D&D 5E 5e Warlord Demand Poll

How much demand is there for a dedicated warlord class??

• I am a player/DM of 5e and would like a dedicated warlord class

Votes: 61 26.3%
  • I am a player/DM of 4e and would like a dedicated warlord class

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • I am a player/DM of 5e and am satisfied with WotC's current offerings for a warlord-esque class

Votes: 67 28.9%
  • I am a player/DM of 5e and am satisfied with the current 3rd party offerings for a warlord class

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • I am a player/DM of 5e and I don't care whether WotC designs a warlord class for 5e

Votes: 94 40.5%
  • I am a player/DM of 4e and I don't care whether WotC designs a warlord class for 5e

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imaro

Legend
This poll is to get a rough gauge of the demand around a 5e warlord. I'm curious to know just how in demand this particular class is for players and DM's of 5e, as well as for players and DM's of 4e. For the purposes of this poll if you are a player/DM of 4e and if you have chosen not to play or run 5e whatsoever please identify as a 4e player/DM. If you play/run both please mark yourself as a player/DM of 5e with your corresponding opinion. This poll will be public and I will only be tallying up votes with an actual name next to them and posting the totals in the thread...

I'm also curious for those that favor 4e whether a dedicated warlord class would cause you to switch over to 5e as your primary (or even a secondary) game, please post below in the thread with your answer if you are inclined to. Thanks.

EDIT: D'oh... meant to make the users visible. My bad.

Last edited:

ccs

41st lv DM
Why is #2 an option?
4e players have a dedicated Warlord class by default.

Anyways, my interest in a 5e Warlord class = 0

Sacrosanct

Legend
There must be some sort of demand, as there are 4 Warlord threads all in the top 10 at this moment. For me? Between battlemaster and feats, I'm good with how it is now.

Imaro

Legend
Why is #2 an option?
4e players have a dedicated Warlord class by default.

Anyways, my interest in a 5e Warlord class = 0

Well yeah but I'm curious if 4e players would actually convert to 5e given a warlord class or are they just adding to the noise in the 5e threads... and yes I have seen posters who don't play 5e but play 4e in the 5e warlord threads...

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
Yeah the 4e stuff is kind of confusing. And what is the difference between being satisfied with what they have, and not caring?

Imaro

Legend
Yeah the 4e stuff is kind of confusing. And what is the difference between being satisfied with what they have, and not caring?

Being satisfied means you think it's an adequate replacement for a warlord archetype character... not caring means you don't care if it is or isn't... having a warlord is not something that concerns you.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
lol I hope you dont intend to cite this as evidence of literally anything other than what enworld users who see this thread and bother to respond think about the issue.

Salamandyr

Adventurer
I am missing the "I am a player/DM of 5e and actively do not want WOTC to create a warlord class".

No more dissection of the warrior archetype into smaller and smaller chunks. Warlord is something characters can do at high level. As such it should be handled outside the class structure--get a castle? get an army. Run around conquering things and warlord-ing it up.

EDIT: voted "don't care" but that is a lie. I do care. I actively don't want a warlord class.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
I am missing the "I am a player/DM of 5e and actively do not want WOTC to create a warlord class".

No more dissection of the warrior archetype into smaller and smaller chunks. Warlord is something characters can do at high level. As such it should be handled outside the class structure--get a castle? get an army. Run around conquering things and warlord-ing it up.

That's not what the Warlord of old does though, mechanically.

Salamandyr

Adventurer
That's not what the Warlord of old does though, mechanically.

That is, however, the justification for why the Warlord has the mechanics he does. The Warlord is either a tactician, or a leader of men. That flavor isn't something I think should be class specific, but a general assumed trait of player characters, and epecially player character warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads