D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Dariana confidently climbs into the rowboat, eager to get to the ship. She is taken aback by the size of the ship, it practically is a whole village worth of space. She listens carefully to the captain, then goes down to find a bunk. She seeks her own kind, hoping a wood elf or a goliath wanted some company.

She had hopes for a roommate in a regal looking High elf, but the girl dismissed her, sniffing, and saying, "I am Merrilon Stardreamer, heir to the House, and I will not be sharing my quarters with riffraff such as yourself."

Exploring further, she finds a smaller room, inhabited by a drow female. Not knowing quite bwhat to make of the dark skinned elf, Dariana enters the room, saying "Hello, my name is Dariana Stoneleaf, would you mind if I took the other bunk?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Llast/The Tower
Late Fall/Morning

Asherah put her things in the last empty room, but then turned to Korlin. “Oh, and where are you staying?” she asked the human. “I should have asked if you wanted this one,” she said apologetically. She still looked a little green under her fur, and each time the ship rolled gently she stuck her hand out to dig her claws into the wood of the wall.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Concentration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 6/6
AC: 12
Unarmed: +1 1 B
Claws: +1 1d4 S
[/sblock]

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zivar eventually finds one of the empty rooms, hastily setting his things on his bunk before turning to head out and have a drink with these fascinating new people. He stops abruptly, heads back to the bed and grabs his coin, tucking it into his sock before heading back out of the room.

By the time he gets back up on deck he is winded. He looks around seeing a stranger giving him an odd look. Slightly embarrassed Zivar forces a smile. "It's nice that I can touch the ceiling in some sports down there, but those stairs aren't made for these legs.

tglassy

Adventurer
[sblock=Mim]
Jorrick the Goliath looked quizically at the birdman, then noticed the sound of the Kenku's stomach, "Are you...hungry? I could eat as well, I suppose. Well, I could always eat, but my Papi told me it isn't polite to simply eat everything one can find. Come, perhaps we can find a mess hall!"

He leaves the room, rather oblivious to whether the Kenku follows him or not.[/sblock]

[sblock=Asherah]
Korlin looks slightly taken aback, as he sees the Gnome take the last empty room. "Well, it looks like I am to bunk with someone. There are no empty rooms left." He looks back at Asherah, obviously wanting to ask but not sure if he should. "You're the only one I've actually met, though I suppose I could room with the gnome..."[/sblock]

[sblock=Dariana]
The Drow looks somewhat startled when the wood elf walks into the room. As she jumps, her hand drops a small jar to the floor, where it smashes against the wood. A pleasant smell wafts from the spilt oil, the smell of lilacs and roses, and the Drow brings her hands to her mouth in shock.

"Oh no, that was my last bottle!"

She bends down to try to clean up the mess, looking rather lost and confused. It takes her a moment to realize she never answered the Wood Elf. "Y-yes, you may take the other bunk. I am Mezzra. Mezzra Ben'Harash. I am sorry, I am a bit...I've never been this far..."

It is obvious that this girl, for surely she cannot have even reached her 100th birthday, is well out of her element.[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
From somewhere, or perhaps nowhere, a voice rings through the ship, sounding as if the speaker is standing right next to everyone and no one.

"This is your captain speaking. Don't bother asking how. Everyone is aboard, so we will be setting sail," the voice said. "You are welcome in your cabin and on the deck, and the mess hall during meal time. Other than that, stay out of the crew's way, obey any order given by any of the crew, and otherwise keep out of trouble. The trip takes a day and a half, so because we are leaving early, we should arrive two mornings from now.

"Make sure you have your entrance coin with you at all times. As you have been told, no doubt, without your coin, you will not be able to get off the ship. Yes, it is an enchantment. No, I don't know how it works. No, we do not have replacement coins. If yours gets stolen, it's not my responsibility to get you a new one or find out who did it. i'd sooner run you through and be done with it.

"If you have any questions, ask anyone but me. I don't care enough. That's all."

And like that, the voice was gone.

Korlin looked around, trying to find the source of the voice. He looked back at Asherah, "I suppose I'll just bunk with the gnome," he said, nodding to her and heading for the gnome's room.

Jorrick, also standing in the hall, reached into his pocket and pulled out a small coin, looking at Mim. "Guess we shouldn't lose these, huh? Would be horrible to get all the way to the Academy and not be able to get off the boat!" He turned to find the mess hall.

OOC: I am going to leave this largely up to you. Roll play what you want. I'll post when it's appropriate, but otherwise, I'm going to give a basic time frame of the end of the weekend to make whatever posts you want to make. At that point, the ship will have reached the Academy, and the story will move on. If you want to have each other meet and introduce themselves, to each other or any NPC's, that's great. If no one posts anything at all by the end of the weekend, we'll assume nothing special happened.

This is pretty much the calm before the storm, as it were. Once you reach the Academy...If you reach the Academy...life will take a few drastic turns.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Mims face becomes a mask of terror as thoughts flood through his head coin what coin Mim had no coin, stuck on Boat not good, coins where in the sack he found maybe there was a coin..... At this point Mim's stomach growls again as he finds himself staring at the coin the Goliath is holding. Pulling Barnabus out of his pouch and holding him up to his face Mim begins a series of squeaks apparently having a conversation with a mouse
( What's the plan mi'lord?)
Mim's eyes finally drift from the coin to stare at the mouse as if expecting an answer.

Back in town at the tavern, one of the genasi suddenly stands up, curses and runs like all the devils from hell are behind him. Luckily, he already got his coin when he sprinted up to the dock. Unlucky, the boat already left. Without missing a beat, he dives from the dock, shield, trident and all. At the ship, he catches anchor chain and calls out.
"Ahoy, ship! You missed one candidate!"

After a moment as no one answers, he tries again. Exasperated, he raises his voice further, trained voice easily carrying over the water. Finally, one of the sailors notices him and throws him a rope. He gets up the deck slightly winded from the long swim, dripping on the deck.

"Thank you, mate. That was some swim. I almost didn't make it. Now The Academy will be a cakewalk."
He smiles easily.
"My name is Quentin Khad. Where is my bunk?"

New arrival looks like he knows his way around the ship. His swaying, rolling gate looks very much like the sailors, he never asked for the room or quarters and everything about him speaks about the sea. Even his armor seems made of scales or some silvery creature. It would be impressive if that was silver dragon hide, but it was either very young dragon or these were fish scales.

"Aye, boy, last minute. And that was some swim, especially with that shield. You're lucky you didn't drown. Academy brats are below, find your bunk. But most are already taken." answers the sailor. "I'm Khorhurst. The Captain will speak..."
At that moment captains voice echoes throughout the ship.
"There you go, boy, away with you now."

"Thank you, Khorhurst."

Quentin makes his way down. He finds everything taken except two female passengers, one elf and one some furry feline he never saw before. Intrigued, he thinks quickly:
"I could bunk with the elf, but she would be more wary of a man in the room than predatory creature with different body and beauty standards. Besides, I get to know something about the world!"

He knocks at talaxi door.
"Excuse me, lady, I hate to impose on you, but it seems all other bunks are taken. Would you mind terribly if I join you? It is my fault that I'm late and I will leave you the room except for sleeping time."
Still dripping, he looks down.
"And I'd better dry out some before entering too." another pearly smile.

He frowns down his drenched attire and the water flows up into his hands forming smallish ball levitating slightly above. Looking around for suitable plant then remembering this is sea water, he shrugs and the water flows into his mouth.

"Sorry about that. May I enter?"

OOC: hello everyone! Thank you for taking in late arrival, I will fill the details soon.

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"Well, Mezzra, I've traveled far before but I'm no good at dealing with this many people. Maybe we should stick together, at least on this boat ride. Are you hungry, I hear there is a mess hall on board where we could get something to eat." Dariana looks hopefully at the young drow maiden, hoping maybe two out of place elves could find some common ground.

tglassy

Adventurer
[sblock=Mim]
The rat squeaks a few times, and what Mim translates is "Find a coin, don't get caught."[/sblock]

Mezzra looks up at Dariana gratefully. "Yes, food would be nice," she says as she moves to join Dariana.

Korlin looks back at this new comer, this scale covered Genasi, with something akin to jealous contempt, but he holds his tongue until he hears what Asherah's answer is.

Remove ads