Pathfinder 1E Crowns of Ice - A Tale of Blood and Betrayal - Chapter I - The Isle of Heildam

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I was going to have Astrid act after I saw what happened with Thorir and Arvid. Should I go now instead?

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

As chaos ensues, archers begin their own fight. Two arrows break against the rocks as the attacking shooter tries one more time for Astrid. His arrow has a similar fate, locked once more against Thorir’s shield. The attacker simply nods in reprobation, glances around and disappears behind some rocks, possibly to make himself scarce.

The crowd grows furious, and two of the men are restrained. A third one receives the shock from Arvid’s cane, but instead of falling down he spins, trying to stab his unknown aggressor, a hand pressed against the back of his head. Others seem to recognize Arvid's effort - despite not being able to recognize him - by doing the same with clubs, as they try to take a hold of the attacker. Cries of "get him" are followed by an agressive responde from the attacker, which only incites the men further. "How many shall I take?? Come, bleed me, you cowards!" - he screams, still pressing his head with his left hand.

At the other dock, Rolf redoubles his efforts, building an organized column to clear the way. "Push them back! Open a path!" - the wall he organizes begins to bash the crowd less than gently.

[Two under grab, one down and one to go! Arvid may build a second charge if he so chooses. I’ll leave it for you to roll, since we still got two actions to end the round!]

MAP UPDATED

[url]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FcB--LvawOzOiZLEB6KS9F5tICD7TByvTm2UO7LbKdk/edit#gid=0

[/URL]
@Neurotic @Queenie @Fenris @tglassy

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[Two under grab, one down and one to go! Arvid may build a second charge if he so chooses. I’ll leave it for you to roll, since we still got two actions to end the round!][/COLOR]

OOC: That's why I said I will risk it, he attacked immediately after the thug didn't fall by using Close and Personal.

Arvid stumbles in the press around the thug and tries to regain the balance by sharply dropping the cane onto the pier. In the process, he nearly hits the thug again. In the end, they exchange positions, neither worse for wear

[sblock=Actions]
Acrobatics to pass through enemy square; attack; damage; extra damage: 1D20+9 = [9]+9 = 18
1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10
1D6+1 = [3]+1 = 4
2D8 = [3, 4] = 7
- probably a miss
Everyone who ever saw Garmmork in combat can roll perception vs disguise (+10) to recognize that they are one and the same. My hope is that a) there aren't many of those and b) that the press will prevent clear sight
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
[Silly me, hehe! I misinterpreted you, sorry! As for the strike… No, in this case it’s a hit, surprisingly enough!]

The second charge does the trick the first one had failed to complete. A clumsy swing, but enough to bash the ribs of the assailant, causing him to fall down, holding back the pain as he faints.

Arvid looks around looking for clues of the potential uncovering of his secret. Apparently, the general state of chaos helps him stay undetected… for now.

Behind, the Valkyries indulge in a personal fight, closing the docks and forgetting the bigger picture. Men are bleeding already, and the Valkyrie leader already has a cut on her forehead, probably on account of a stone. They press on, though, determined to strike down their offenders.

[Ok, if anyone wants to act before the end of the round, now is the moment! After that, we proceed for the next one! If you guys want to hold, just send a message declaring so! :) I’ll resume normal posting rate from now on!]

[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION] [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION]

Neurotic

OOC: [MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION], this is paused until Queenie recovers, right? Can we continue with Arvids song?

Archon Basileus

First Post
Yup, pretty much! And I'll post as soon as you're available once more! I'm trying to get faster (taking my 'training wheels' off bit by bit, so to speak, as far as writing goes). [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION], do you agree with it? I can also start your single thread if you want!
[MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION], [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION], how are you guys these days? I hope everything gets better! Take your time and remember that we're always hoping for the best here!

Neurotic

I'm fully back. Still on vacation, but home, on my computer. I can post three times a day if you can keep up :)

Remove ads