D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy

"I wish only that you succeed," she said with a smile. She stepped closer to him. "Not all who make the long trip to the Academy make it past the entrance exams. You must pass at least one to stay. I can guarantee your entrance into at least one school."

She stepped past him. "If you are interested, meet me at the tavern tonight, after you have checked in at the Tower. Ask for Melinda. If you are not interested, don't. It is that simple. Perhaps you can pass the entrance exams on your own. Perhaps you don't need help. I'll leave that up to you."

She walked away, disappearing into the crowd.

As the woman approached, Jordy backed away. not letting her get close.

Once she was gone, he set out at a trot for the Tower, dodging between the legs of the bigger folk (everyone), and concentrating on keeping his breathing steady.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zivar looks up to the Dragonborn as he gets himself situated, placing his things between himself and the wall, on the bench of the booth. Trying his best to not be nervous.
"Sir, if you would a small meal for a small man and a glass of ale please. And if you have it a moment of your time and a bit of your advice."

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Dariana enters the town wide-eyed and staring. So many people, of so many races.

She wanders around the marketplace, poking into various shops and carts, looking for something that catches her eye.

tglassy

Adventurer
[sblock=Darian]
The hustle and bustle of people is much different than the quiet serenity of the forest. She passes one stall with a fish salesman who calls out to her, "Just caught this morning! Freshest fish you'll ever have!" As he pulls a foot long fish of some kind out of his bin, and deftly cuts the head off with his hatchet, then fillets the fish in less time than it takes to say "No thank, you."

Ahead, a few children run out into the street, playing some kind of game. They are of a number of races, and a halfling child, easily half the size of the other kids, struggles to keep up. They run by Dariana, some bumping in to her as they go in childish glee. Dariana feels a tug, and looks down to see the halfling child's hand stuck in her belt pouch. He looks up at her wide eyed, his cheeks turning red. The other kids disappear so fast, they may not have ever existed.

A woman in a dark cloak walks by Dariana, a smile on her face as she watches Dariana, to see her reaction to this. [/sblock]

[sblock=Zivar]
The Dragonborn waiter leaves for a moment before bringing Zivar's order and setting it on the table. "What sort of advice do you need?"[/sblock]

[sblock=Jordy]
Jordy approaches the Tower, which lives up to its name. As he gets closer, the tower itself seems to stretch higher. From the trail, it looked to be maybe fifty feet tall. Now, it looks to be twice that, and simple optical illusion doesn't seem to explain the difference.

Upon entering, he finds a mostly empty room, with a desk on the far side and a man seated wearing bright orange robes. He is writing something on a parchment when Jordy enters, and looks up when the door shuts.

"Ah! There you are. I was wondering if you'd show!" The man said, bright cheeriness seeming to flow off of him. "Come come come, sit and we will get this underway. You are here for the Academy, are you not? Halcyon waits for no man, half or not!"[/sblock]

[sblock=Mim]
Mim is jostled, lurched, thrown and crashed. He gets more than one minor bruise as the keg is tumbled around. He never gets the sense that it is left alone, and eventually he is set down on a surface that doesn't seem to stable. It rocks back and forth, rythmically. Water. He is in a boat.

He hears men rowing around him, a number of people talking. Most are simply talking about the Academy, and their excitement or nervousness. Before long, he is picked up again, travels a short ways before being set down on a surface that is a little more sturdy, though he can still feel the telltale rocking of being on a boat, albeit a larger one.

The sound of people fade, and he is finally alone.[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Mim nurse's his aches from being rolled, bumped, bashed and crashed. Holding his head in his hands trying to shake the feeling of movement. Happy he is now alone Mim attempts to make a hole in the timber with his newly obtained dagger so he can better asses his surroundings

Jordy approaches the Tower, which lives up to its name. As he gets closer, the tower itself seems to stretch higher. From the trail, it looked to be maybe fifty feet tall. Now, it looks to be twice that, and simple optical illusion doesn't seem to explain the difference.

Upon entering, he finds a mostly empty room, with a desk on the far side and a man seated wearing bright orange robes. He is writing something on a parchment when Jordy enters, and looks up when the door shuts.

"Ah! There you are. I was wondering if you'd show!" The man said, bright cheeriness seeming to flow off of him. "Come come come, sit and we will get this underway. You are here for the Academy, are you not? Halcyon waits for no man, half or not!"

"Yessir. I have this letter..." Jordy pulls the invitation from his pouch and lays it on the desk before climbing into the chair.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Dariana looks over to the robed woman. "I'm not lost. I know where I need to go and where I came from. I'm just a little flustered by all the... people here. Company would be nice perhaps."

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zivar tilts his head back to look the Dragonborn in the eyes as he speaks.

"This place looks busy so I will try to get right to the points then. I'm here to study at the Academy, while here I would like to stay out of trouble so if you don't mind telling me of areas of the town I should avoid that would be wonderful."

OOC: Do I know if there is a member of the Jewelers guild, or a guild house in the city?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases