D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nightstone/Temple
Evening
Round 1

Dren followed the others as they found the passage that led to the bell tower. But it wasn’t scared civilians ringing the bell, apparently, as two goblins dropped down, threatening them with their scimitars.

Dren rushed forward, pulling out his hand axe. He swept it at the first goblin while sending a powerful kick at the second.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Engage goblins
Action: Attack Goblin 1
Handaxe attack: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24
Crit!
Handaxe crit damage: 2D6+2 = [2, 3]+2 = 7
Bonus Action: Martial Arts attack Goblin 2
Unarmed strike attack: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22
Unarmed strike damage: 1D4+2 = [2]+2 = 4
Reaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 14
HP: 11/11 HD: 1/1d8
Ki: 0/0
[/sblock]

Bethany: The bell would not yet stop ringing, but the speed of the chimes noticeably decreases.

OOC: Let me know if you'd still like to move.

Dren: The two hit combo you planned ends up not being needed. The first swing of the ax cleanly cuts off the goblin's head.

Carolina & Fistan The fireball fills the hall with a magical glow. The terrified goblin rolls out of the way of it, never noticing the small halfling flanking him. Her arrow lands right between the eyes and the creature drops dead.

Eldrath: Watches the battle before him and takes no action.

OOC: Sorry, tried to wait a few days.

Tranio: Despite the darkness, you make out some activity in the town square. A cow carcus is being dragged by the leg to behind one of the boulders. The creature dragging the kill remains concealed by the shadows and boulder. You are roughly 100 feet away from this.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nightstone/Temple
Evening
Round 1

“Well, tha’ went well,” Dren said, cleaning off his axe blade on one of the dead goblins. “Bettin’ there’s more o’ the buggers upstairs.” He could still hear the bell ringing. Glancing to the others, Dren headed up the bell tower stairs warily.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 14
HP: 11/11 HD: 1/1d8
Ki: 0/0
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"I can see nothing of value from here," says Tranio, frustrated at himself. He works his way down the rope ladder, and moves towards the village square, hoping for better sight lines. As he approaches it, he hops the hedgerow and makes his way into the field on his right (4b), to give him some cover.

Eldrath & Fistan:
You watch your allies climb the stairs. On the floor are two burlap sacks, no doubt belonging to the slayed goblins. One sack contains three blocks of incense, a silver holy symbol shaped like a unicorn's head, and some stolen (and worthless) personal effects. The other sack holds three empty vials used to contain holy water and an unlocked wooden "poor box" containing 37 cp and 15 sp.

Carolina & Dren:
You reach the top of the steeple and find no other rooms or goblins. The bell ringing, from previous momentum, will end soon. If either of you look out the window, you see two of your allies in the following danger.

Bethany & Tranio:
You head towards your respected destination, when a fearsome snarl is heard. From behind one of the rocks, a hideous worg springs out. It charges the swordswoman, drool dripping everywhere. A second worg peers out from behind a different boulder, waiting for the opportunity to pounce.

Initiative:
Carolina: http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=156386http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=156386_: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21

Bethany 1D20 = [20] = 20
Tranio : 1D20+2 = [7]+2 = 9
Worg A
Worg B

1 square = 10 feet
Round-1.jpg

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=6873732]seriousmoonlight[/MENTION], are either of the worgs within bowshot range from the window? If so, count me into the initiative order, please, and I'll provide fire from the high ground.

OOC: [MENTION=6873732]seriousmoonlight[/MENTION], are either of the worgs within bowshot range from the window? If so, count me into the initiative order, please, and I'll provide fire from the high ground.

OOC: The tiny box on 5 is the steeple. The squares are 10 feet, so should be in range. I'm imagining four windows, so the issues is line of sight. She could climb down on to the main roof (say 10 feet down) and then move across the roof to a spot where she could hit the Worgs. I'll add you to the initiative now.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases