D&D 5E Best PHB Ranger Guide Ever

I'd change the class advice to this:

1) Go Fighter 5 (either Battle Master or Eldritch Knight), getting yourself up to Extra Attack as quick as possible. Also starting as a Fighter gets you CON save proficiency, which is why it's good.
2) Take 3 Hunter Ranger levels, a.k.a. the only 3 levels of that class that will ever matter.
3) Resume taking Fighter levels.

Last edited:

Vulf

First Post
Start as a Lizard Folk Barbarian.

Make sure your dex is 14, Have a richer party member buy you medium armor.

Then start taking levels of Ranger.

Every morning before you finish a long rest, cast Goodberry with all your spell slots.

Every morning after you finish a long rest, cast Goodberry with all your spell slots.

Rage.

If your hitpoints get low, use a bonus action to bite your bag of Goodberries.

zaratan

First Post

Every morning before you finish a long rest, cast Goodberry with all your spell slots.

Every morning after you finish a long rest, cast Goodberry with all your spell slots.

Rage.

you need an action to eat a goodberry, and you can eat just one per action.

Zardnaar

Legend

Rage.

We have been doing the goodberry end of day dump spellslots thing for a while. Add in a level of life cleric to a Druid doing this.

Vulf

First Post
you need an action to eat a goodberry, and you can eat just one per action.

Lizard Folk can use a special Bite Attack as a bonus action, and it is implied that they are eating what they bite to gain vitality.

Also I was being facetious.

Eating a goodberry, and the Use Magic Item action for potions and some Item properties like the Dagger of Venom are Bonus actions in the campaign one of my DMs runs. I think Critical Roles with Matt Mercer does it the same way.

Remove ads