D&D is launching a VR game soon

flametitan

Explorer
So is this just chess with a fancy dressing? I mean, it's a good thing they're keeping their first VR foray simple, but I still would've liked to see a little more.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Play Dungeon Chess — or any Magic Table game — in Faerûn’s legendary Yawning Portal tavern.

This seems to indicate it will be a VR tabletop simulator set in a tavern.

[-]I wonder what they mean by "Magic Table game", stuff like Three Dragon Ante, Rock Paper Wizard, and the various Mini/Board games they have published? M:tG? or some random assortment of minigames that they have developed exclusively for this app?[/-]

Oh wait, Magic Table is the name of the studios other VR Chess Game, so I guess there will at least be some existing support at the launch.

The best VR DnD game might be a virtual table, props, and chairs, so that you can play tabletop DnD with friends from all over the world, inside the throne room of a sorcerer king, or in the middle of the Demonweb Pits, or on the deck of an airship circling a floating island in the sky.

I'll probably get it, if not too expensive, and see if it makes me feel sick like almost everything else on Gear VR. Still the kids love it!

No thanks. I seriously have no faith in the video game aspect of this company.

Hey I could be 100% wrong but I would have fired the person who suggested this at a board meeting unless "we need a cheap game, maybe VR". Person responds "How about we do chess where we reskin the pieces into cool monsters with some roaring and effects"

What I want is a Skyrim type game based on a D&D world such as ravenloft, Dragonlance etc and include modules as locations .

first introductory adventure-Phandelver
Tomb of horrors late game adventure

I want to see and fight classic D&d only monsters

this will never happen as it wouldn't be cheap and they don't have the people to do this like Bethesda has. However they already have the stories/lore etc

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases