Adventurer
2yuxgkm.jpg
]
27yvqxy.jpg

Kimberly Black and The Shadow
Human, Inc.
Friday, February 10, 2017/9:15 AM
Round 0

Kim grinned at Kitsune. “You got it!” she promised. She looked to Princess Starlight. “You want to watch Nicholas Sparks with us?” she offered. “Mmmm...Channing Tatum...drool…” She grinned.

The Shadow looked to Warp as she went off on her little speech. “I don’t know about being jefe, but I have the most experience,” he said. “So if I tell you to get out of town, you’re too new to this and would be a liability in the field, would you listen? Yeah, didn’t think so.” He shook his head.

“Kit is right,” Shadow agreed. “This does smell...off. The unobtainium mines are a good start, though.” He glanced at the speedster and the teleporter. “You could be useful in keeping eyes on various locations,” he mused. “We can’t afford to leave the city center completely abandoned, in case he really is nuts enough to want what he says he wants. But if we can prioritize a list of high-value targets that might be his true purpose, you two could keep an eye on them.”

“I could coordinate from the tower,” Kim offered.

“You’re getting out of town with your grandparents.”

Kim pouted and crossed her arms. “The tower is the safest place in the city!” she protested.

“Out of the city is safer,” Caleb retorted.

“Maybe I’ll go out of town with Auntie Ginny.”

Caleb growled and rubbed his face. “We’ll discuss it later, Kim,” he said.

“What other high-value targets could he be after? Human, Inc? Sigil Group? Cross?”

The Princess seems to have calmed down. At the mention of Human, Inc, Sigil Group and other corporations, she says, in a less sing-song voice, "Well, I doubt the major researchers in the city can evacuate in the swift timeline demanded so Doc Apoc might be looking to steel research and stuff from those companies. Even if they remove all their R&D, research equipment will be left behind. Normal corporations will also have to abandon server installations potentially. An empty city is still a huge bounty of treasure for the winner."

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: IF that is the Doc's goal there are a ton of high threat places scattered all over the City... you have the Fusion Plant that pretty much powers the city, the Mines themselves, dozens of research facilities for all the big major corporations of the city, Iron-Rock, the city's super-prison, etc.

Too track this down would be a combination of Insight, Investigation and Technology skill checks. Aiding each other will give bonuses if you have any ranks in the skill. Advantages like Connected, Contacts, and Well-Informed might help...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2yuxgkm.jpg
]
27yvqxy.jpg

Kimberly Black and The Shadow
Human, Inc.
Friday, February 10, 2017/9:15 AM
Round 0

OOC: Well, Shadow doesn't have any ranks in those, or those advantages. Eventually LOL

“Then we should get to work. Do you think we can count on AEGIS, or are they going to leave, as well?” The Shadow asked. “They could potentially station soldiers to watch vital city resources.” He looked to the others. “We should head up to the war room and do some research.”

OOC: Same lack of skills and advantages other than Insight +5.

The Princess turns back toward Kim, hoping to settle her excitement. "I don't think there'll be time before tomorrow's event to watch Nicholas Sparks with you," she converses with Kim while the adults talk.

She then notices the group moving toward the elevators and the bouncy excitement returns. Though it is supposed to be sotto voce, "We're going up to the war room." She cannot prevent herself from ending it with a high pitched squeal.

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Well you could ask AEGIS, but you might not really know where to look is all without any of the those skills :). What might the plan be? Just need an idea if I want to move on to the next day or not...

Last edited:

OOC: I don't think we really need to worry about Doc Apoc hitting research sites before noon tomorrow. Long term if the city were abandoned he would be able to access them at leisure. That discussion, I thought, was a discussion of motive. What does he want with Centropolis beyond the obvious unobtanium mines? I suspect that the corporations themselves are already ramping up security for whatever goes down at noon tomorrow without our interference. (I also assume they would regard our help as "meddling".)

Of course, while Brandon might share these opinions, I doubt in his current state of mind he can get Princess Starlight to express the thoughts in a manner someone would take seriously.

And we missed out on the "when superheroes meet, they fight one another due to misconceptions on both sides" trope. :)

pathfinderq1

First Post
Warp eyed the elevator warily- she had read somewhere that the Centurions base was shielded somehow, protected from teleportation and the like. If she went in, could she get out?

Behind her mask, then, she smiled. Of course she could get out, if she wanted to. And this was the kind of thing that she hadn't seen when she took the public tour a few months back- this was the behind-the-scenes insider stuff, the real deal.

"We can investigate a little, and we definitely ought to involve AEGIS and anybody else- the city, the army, whoever. No matter what his demonstration is, it will make a mess here- that storm sure did. And no matter how we handle the demonstration- I don't think this guy will just give up, even if we stop whatever he is planning. He'll keep coming, until he gets what he wants, if he can- so we ought to take any help we can get."

"But for now, I would love to see what kind of resources you have got up there. And maybe it will make the mayor and whoever owns this fancy building feel a little better if we say that we are hard at work preparing instead of running around in a panic like everybody else." As she stepped toward the elevator to the 'War Room', she looked around at the established Centurions. "So do you have comm-links or something? I think coordination will be important tomorrow."

[sblock= OOC]
>Warp has the relevant skills, but not at very high levels- I think Kitsune and Galatea are most of our brain trust. Warp can also access Well-informed and some degree of Connected by reaching out to the local spirits- but that is a big long slow off-stage kind of thing; she may do that sometime tonight. I can write something up if needed, or we can hand-wave it as providing nothing useful (other than teaching her "new friends" a better way to use a ouija board).

I'm not exactly convinced we can get a lot of advance information out of such a broad investigation, but maybe AEGIS or Shawe or somebody will throw us a bone. Or we can get right down to business...

>In case: (These are probably to assist Kitsune or Galatea, but I'll roll anyway, if they don't)
-Insight 1d20+7= 17
-Investigation 1d20+4= 22
-Technology 1d20+3= 17
>Rolls: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=152353
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Kitsune hurried onto the elevator and waved everyone else inside before pressing a button.

"Yup, we got all that. It's pretty slick, actually. We're probably supposed to give you background checks and everything before we take you down there, but...eh."

There was a brief sense of acceleration, and a period of time that was just starting to feel like it might be too long, before the doors opened again, letting the newest Centurions, and the old-timers, out into the 'headquarters.' Kitsune strolled out.

"We still don't have a good name for this place," she complains lightly, "I was thinking 'the Kitsune Cave,' but no one else was really on board with that. Centurion Mansion is close to a rhyme, but doesn't really slide off the tongue. We're down to 'Shadow & Friends' Bargain Superhero Bin' by now, I think..."

As she chatted, Kitsune led the way over towards the main computer's interface room...clear plexiglass walls around a series of desks with terminals on them, and a large screen in the facing wall they could use for group presentations. The equipment looked high tech, but not much time had been spent making the room look pretty.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases