Future of the current Adventure League

Mathilda

Explorer
Hi,

Not sure if any of the AL admins read this forum board but I thought I would take a chance anyways...

As my local convention winds down right now, I have to ask if the current AL is going to close soon.

I ask because I played 3 tier 4 adventures and I went from level 17 to level 19 in one day. It feels as though they want to euthanasia it and be done with it.

Even though the Author Only adventure was very good, the two parter that preceded it was not and hence the comment above.

RulesJD

First Post
So because you played 3 T4 adventures, you think AL is going to close down.....

I literally don't even see the logic here.

No.

kalani

First Post
Given the fact that most of us haven't even played one Tier 4 yet (since outside of Window to the Past the other two you mention haven't been released for general play yet)....... I think you are being more than a little premature.

Mathilda

Explorer
Three adventure took me from 17 to 19...

Given that rate... two more adventures will take me to 20

So for a total of 5 adventures you can finish the entire Tier 4?

Does not seem much of a capstone to finish a character's career... That is the real point of my post

Motorskills

Explorer
That's more likely an issue with the xp scale in the PHB than anything else.

While you can cash in downtime days to jump from 10th to 11th level in AL, doing it the hard way takes forever, the scaling is completely messed up (look at the maths!).

As to the rest of it.....many people will never play at T4, and never worry about it, those that only ever do hardbacks at home or store games, etc.

That your next leap of logic is to conclude that this means the end of AL is....something special indeed.

ccs

41st lv DM
Three adventure took me from 17 to 19...

Given that rate... two more adventures will take me to 20

So for a total of 5 adventures you can finish the entire Tier 4?

Does not seem much of a capstone to finish a character's career... That is the real point of my post

Then you should say that in the 1st place.

Rather than the end of AL, it sounds more like "here is way more XP than a couple of adventures should give, just so we can max out your character and force you to retire it and start a new one."

RCanine

First Post
IMO we need to stop considering max level as "completing" D&D.

IMO the scaling starts to fall over long before max level — likely before ten. Regardless, the joy of D&D is in the journey, not the destination.

1) DDAL is not closing we are currently working on season 7, and have general plans for the next two or three seasons after that.

2) No one makes you retire at 20th-level.

Remove ads