Just saw Logan (spoilers)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
And man, that movie is *dark*. I wasn't expecting puppies and rainbows, but even so. Gritty as hell.

The little girl was excellent. No hint of annoying kid actor there. Not that she said much until the final quarter of the film.

I kinda expected Xavier to die, but not that soon. I didn't expect Wolverine to die.

So those kids? Are they all going to be a new X Men franchise with the girl as the new Wolverine?

Joker

First Post
I saw it today. Absolutely fantastic. I enjoyed every bit of it. We are finally seeing a comic book movie with a good script.

Well done, Logan team.

ccs

41st lv DM
Excellent movie.
Actually I think it's better than the comic (Old Man Logan) that inspired it....

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I haven't read the comic. Xavier got dementia and accidentally killed the X-Men. No mention of the Avengers franchise/characters.

tomBitonti

Adventurer
I saw it last night. I haven't assembled my thoughts well enough to express myself coherently to present an overall opinion on the movie.

I did wonder about the movie background. I didn't catch an explanation for why no mutants in the last 25 years. Also, it seemed that Xavier had an incedent that killed a lot of people, not necessarily mutants. If that is what the comics say then no quibbles, except the event was a year ago in the movie, which makes an odd fit in the longer timeline.

What happens at the farmhouse is deplorable, and maybe partially attributable to Xavier and Logan. Still thinking about that.

More after I've had more time to think.

Thx!
TomB

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I didn't catch an explanation for why no mutants in the last 25 years.

The bad guy explained that at the end in his conversation with Logan, right before Logan shot him in the face. He's been head of a program to genetically wipe out the mutant gene from the population.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases