Looking for adventure ideas

Gilladian

Adventurer
For any ed of DND, I'm looking for quick ideas of adventures that could either happen IN a dwarvish city, or which dwarves would hire an outsider group of humans/half elves to do.

Anything that could be torn from a module or would work with a bit of modification is best...

Gilladian

Adventurer
Unfortunately, I'm hoping for something more complete. I need 3-6 hours of material before Sunday, with no day off in between.

3ArmSally

First Post
For any ed of DND, I'm looking for quick ideas of adventures that could either happen IN a dwarvish city, or which dwarves would hire an outsider group of humans/half elves to do.

They would probably need help reaching things on top shelves.

And now for an answer that doesn't sound antagonistic ;). If you're shooting for something lighter perhaps the dwarves could be:
  • seeking advisors/testers/models/guinea pigs for new products (booze/armaments/mushroom drugs) designed for races outside their stronghold
  • caught up in a wave of xenophobia or cultural appropriation and the PCs get caught up in it when a prominent figure manipulates them into making things better/worse
  • bickering with gnomes over mineral rights the PCs help as neutral mediators

For the DARK FANTASY that seems to be all the rage these days the dwarves could be:
  • attacked by a manufactured disease that only affects them, they summon the aid of heroes to plunge into the Underdark and stop the fiends responsible
  • having discovered an ancient artifact in their tunnels that consumes lives and grants power they wish to lure the PCs in a hapless victims
  • wishing to eliminate a political rival they hire the PCs to wreak some havoc while making it look like just a bunch of crazed adventurers charging through (not a big stretch for some PC groups)

Remove ads