Amazing Tales from Centropolis

GreenKarl

First Post
As the heroes piled out of the elevator onto the 31st floor, Kitsune leading them to the large conference room. Warp speaks about the idea that if the Doc was looking for a place with some of the highest technology per capita in the world, Centropolis would certain be at the very top. It is only one of four cities with a dedicated Fusion plant that provides enough power for city at extremely cheap rates. Some of the top military weapons providers have laboratories here (besides Human, Inc. and Cross World Technology, there is also Daedalus Robotics, and Marrs Military Industries) along with the research being done by the Sigil Works Group. These along with the Unobtanium mines in the hands of one evil genius (if he is one) could really spell trouble for the world at large.

For no other reason this Doctor Apocalypse would want control of the area. They would never be able to get all of the technology out of his "new nations zone" in the time allotted (if the government did give in of course).

Otherwise Warp also has some areas that she would like to investigate if allowed access to a network computer...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2yuxgkm.jpg
]
27yvqxy.jpg

Kimberly Black and The Shadow
Human, Inc.
Friday, February 10, 2017/9:16 AM
Round 0

[sblock=OOC]Don’t we have AEGIS agents in the building? Or phone numbers for Red and her partner?[/sblock]

Kim shrugged. “I suppose not,” she said. “I’ll make coffee for you guys, though.” She didn’t appear to even consider leaving the city.

As the others piled into the elevator, Kim paused. “Guess I’ll see you later,” she told them. “Be careful.” She wasn’t allowed access to certain areas of the base, mostly just the living area and the gym.

Caleb sighed. “Call your aunt. See if Virginia will get you out of town.” If it would get her to safety...

Kim grinned. “I’ll see,” she told her dad. “No promises. I want you safe, too.”

In the conference room, Caleb let Kitsune talk for a bit, and then he said, “We know where he will be and when. We should definitely be set up and in place well before.”

The Shadow logged into the computer and nodded to Warp. “See what you can find.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Regeneration: 5/5r
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: There are AEGIS agents in the building and you have the contact information for both Agent Gold and Agent Red.

Warp does some online investigation and reports that there are some online rumors about a group of super-villains who have been quietly recruiting mercenaries in and around Centropolis. This group calls themselves the Destroyers. Very little is known about them as they have mostly worked in Eastern Europe up until recently. There are a number of posts on the Apocalypse Initiative website by the so-called leader of these villains, Herculan. Warp gets a sense that this group is operating somewhere in or around the city for the last month or so, but keeping a low profile. The only other member of the groupd was a former Soviet 'People's Heroes' (their official super team; disbanded over 25 years ago) by the name of Mammoth.

Warp found a couple of images of these villains...
[sblock=Images]Herculan.jpg

Mammoth.jpg
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2yuxgkm.jpg
]
27yvqxy.jpg

Kimberly Black and The Shadow
Human, Inc.
Friday, February 10, 2017/9:16 AM
Round 0

Caleb studied the information Warp found on The Destroyers. “Never heard of them,” he admitted. “But if they have Soviet ties, I might be able to poke around the Medved Koroli for information.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Regeneration: 5/5r
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: I missed that sorry... so Kitsune gets some of the same info as Warp, that there is no way everyone could get all the tech out of the city if the nation gives in to the Doc's demands. The Fusion Facility and The Sigal Works Group research bring the two biggest boon to anyone wanting to score cutting-edge technologies

The Princess walks around the conference room listening to Warp and Kitsune talking about technology probably being Doc Apoc's ultimate goal. Brandon wants to jump up and announce it was his idea first but something stops The Princess from asserting herself in this manner. She knows with her voice and body movements she would at best sound like a petulant child. Instead when their discussion becomes a back and forth about which research groups might have a harder time evacuating, she asks, "If we accept that technology is Doc Apoc's ultimate goal, what does that do to help us prepare for tomorrow's demonstration at noon?

"What we know about the Doctor so far is that he can radically manipulate the weather for an extended period, over a week. And I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but during the weather event, citizens were on edge almost as soon as it started and everyone's anger was a lot closer to the surface so perhaps he has some kind of emotion controlling powers since I doubt a few days of rain would have made people riot under normal circumstances. Additionally, I'll admit that when I was patrolling during the event, I encountered things that only I could see. Hallucinations. Often rather disconcerting images.

"So, if we attribute all of that to the Doctor, he can manipulate weather on a mass scale. Modify emotions on a similar scale. And cause momentary hallucinations that originate with the fears of the subject. If I could do all of that, why would I need MORE technology?

"And more importantly, if I could do all that, and I had already demonstrated my prowess with these things, what would I do for an encore? Why would I warn the city I was setting up an encore, alerting the city's heroes unless I was sure I could defeat them? If I had to guess, tomorrow will be different than, but just as powerful as the weather event. It will last a shorter time and, if we are right about the tech angle, it will in no way damage the city infrastructure."

Brandon is surprised and proud that The Princess got through that without squealing or hopping up and down. He pride drops when he realizes she is holding the hem of her skirt and shifting her weight back and forth causing the skirt to swish back and forth coquettishly. She drops the hem of her skirt suddenly and hopes she is not blushing.

GreenKarl

First Post
The Shadow disappears for about an hour, tracking down some of the known Medved Koroli, to ask them some 'questions'. He finds out that indeed Mammoth is in town, or at least he was within the last month. He was looking to hire any high-tech mercenaries and the Brotherhood connected him with a couple of prospects. No one really know what job they were being hired for but the three that were pointed out have all disappeared and not been heard from since.

One of the people the Shadow questions said that he saw Mammoth in the presence of a very attractive blond woman who, while not wearing any kind of costume, the fellow got the feeling that she was a meta working with the supervillain. He thought he heard Mammoth refer to her as Esper, but he was not 100%.

Last edited:

Zerith

First Post
Felix, was occupied with some finishing touches on the "suit" but it seamed they had a guest over and the others were talking in the conference room, he patched his cell into the room and, once there was a pause decided to weigh in as he walked over, or in this case, stood in front of the elevator.

"We can't ignore the X factors, that is true." came his, regrettably heightened, arguable childlike, voice over the intercom. "We also cannot assume he, she, or it, is not already in place and ready at the spot that Doc has chosen himself." He continued.
"The Doctor might also have exhausted his ability to cause the storm, for all we know is he Needs the infrastructure to sustain the storm in any real capacity in the foreseeable future." Felix's voice thinned a bit, as he recalled how he spent much more time then he would like to admit during the storm, in his workshop, Getting ambushed by Parkour! kicked in the chest, and covered, In BEES! The video of him running into a work bench chest first after shouting out in alarm was both hilarious and humiliating... He sent the whole tower into lock down... Not his finest moment...

Felix shuttered the memory away, "And trust me, miss, you wernt the only one." Felix was getting back his more confident air, a faint ding sounded over the intercom before he resumed "And just because he has an amazing capacity dos not mean it is not vulnerable, it could be a tower sized structure that fails if just one bolt is not torqued perfectly. New tech could let it, assuming it is a device, be micro sized or other wise improved, just because his tech is aw inspiring in one regards dose not mean it is in all respects."
Another ding sounded as Felix took a pause,

"It is for these reasons, and others, I've recommenced that, in the event that we fail, a scorched earth policy be employed in regards to tech and other important infrastructure that can't be removed in time so long as it is safe to do so: I, for one, would rather hand over a husk then an industrial ceEhhh-" the door opened and Felix looked up from his phone as he beheld Princes Starlight, And she was so adorable, that as the Slack jawed kitten kid observed her he blearily failed to hold back a squeal, more of a chirp really, and inadvertently made kitten eyes as his tail raised and poofed out.

The beeping of a call ending sounded over the room's intercom, Felix raised his phone and the tell tail click sounded. Janice said she wanted to try making a girly supper costume...

Remove ads