D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zivar stands, holding his coin in his hand completely covered and out of sight. He turns to those entering the tower, bows, and introduces himself.

"Good day, I am Zilzivar Kivrippliss Seodoireacht a pleasure to meet you all. I look forward to getting to know you when we have the chance to chat."

He looks back to the human, sitting back in his chair, and waits for the answer to his question.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Llast/The Tower
Late Fall/Morning

“Hello, Magus,” Asherah said, using the formal title for one versed in magic. She gave him a slight bow and smoothed the skirts of her sari. “Yes, we are here for our coins so that we may go to the Academy,” she said. She moved to a seat, her tail curling up behind her.

tglassy

Adventurer
[sblock=The West Wind, below deck]
The passengers follow the ship officer down a flight of stairs to a long hallway. So long, in fact, that it makes one wonder how the hall actually fit on the ship. There are doors to the left and the right all along the hall, and the passengers are told these are the rooms. The shut doors are occupied. The open doors are available. Most of the doors are shut, now, but there remains a number that are still open.

The rooms hold two passengers each. Once the other passengers have chosen their rooms, there remains three rooms that are completely empty, and four that have only one passenger, and so are still open. Of the potential room mates, there is the Goliath from the rowboat, the gnome from the deck, a drow female, and a young dwarf.

OOC: As the first two of the party to board the ship, you have your pick of rooms. You can either take a room together, each take a separate empty room, or have an NPC roommate. We won't be on the ship long, but relationships you make now might have effects down the road.

[/sblock]

[sblock=The Tower]
"Yes, the coins!" the mage said, beaming at being called a "Magus". He laid two more coins on the table. "As I told this gentlegnome here, the Academy isn't here in Llast. It's on an island. Well, it's on a number of islands. Impossible to find unless your captain knows exactly how to get there. Once there, in order to get off the boat, you have this coin. You will not be able to get off the boat without one. If the boat gets there, and you do not have this coin, no force will be able to pull you off that boat. You will be brought back here, and be offered another chance with next year's class, maybe. Do I make myself clear?"

He didn't bother waiting for an answer, though Zivar recognizes that this is almost verbatim, even to the inflection of his words, what the man said to him not a minute before.

"Good! On to other things. No weapons, that was on the invitation, I think. No other magical items. The first thing you will be doing is your entrance exams. Need to know if you're going to be staying, and where you can stay. Don't worry, sixty percent of each incoming class makes it to at least one of the schools. That's better than half a chance! You'll be great."

He turned to the gnome. "To answer your question, there is a ferry from the dock to the ship. It is too large to fit in this tiny cove, so it anchors just outside of it. The ferry leaves every hour, and will continue to do so until morning. You are welcome to enjoy the inn for the night, your room has been paid for the evening, but be warned. The last ferry will head to the boat an hour after sunrise, so if you are not on the boat by then, you will not be on the boat."

He looks up at everyone and smiled. "Does anyone have any further questions?"[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Mim looks around at the rooms eyeing up the occupations before deciding to throw in with the Goliath, having a man that size nearby must be a good thing.

Mim enters the room waves at the Goliath and inclines his head slightly before dropping his pack flopping on the bed. Imitating the sound of a child laughing, before pulling Barnabus out and squeaking away

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Dariana eagerly takes the coin and places it in a pouch. "Which way is the ferry?", she asked, intending to get to this "ship" as soon as possible.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zivar looks at the Elf near him and stands.

"Since it appears we could be classmates would you mind if I walked with you?"

He looks to the "cat lady" "We could talk, it would be nice to know a couple people at the Academy."

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"You may walk where you like, I suppose. As I said, my name is Dariana, Dariana Stoneleaf, and I'm sort of a professional wanderer. A friend I made suggested I could learn much there, so I'm keeping an open mind."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases