D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

TallIan

Explorer
Fistan, Wizard 4

Fistan is like a wide eyed child inside the cloud castle. When Zephyros' vision ends, he stands in thought for a second before wondering aloud, "If only I could see his library." It's not until the others recover and start speaking that Fistan is dragged back to reality.

To Dren he says, "It's not winning he's worried about. Losing would be far worse for all giants. Giving the races of man, elf and dwarf a common enemy could never end well for that enemy. I can see why he would want this resolved without bringing significant political powers into the mix. If this revolution could be stopped before kings and empires are even aware it has started it would be better for all involved, but especially giant kind. If Zephyros gains from this it would merely be a cherry on a much bigger cake for him."

He wonders briefly about the howling wolf, but draws a blank on its meaning, "Whats the significance of the howling wolf?" he asks Zephyros

EDIT: cross posted with seriousmoonlight

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 12
AC: 12 (15 with mage armour, 17/20 with shield)
Initiative: +2
HP: 26/26 (HD: 4/4d6)
Arcane Ward: 12/12 THP currently not active

Offense
Spell attack: +6 to hit Spell DC: 16
Quarterstaff: +1 1d6-1B

Luck: 3/3

Spells
CANTRIPS (4): FireBolt, Light, Minor Illusion, mage hand
LEVEL 1: (4/4): *Mage Armour, *Shield, *Fog Cloud (C) *Thunderwave, Sleep, Unseen Servant (R), Alarm (R), Find Familiar (R)
LEVEL 2: (3/3) *Flaming Sphere (C), *Misty Step, *Levitate (C), *Web(C)[/SBLOCK]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Response to Ordrar: Zpehyros looks shocked and shakes his head at Ordrar’s accusation. “My standing in the caste has nothing to do with this. I am opposed to the destruction of any life,” he explains. “I begged my master not to attack Nightstone and he ordered my execution! I escaped by the skin of my teeth and am here trying to help you all now.”

The old wizard sighs. “I’m afraid many cloud giants lust over artifacts and magic. My former master heard the tales of the mysterious rock in your town square and decided it would be a valuable weapon in the coming wars.”

Zephyros clutches his staff. “I have unable to contact them or anyone in the royal court. I fear the worst.“

He steps towards the party. “I saw the bravery you all showed on the bridge. Please, you must warn the people of your world. Let them know of what is coming and of that not all my kind are their enemies. Most importantly, you must find The Storm King! My magic allows me to explore many worlds, but I will never be accepted in yours.”

Transport: Zephyros will offer to let the party ride on his cloud to Goldenfields. They are also free to continue by wagon if they prefer.

Somewhat mollified, the dwarven warrior is still hurt by the loss of many in Nightstone. He sighs.
"You understand that we lost many in the last night attack and the opportunistic cost due to orcs and goblins picking on the remains will make matters worse. Not one of us has any real political power. But I can promise you that Nightstone leaders will hear of you. Don't expect warm welcome, but you may be tolerated enough for parley.

As an introduction, announcement of sorts, make the banner with hammer inside the shield with lower half of the shield blue and upper black or gray. This is my personal emblem, but it incorporates enough elements of the Deeplake clan to grant you talk instead of attack. I cannot guarantee anything, but it is better than nothing.

I will talk with leaders I meet wherever I go."

Ordrar draws quick design on the floor.
[sblock=Image]
OOC: Imagine the circle has spiral pattern inside :)

shield.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tranio speaks aloud after the Giant speaks to Aremus. He speaks loudly, uncertain of how the creature would hear his usually soft voice. "You want the dis-ordning known? That could cause panic, disorder. We can tell village leaders, city counsellors, if you like. I do not see it ending well when that news is known."

"Nevertheless, I am willing to be taken by cloud to Goldenfields," he says. He has made no further commitment to Spuds, and welcomes a more pillowy ride.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
On the offer of a ride to Goldenfields, Aremus says, "Yes, that would be very kind, but we ought to put down in a clearing west of town, so as not to put fear into the populace. Actually, before we put down, I would like to circle the outskirts of the city in search of threats. It is not often one gets the opportunity for aerial reconnaissance."

Neurotic

"I'm not!" Ordrar opposes "While it certainly will be faster, by going on foot, we may encounter some orcs that are still a threat to Nightstone. Giving them an obvious target will give them something to do. And we may thin the herd some more before we leave the area."
He looks around
"But I will go as you all decide. We should tell Spuds he's on his own."
OOC: this last part assumes he went with us. There was talk if he would go off-road, but it was never explicitly stated. We don't need him, so I'd say it was better to let him go on his way. Risky as it is without us, it is his choice.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ch2b76.jpg

Ardeep Forest
Morning
Round 0

Dren crossed his arms as Zephyros spoke. “Giants fightin’ giants sounds like a guid thing,” he commented. “Mebbe they’ll wipe each other oot.” The monk sighed. “But there’s likely t’ be lots o’ innocent smallfolk caught in the crossfire.”

Dren glanced at Fistan. “We shuild at least let the powers know wot’s gaein’ on,” he said, “sae they c’n be prepared.”

To Ordrar, he asked, “Wot’s this stone the giants wanted sae badly? An’ gettin’ t’ Goldenfields by cloud means we be done wi’ our two missions faster an’ c’n be back t’ Nightstone quicker,” he pointed out to the other dwarf.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 33/33 HD: 4/4d8
Ki: 4/4/R
Darts 10
Arrows: 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: this last part assumes he went with us. There was talk if he would go off-road, but it was never explicitly stated. We don't need him, so I'd say it was better to let him go on his way. Risky as it is without us, it is his choice.
OOC: I would say it is almost certainly riskier with us. :D

Neurotic

To Ordrar, he asked, “Wot’s this stone the giants wanted sae badly? An’ gettin’ t’ Goldenfields by cloud means we be done wi’ our two missions faster an’ c’n be back t’ Nightstone quicker,” he pointed out to the other dwarf.

"I don't know why it would be so important. It is a big stone that stood in the center of the town. I know it was special and unlike any stone I've seen before. Here's what I know of its history."

[roll0]

OOC: [MENTION=6873732]seriousmoonlight[/MENTION], help?

Fistan: The question surprises Zephyros. “A howling wolf is often considered an omen of evil or death. Did you experience one in the vision?”

Ordrar: Zephyros is thankful for the coat of arms you provide as a recommendation. Legend had it that The Nightstone has magical properties that made it impossible for a dragon to approach. This theory had, thankfully, never been put to test, but villagers continue to pass the story on.

Aremus: The giant wizard agrees that not getting to close to town would be the best bet and is willing to assist in some aerial reconnaissance.

Spuds: By the time any of you think of him, the cowardly potatoes farmer is just a spec in the distance. He was kind enough to remove your personal belongings and Darthag’s remains before taking off.

Tactics:After taking your council, the giant wizard agrees that it may be best to keep the full story hidden from all but the wisest and most compassionate of smallfolk leaders. He still recommends asking any prominent people for information regarding The Storm King.

Tower: Zephyros’ hexagonal tower is several hundred feet tall. It contains no doors and uses a deep blue curtain to block the entrance instead. The first floor contains a wooden chair and table sized for a cloud giant. There are no stairs in the tower, but the ceiling of each floor contains a large hole that the wizard flies through. Dangling from the ceiling by iron chains are six crystal spheres with continual spells cast on them. The illuminated spheres keep the room brightly lit. The cloud giant has no bedding suited for smallfolk, but you are welcome to camp out on the first floor.

Travel: It will take three days to reach Goldenfields. You may spend the time as you see fit. Zephyros warns you all that it will appear his is in a coma at times, but he is actually astral projecting to other worlds and dimensions, hoping to find out what happened to the royal family.

Remove ads