D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

Fistan: The roof of the building and the giant river dam are both made of wood. Your torch (or magic) could get a fire started on either.

Escape: We can presume the group made it back down the ladder and are now dashing away, as long as no one stops to do anything else. You would all hear the thunderous footsteps of giants above your heads. The steps would be going towards the ladder you all just scurried down. If someone wants to stop ( light a fire, battle, hide behind the pigs) let me know and I will make a graphic of the exact locations of everyone.

Halfling: "How do you think I am," barks the irritated halfling / former meal. "You best all be planning to rescue my sheep!"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Ignoring the rude halfling, Aremus said, "Let's see if the first giant down the ladder is the giantess's husband, shall we?"

He stopped to look up the ladder (while moving away from possible falling giants) and he added, "Oh, don't kill him please, though it may be best if we knock him out."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tranio is interested in Aremus's concern here. Is he trying to get as close to the giants without being caught? In any case, he guides anyone who wants to towards the exit, and maintains a safe 50' distance to the point of descent.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ordrar doesn't wait for the giants, but he does remain close enough to support Aremus if needed (so remains 40' away, 10' behind the rest of the party)

Fistan: The fire quickly begins to spread across the large dam.

Aremus: It just so happens the first giant down the ladder is the smelly husband. He turns the wrong way when reaching the bottom and hasn't spotted you yet.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: I think the ladder is rigged to collapse?

Aremus whispered to those closest to him, "That's the one. Do you think we could carry him if we beat the odorous fellow unconscious? I'll try to give him the chance to come peaceably first."

Then he stepped forward with his shield in front of him and his sword out and said to the Giant, "Your wife has asked me to retrieve you. Uh, that means 'bring you to her'. Come with us if you want to live."

He was very proud of that last line.

He was also ready to fight if he had to.

OOC: Persuasion? [roll0] Roller don't fail me now!

OOC: Sorry, I missed that!

Ladder: The ladder collapsed and the smelly giant face plants into the mud.

Persuasion: The odorous fellow lifts his large head, still covered in mud, and listens to Aremus. "W-w-wife," he responds fearfully. The giant would scramble to his feet and waddle towards the group with a smile. The rude halfling would flail in fear and insult the group for not killing it.

Remove ads