Monster Mash #1!

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
continued from here...

ok! this should be a fun and interesting experiment. :D we'll do this as many times as i feel like it, and as long as you all continue to participate. this is another variation on the whole randomness of the "creatures by poll" thing, only this should be a whole lot faster. ;)

using the list of 100 monsters from the last thread, we're going to randomly generate stats for a new monster, then write up its description. first thing's first, i want you (yes, you!) to determine what will happen. we will randomly give this new monster:

The Size of a …
The Speed of a …
The Natural Armor of a …
The physical Attacks and Damage of a …
The Special Attacks of a …
The Special Qualities of a …
The Strength of a …
The Dexterity of a …
The Constitution of a …
The Intelligence of a …
The Wisdom of a …
The Charisma of a …
The Alignment of a …

what you will do, when you take a turn, is to select 1-3 of the above categories, and give me a number between 1-100 for each of them. you can roll dice, use some other random number generator, or just pick a number out of your head. :)

let's say you want to give the monster the same intellect as an existing monster. you can tell me that the Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma are all 15. or, you could pick the Size and Speed, and roll 27 and 89 for them respectively. after you make your selection, it passes on to the next person, and so on until all of the categories have a number. at least let one other person go before you to be fair.

when all of the categories are assigned a number, i will tell you what the stats amount to be. :D

GO!

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
duh! i forgot one special rule!

if you select special attacks or special qualities, you may select up to three numbers from which we may take properties. also, you can choose to take 1, 2, or 3 properties from each. (if you do not specify, then i'll assume we're taking one property from one monster).

what this means is, you may select the creature to have Special Qualities from monster 19, 47, and 30, and take two qualities from each. if you need an example to understand this, i can provide one. ;)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
right on, guys. :D

so, that leaves...

The physical Attacks and Damage of a …
The Intelligence of a …
The Wisdom of a …
The Charisma of a …
The Alignment of a …

oh, one more thing... when i set this up before i left work, i forgot to send myself a copy of the file with all the monster names and the numbers i had set them up with... so you'll to wait till monday morning to see what the results are. ;) oh well, i will have more time to work with this during the week anyway. ;)

Gez

First Post
The Intelligence of a 36, Wisdom of a 37 and Charisma of a 38
The physical attack of a 1
The alignment of a 100

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
here i am. :D ok, i set it up by alphabetically, so we will have a creature with:

The Size of a … 14 - Chronotyryn (FF)
The Speed of a … 89 - Stegocentipede (CC/ToH)
The Natural Armor of a … 5 - Banshee (MM2)
The physical Attacks and Damage of a … 1 - 1st-level forest gnome druid (as supplied by Gez in the previous thread)
The Special Attacks of a … 2, 13, and 99 - Animal, bat (MM), Cerberus (ToH), and Yellow Musk Creeper (FF)
The Special Qualities of a … 43, 56, and 45 - Fremlin (CC), Hound Archon (MM), and Giant, mountain giant (MM2)
The Strength of a … 42 - Flumph (ToH)
The Dexterity of a … 17 - Crawling Head (FF)
The Constitution of a … 25 - Devil, cornugon (MM)
The Intelligence of a … 36 - Dwarf (MM)
The Wisdom of a … 37 - Elf (MM)
The Charisma of a … 38 - Fey'ri Tiefling (MoF)
The Alignment of a … 100 - Yuan-Ti: Anathema (FF)

and that gives us:

Large
Hit Dice: HD
Initiative: -2 (Dex)
Speed: 40 ft
AC: 10 (-1 size, -2 Dex, +3 deflection)
Attacks: Sickle + melee, or sling + ranged
Damage: Sickle 1d6, sling 1d4
Face/Reach:
Special Attacks: see below
Special Qualities: see below
Saves: Fort +, Ref +, Will +
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 7, Con 17, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha *
Skills:
Feats:

Climate/Terrain:
Organization:
Challenge Rating:
Treasure:
Alignment: Always chaotic evil
Advancement:

for SA and SQ, it will require a bit of discussion as to what we are going to keep, and how we will use what we do keep...

SA:
Bat: None
Cerberus: *
Yellow Musk Creeper: Consume intelligence, musk puff

SQ:
Fremlin: Damage reduction 10/+1, darkvision 60 ft
Hound Archon: Damage reduction 10/+1, SR (16), (celestial qualities), scent, alternate form
Mountain Giant: Darkvision 60 ft, rock catching, scent, summon giants

* - I don’t have the book with me (how embarrassing!), so could someone fill in the blank? :)

so, pretty weird no? with discussion, we can alter anything in there (strength score and natural armor are all i would change - unless you want it to be incorporeal, muahahhaha...).

first thing's first... someone roll a d20 for HD. ;)

Edit: after that, we should discuss the SA & SQ, and then choose a creature type. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases