D&D 4E Warlord Flavor (One favorite of mine)

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I am working on the controller build Warlord and thinkiing about the text for it .

Hector Warlord

Like all warlords you specialize in the inspiration of and manipulation of people, but in your case you specialize in the affects you and your allies can have on the enemy. Essentially your craft is a form of focused and well coordinated acts of bluffing and intimidation. Put humorously it is almost like you cheat at the chess game by moving around your adversaries pieces when they aren't looking. While some of your abilities are just as dependent on allies as other warlords many of them can be employed to make your enemies confidence or caution into tools for your benefit rather than their own in a more focused fashion.

The above being a spontaneous first run at it

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Hector Warlords

Hector Warlords
To an extent it may be true of many warlords but it is doubly so for the Hector Warlord the enemy is their pawn.

The Legendary Hector was very much considered a noble soul who got along well with allies and often enemies as well, this build is offered in memoriam for Wrecan (Mark Monack), a voice of sanity and a noble man from the WOTC forums during the short 4e era of D&D, it was from his notes it was named.

The Hector build Warlord passes up on some of the lime-light and regular inspiring of allies in favor of battlefield control, which goes even beyond that of the Tactical Lord.

Like all warlords you engage in the inspiration of and manipulation of people, but in your case you specialize in the affects you and your allies can have on the enemy. Essentially your craft is a form of focused and well coordinated acts of bluffing and intimidation. It is almost like you cheat at the chess game by moving around your adversaries pieces when they aren't looking. While some of your abilities are just as dependent on allies as other warlords many of them can be employed to make your enemies confidence or caution into tools for your benefit rather than their own and this is your focus.

A bit better perhaps

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
chess.jpg

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
The Hector build Warlord passes up on some of the limelight of regular inspiring of allies in favor of battlefield control, which goes even beyond that of the Tactical Lord. They gain the Gifted Manipulator feature in place of Inspiring Word.

Gifted manipulator grants extra move distance (not as much as the Mage Enchanter) and extra damage when you induce an enemy to harm their ally. (Friendly fire style attacks) - these are not massively on the Warlord list but new ones are in the works.

But some powers like the following seem very very Hectorish and so I am wondering if I over did the benefit or if its too complicated to use... beware I can do that too @Tony Vargas.

Usually the enemy aids you involuntarily but sometimes being ultimately convincing works even better

impressivestrike.png

Last edited:

The Hector build Warlord passes up on some of the limelight of regular inspiring of allies in favor of battlefield control, which goes even beyond that of the Tactical Lord. They gain the Gifted Manipulator feature in place of Inspiring Word.

Gifted manipulator grants extra move distance (not as much as the Mage Enchanter) and extra damage when you induce an enemy to harm their ally. (Friendly fire style attacks) - these are not massively on the Warlord list but new ones are in the works.

But some powers like the following seem very very Hectorish and so I am wondering if I over did the benefit or if its too complicated to use... beware I can do that too @Tony Vargas.

Usually the enemy aids you involuntarily but sometimes being ultimately convincing works even better

View attachment 102207

Interesting, though a very difficult power to gauge. Worthless in some situations, and rather scary in others.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Interesting, though a very difficult power to gauge. Worthless in some situations, and rather scary in others.

There is a power it is based on... (allowing the attack to inspire someone other than the attacks direct target is a new ingredient)

I might want to introduce a Charisma benefit in there... like the manipulator feature allowing you to do CHA mod damage to the secondary target.

Last edited:

Remove ads