- whatever it was, it was too heavy to be spandex (and not quite so... revealing). And whoever was wearing that costume was clearly a woman, lightly built and barely five feet tall.

Even without seeing her face, her body language was plain enough. As the receptionist spoke, the woman spread her arms wider, the very picture of "Who, Me?". She looked down at herself, as if double-checking her own appearance, then swept an eyeless 'glance' around the room, lingering on the other obvious metahumans. "And I look totally like that Doctor Crazy-pocalyse on TV, don't I, hermana? Maybe I'm here to help? Or did I jump the line on tryouts?" she said, waving at the other supers.

Still, despite her words, and her deliberate attempt to look non-threatening, she seemed to shift in place, almost like the flicker of a bad TV signal, or a missing frame of film in a movie.

Shayuri

First Post
Starfox freezes momentarily, then claps its stubby paws together and eeps, "Oh, sorry! I left the mittens on the stove!"

Poof, it's gone!

A moment later a woman appeared out of thin air near the teleporter. A woman wearing a tight black bodysuit and a mask made to look like a fox face from Japanese theater. Behind the woman a pair of white furred tails swished to and fro.

"Can I help you with something?" she asked pleasantly. The mask actually moved its mouth when she talked, showing a row of sharp little teeth inside the 'muzzle.' It was weird.

(Kitsune! Or...an image of Kitsune. The real one is still invisible, a few feet further away. :))

Silver Streak also wears a close-fitting body suit, this one in silver, with a pair of mirrored goggles covering his eyes. He appears to be in good shape, but not a body builder.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
*DING*
The elevator doors open up, revealing a tall young woman, her dark hair pulled back in a pony tail. She wears a simple white button down shirt and a pair of comfortable jeans. Her eyes framed by thick framed glasses, she stops as she goes to leave the elevator and *STARES* at Princess Starlight. The doors close in her face.

When the doors open up again, in her place is a living statue, 8 feet tall. Ducking out of the elevator, she does not seem entranced by the Princess any longer. Looking around she says, "Kitsune, what's going on down here?"

Galatea (1).png

Shayuri

First Post
"NuuuHOOOOObies!" Kitsune proclaims with a laugh, indicating the be-bodysuited teleporter and 'Princess Starlight' with a wave of her hand.

"I assume. They haven't actually said much about why they're here yet. But, given the crazy costumes and stuff, I feel like it's a safe bet."

The fox-mask swiveled to look back at Warp. "You mentioned something about wanting to help?"

Princess Starlight let's out a high-pitched squee. "Oo, it's the Centurions." She said in a fast sing-song. Then she pauses to do her name dance, "I'm Princess Starlight. I have light powers and I'm here to help out tomorrow." She can't resist clutching her arms in front of her and doing a little hop of excitement.

GreenKarl

First Post
The Receptionist seems to relax visibly saying "Sorry about that... everyone is a little on edge right now. I forgot about the Mayor's call for metahuman volunteers."

Eventually the security guards snap out of it and looking a bit embarrassed and almost comically avoiding looking at the Princess again.

The Princess turns to the receptionist. "It's okay," she says in her normal sing-song voice. "We are all concerned about what might happen. That's why I'm here." She gestures to the others. "I'm sure that's why we're all here. Right?" She asks with puppy-dog eyes.

Turning back to Galatea or Kitsune's image, whichever is closer, she continues with a less wide-eyed demeanor, "What can we do to help?"

"-roes are meeting? I'm Silver Streak." He looks around at the others - Kitsune, Galatea, the Princess, the teleporter, and the place in the corner where he can sense a cell phone.

OOC: Sorry for the delay - my post got lost.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"NuuuHOOOOObies!" Kitsune proclaims with a laugh, indicating the be-bodysuited teleporter and 'Princess Starlight' with a wave of her hand.

"I assume. They haven't actually said much about why they're here yet. But, given the crazy costumes and stuff, I feel like it's a safe bet."

The fox-mask swiveled to look back at Warp. "You mentioned something about wanting to help?"

The appearance of the statue-woman from the elevator seemed to draw Warp's attention for a moment- at the sound of Kitsune's question, she turned back to the fox-masked woman suddenly. "Aya! Don't just pop in out of nowhere like that!"

"That"

"Is"

"My"

"Trick"

There was no pop of displaced air, no flash of light- but with each word the grey-clad woman was someplace else in the room. In front of Kitsune (or her image anyway), behind her (and perilously close to her true position, though not looking at 'her'), behind the statue to press the elevator button- she ended up between the Princess and Silver Streak, leaving the newcomers in a rough group.

"I'm here to help- I think we all are. I've been running myself ragged the last few days, helping people out in this storm- from what I saw out there we probably all were. But with that broadcast this morning, I don't think trying to handle this all on our own is going to do any good. If this Doctor really did cause the storm, I don't want to see what he has up his sleeve for round 2. And I really don't want to try to take him on by myself. HE might drop a tornado, or a meteor, or some kind of giant mole machine tank thing..."

She paused, the featureless mask turning towards the Princess, and then towards Silver Streak. "And it looks like I wasn't the only one to think that. I don't really know WHAT I can do to help- it isn't like I've been doing this very long. But the Centurions are the real game in town- I wanted to, I don't know, try out for the team or whatever..."

[sblock= OOC]
>In case it becomes relevant- while the elaborate glove on her left hand looks like an 80's sci-fi movie prop, it does not register as an electronic device.

[/sblock]

Remove ads