Flint/Populist Prestige

Elfshire

First Post
My group just finished Chapter 7, and after updating their Prestige level with various groups, I noticed their Flint (or Populist) Prestige was looking pretty low. After a cursory glance through the Act 1, 2, and 3 pdfs (4e), mainly at the 'Rewards' section at the beginning of each Chapter, where Prestige increases are usually noted, I found that there actually aren't many opportunities to increase that particular group's Prestige.

• It increases once during Chapter 2, after you save Flint from arson and/or a witchoil flood.
  • Another +1 can potentially be gained during Chapter 3, if you help out the working class of the city.
  • If you save the city from the bomb and/or Borne in Chapter 5, you can increase it again.
Aaaand that's it. So even with a Docker in the party, the maximum you can get is 5 over the course of the campaign--at least, as printed. My party has no Dockers, and didn't gain the optional +1 in Chapter 3, so I feel like I should at least give them the chance at maxing by adding three more opportunities:

• One near-obligatory point to make it possible for a group of PCs to get to Prestige 6 at ​all.
  • One to make up for a lack of a Docker in the party.
  • One optional point if they missed the opportunity in Chapter 3. If they miss this one too, they deserve to end the campaign with Prestige 5 or less.
I'm thinking of having their Flint/Populist Prestige go up during Chapter 9, after bringing down Flint's corrupt mayor. Any ideas where I should put the other 2 opportunities? Preferably starting in Chapter 8 or later, of course, since putting them earlier won't help my particular campaign at this point.

In 8, they can use the Arc of Reida to relive the defeat of the Witches of Cauldron Hill. Let that supernaturally make the townsfolk know them better, if they win.

And yeah, in 9, they ought to get more prestige if they actually involve the city, and not just go alone.

They can, worst case, get one more in 13 by saving the city.

Remove ads