Radiance Monster Hunter (OCC Thread)

GreenKarl

First Post
Hmm that is probably correct. Let me re-read it... and yea DR applies to must everything unless it spells it out. There are also certain ability that let you deal 1 wound point which also ignores DR

I have learned one thing also in this fight... is that I am going to start using the Quick & Dirty rules from the DMG monster write-ups. Basically it gives monsters fewer Vitality Points but ups their damage a bit. This is really the VERY first game I have ever run of this system so I am really surprised how effective even a little DR is against attacks!!! Of course guns deal lots more damage so maybe... who knows.

Forged Fury

First Post
One system comment I read on one another board was that the magic system was a little broken, at least from a damage perspective. The creator advised that the damage values were based around 3.5 spells. Which is fine, but 3.5 didn't have standard armor-as-DR rules. Fortunately, none of us are really playing strictly magic focused classes. The creator advised that magic excelled at the things brutes couldn't do, but it did seem like he hadn't thought through the fact that universal DR was going to have a serious impact on standard 3.5 magic damage.

Just from doing calculations, I think it makes a lot more sense for DR to be applied after any doubling or halving of damage. For instance, if the attack had beat the creature's will defense, it would have done 19 damage if DR was applied at the end, but only 14 damage if DR applied before hand (or, to look at it another way, being vulnerable only meant the attack did 2 more points of damage than the original attack would have done pre-DR).

xynthoros

First Post
Sorry, been super busy the last week and trying to figure out what I can actually do while restrained... it seems more or less like I am royally screwed in this situation unless there is some way for me to break the restrained condition.

Shayuri

First Post
Oh crap, I completely dropped it. Jeez, that's bad. Okay, I'll review the last GM post and figure out what the heck I'm doing. Sorry all!

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, so...for Dodge. It was my impression I got to see the roll before I declared which attack I used it on?

If not...ok. Given that it uses hit points, that seems a bit harsh...but then again, this system does seem pretty harsh in general, so maybe that's as intended. :)

In this case, since Treb is only fighting one critter, thank you for letting me use it.

GreenKarl

First Post
This weekend and today at work have thrown me totally for a loop (had some family come in unexpectedly) so I am way WAY behind at work right now. I will try and update everything tonight after work but I might not have time until tomorrow. Sorry for the late notice... just so distracted by everything else :(

GreenKarl

First Post
Well we seem to have lost both [MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] (although he has not been gone long). Sorry again for my absents... family this last weekend and the work week have been draining me big time.

Should I NPC them and continue?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases