Explorer
Provisional Character Sheet

Hunter Brightwood

[sblock=Basic Information]
Race: Human

Class: Bard

Background: Guild Artisan, Brewer and distiller

Alignment: Neutral Good

Appearance: Hunter, standing at 6’4” and weighting 168 lbs, is a tall and slender man with angular features. Hunter wears a black tunic and dark leather armor that is usually covered by with dark green traveling cloak. Hunter’s face is one of a much younger man with bright green eyes a wide smile and short light brown hair.[/sblock]

[sblock=Character Personality]

Personality: Hunter always tries to find the good in any situation. Affable, magnanimous and never lacking for confidence, Hunter is a man of his word who values his friends and takes pride in helping those less fortunate.

Personality Traits: I always want to know how things work and what makes people tick. I’m full of witty aphorisms and have a proverb for every occasion.

Ideals: I’m committed to the people I care about, not to ideals.

Bond: I owe my guild a great debt for forging me into the person I am today.

Flaw: I’m convinced of the significance of my destiny and blind to my shortcomings and the risk of failure.[/sblock]

[sblock=History]
Born on a humble farmer near a small Hamlet, named Parian, near the border of Thule and the Middle Lands, Hunter learned to defend himself and his farm from Thulian invaders. While Hunter enjoyed life on the farm he loved to brew and distill and longed to move to the city-state of Gao to pursue a life in the brewery Guild.

When Hunter wasn’t farming or distilling, he was reading. The running joke in Parian was that Hunter had read every book in the hamlet at least ten times over. Hunter’s favorite reading materials were the history of Tellurian and any book on adventure. After the death of his farther do to an illness, Hunter sold the farm and moved to the nearby city-state of Gao, where he worked in several smaller taverns until he was accepted into the Brewery Guild.

Hunter worked hard at his craft become an accomplished brewer, but it was in distilling that he made his true mark. While he was unmatched in his own eyes, Hunter had become to be recognized as the best distiller in Gao, and one of the best in the guild. After a decade of hard work Hunter decided it was time to see more of the world.

After speaking with many of the members of his guild and the locals at his favorite taverns in town, Hunter decided that the Dwimmermount would be a place of high adventure. Securing some traveling money from his local Guild, Hunter set off hoping to find a group and a sponsor on the way.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Str: 9 (-1)/(-1)
Dex 16 +3/+5
Con 14 +2/+2
Int 14 +2/+2
Wisdom 10 0/0
Charisma 16 +3/+5

AC 14 (leather armor)
Initiative +3
SPD 30
HP 20
HD 2d8

Skills: Skills: Athletics (-1), Acrobatics +3, Sleight of Hand +3, *Stealth +5, Arcana +2, *History +4, *Investigation +4, Nature +2, Religion +2, Animal Handling 0, *Insight +2, Medicine 0,* Perception +2, Survival 0, Deception +3, Intimidation +3, Performance +3, *Persuasion +5 [/sblock]
[sblock=Languages, Features and Epuipment]
Languages: Common, Elvish, Orc

Equipment: Rapier, Entertainer’s Pack, pan flute, leather armor, dagger, letter of introduction from guild, a set of traveler’s clothes and belt pouch containing 115 GP
Features
Guild Membership
Bardic Jack of All Trades
Song of Rest[/sblock]

[sblock=Spells]
Cantrips: Vicious Mockery, Mage Hand
1st Level spells: Dissonant Whispers, Faerie Fire, Healing Word, Silent Image, Tasha’s Hideous Laughter [/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
Got a couple of questions.

1. Would it be ok if I make a cleric of Pelor?

2. Would a religious order (regardless of deity) be an acceptable sponsor? I assume many of them would have an interest in Dwimmermount and what's happening there.

Sure and yes, both sound good too me. But you will need to at least build the basics of this order :D

TallIan

Explorer
Magen Brigward
Fighter 2

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 11
AC: 19
Initiative: +0
HP: 24/24 (HD: 2/2d10)

Offense:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
Longbow: +2 150/600 1d8P

Second Wind: 1/1
Action Surge: 1/1
[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Background]The Brigwards are second cousins to Lord Callaway, who holds a city state on the border with Thule. Barbarian raids are a constant drain on their resources, especially for the Brigwards who’s small holdings guard a bridge across the river denoting the border of the Calaways lands.

Sir Allon Brigward, Magen’s father, has long been out of favour with Lord Calaway because of his constant demand for aid in fending off the raids.

As the third son Magen faced a life of military servitude, not likely to gain an inheritance. Then, with rumours of the Dwimmermount opening up again, Magen saw his chance to both gain favour with Lord Calaway and give himself something better than a captaincy in his brother’s forces. Magen approached Lord Calaway with a proposal, sponsorship for a charter allowing access into the Dwimermount for a share of possible profits.

Lord Calaway, being miserly with his fortune, was initially reluctant, but after some persuading saw this as an opportunity to both make money and be rid of the constant demands of the Brigwards.

On his travels south Magen came across another would be adventurer, Hunter Brightwood, also intent on making his own mark on the world through the Dwimmermount.[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Features]
LG
Human (Variant)
Increase two ability scores by one (STR, CON)
Gain 1 feat: Shield Master
Gain 1 skill: Athletics
Languages: Common, elfish, dwarven (Noble)

Fighter, 1,2
HD: d10 (Max HP at level 1 and 2)
Armour Proficiencies: All Armour, Shields
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple, Martial
Saves: STR, CON
Skills: Animal Handling, Intimidation
fighting style: Defense
Second Wind
Action Surge

Noble (Variant)
Skills: History, Persuation
Tools: Gaming Set
Language
Feature: Retainers (Variant) Squire, Page and Armourer

FEATS: Shield Master: Make a shove attack as a bonus action; Add shields AC to DEX saves that target only you; Use reaction to reduce save for half damage to 0 damage.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Abilities and saves]
ABILITIES (mod/save)
STR*: 16 (+3/+5)
DEX*:10 (0/0(+2))

CON:14(+2/+4)
INT:10(0/0)
WIS: 13(+1/+1)
CHA: 12(+1/+1)

AC: AC: 19 (16 Chain, +2 Shield, +1 Defensive Style)
Initiative: +0
HP: 24/24 (HD: 2/2d10) – (Max HP at level 1 and 2)
Proficiency bonus: +2

OFFENCE:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
Longbow: +2 150/600 1d8P

SKILLS:
*Athletics: +5

Acrobatics: 0
Sleight of Hand: 0
Stealth: 0

Arcana: +0
*History: +2
Investigation: +0
Nature: +0
Religion: +0

*Animal Handling: +3
Insight: +1
Medicine: +1
Perception: +1
Survival: +1

Deception: +1
*Intimidation: +3
Performance: +1
*Persuasion: +3

Passive Perception: 11[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Equipment]
Chain Mail
Shield
Longsword
Light Xbow
Bolts (20)
Dungeoneers Pack
Fine Clothes
Signet Ring
Scroll of Pedigree
Purse

PP GP EP SP CP
0 125 0 0 0

[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=description]
DESCRIPTION

TRAITS
Personality: Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all bleed the same in the battle lines.
Ideal: Respect. Respect is due to me because of my position, but all people regardless of station deserve to be treated with dignity.
Bond: I will face any challenge to win the approval of my family.
Flaw: Violence is my answer to almost any challenge.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
Hmm I am still not 100% on the Lore Masters ability to change the save times. For now ok but I am going to reserve the right to do something later. Not sure what but I am willing to give it a shot and see how it works out.

Otherwise he looks good.

Last edited:

xynthoros

First Post
I've thought about how to reign it in a bit if necessary, but I'm not sure it will be as powerful as it seems in play, especially when stacked up against portents. If it winds up needing it, here are a few suggestions:

1. Reduce to 1/ long rest
2. Restrict physical to physical and mental to mental
3. Make it random as to which ability it affects when used

GreenKarl

First Post
Those are all good ideas... but as I said I am willing to give it a shot as is. Of your options three number #2 would probably be one of the better ones... we will see :)

GreenKarl

First Post
Sorry to hear that and no problem...

So if my count is correct those still on are...

TallIan - Human Fighter
SunGold - ?? Cleric
Charwoman Gene - ?? Rogue
Thateous - ?? Warlock
eayres33 - Human Bard
xynthoros - Human Wizard

Hmm I must have miscounted somewhere as we still have 6 players :)

eayres33

Explorer
[MENTION=6853819]TallIan[/MENTION] , no worries on jumping on my story, we all have to have formed as a group by the start anyway. In a similar vein, I was thinking Hunter and Magen would be trying to find Mikel. In his guild or tavern days Hunter could have heard of the bookworm wizard and would be searching him out for knowledge on the Dwimmermount or something like that.

The idea of SunGold’s religious order being our groups sponsor makes some since to me. The Guild Hunter belongs too could afford to be a sponsor but I can’t think of a real good reason they would spend the cash. A religious order though would seem to have plenty of reasons to want to look into the unknown.

I’m sorry to hear that Disposable Hero had to bow out, but I’m getting pretty pumped about this game.

SunGold

First Post
Still in. Have settled on human (base) Light domain cleric. Writing up her backstory right now. I'm going to PM it to you before posting because I chose the Hermit background and we need to decide what the Discovery feature might entail.

And RE: the Light domain, it means she'll have Faerie Fire permanently prepped and I can't change that. I noticed that Hunter Brightwood has learned it, and I certainly don't think it could hurt for two of us to be able to cast it (so useful!). But if there's another fun bard spell you were on the fence about, eayres33, this might free up that slot for you. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases