AGELESS Campaign Characters & Out-of-Game Talk

orchid blossom

Explorer
Wow. I take a break to do some house cleaning and this thread fills up!

I wouldn't mind moving to 5th edition. I'd need to do some looking, but 5E is more flexible as far as character creation goes, so I may be able to hit my target character more easily. Less skill options though... hard for my skill monkey heart to accept, but I can get over it.

As far as posting frequency goes, I still have this unfortunate thing called work that I have to go to where I cannot access the boards on either site. I do now have a smartphone, but I'm not good at typing on it. I could compose on my PC, email to myself, and copy to the boards from there. But I wouldn't be able to do that quickly, and would be unlikely to do it more than once a day, twice tops. Generally I'm still going to be confined to evening posts.

orchid blossom

Explorer
Let's say 100%. Abby hasn't gone into much detail yet about his English relatives, so that would fit.

Please note that she would know nothing of Kevin's affiliation with the Watcher's Council. However Kevin would have received a full reporting about Mina Parker's encounter with Colin Turner back in June and Abby's affiliation with Mina Parker will probably also be known to the Watcher's Council by the time of the knighthood ceremony.

And thanks to Robert Lewis Stephenson's newspaper story the Watcher's Council would definitely know of Abby's affiliation with Callum Stuart. Please note that both The Watcher's Council and Callum's Torchwood group, despite being secretive organizations, are each very much aware of the other group's missions and some of their membership, as they often overlap in regards to the supernatural. However, due to drastically different methods and approaches that does not mean that the two groups like each other or work together if they can avoid it.

I now have the exceedingly amusing image of Abby standing between Cal and Cousin Kevin in some dangerous situation where the men are getting into who should do what and she'd just be like (in modern words) "A turf war? Are you kidding me?" then stalking out and slaying something with her sword with they look on dumbfounded. That might just amuse me all night.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Red 5 Steve standing by. It's been a while so I'll have to refresh myself on how Lawrence thinks. I'm fine with switching editions. I've played a little 5ed and it felt a lot like 1st edition.

Fenris

Adventurer
Well as long as we have Red Steve standing by.....

Ok, my very smart my had an excellent idea. Let's get this chapter rolling and we can worry about converting to 5E as we go, whether mid-chapter or for the next sessions.

So let's get rolling! I will get a thread up by next weekend. In the meantime, how about if every one posts their current character (or leveled up if SM gets the XP done) here.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
So let's get rolling! I will get a thread up by next weekend. In the meantime, how about if every one posts their current character (or leveled up if SM gets the XP done) here.
I have to find my write up for Callum. As for XP, I should be able to find some time a week from now once Spring Break begins.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Wow. I take a break to do some house cleaning and this thread fills up!
Yeah, because this crowd has never been known to post before! :)

As far as posting frequency goes, I still have this unfortunate thing called work that I have to go to where I cannot access the boards on either site. I do now have a smartphone, but I'm not good at typing on it.
Yeah, I have the same problem with using my tablet. I'm just a full-sized keyboard kind of guy (I can type 60 words per minute on a real keyboard, but only around 10 words a minute on the tablet).

Silver Moon

Adventurer
John Digby's mother's name was Abigail. Silvermoon, did you know that when you made the suggestion?
I did not! But that sure fits. I've read everything my father wrote about John Digby, but I did not recall that fact. Dad even got to stay at Sherboure Castle as a guest of the Digby family for over a month when he was on sabbatical doing further research on the first Earl of Bristol.

orchid blossom

Explorer
This is what happens when I don't have anything to do at work all day.

Silvermoon, how old is Kevin Tomlinson supposed to be?

tl;dr

John Digby, First Earl of Bristol > George Digby, Second Earl of Bristol > Anne Digby > Charles Spencer, 3rd Earl of Sunderland > Honorable John Spencer > John Spencer, 1st Earl Spencer > Fictional: Lady Charlotte Spencer > John Charles Marsters > John Williams Marsters > Abigail Elizabeth Marsters

Longer and more interesting:

John Digby, First Earl of Bristol

George Digby, Second Earl of Bristol

Anne Digby (d. 26 April 1715). Married Robert Spencer, 2nd Earl of Sunderland. (Her descendents include Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York (b. 1959) and Diana Spencer, Princess of Wales (1961–1997).)

Charles Spencer, 3rd Earl of Sunderland (1674–1722), who married Arabella, daughter of Henry Cavendish, 2nd Duke of Newcastle in 1695, then Anne Churchill, second daughter of John Churchill, 1st Duke of Marlborough and Sarah Churchill in 1700.

Hon. John Spencer, He was the youngest son of the 3rd Earl of Sunderland and his wife, Lady Anne Churchill

John Spencer - 1st Earl Spencer was born in 1734, at his family home, Althorp. He was the son of Hon. John Spencer and Georgiana Caroline Carteret (1716–1780), and a grandson of the 3rd Earl of Sunderland.

On 20 December 1755, Spencer privately married Georgiana Poyntz (1737–1814), daughter of Stephen Poyntz, in his mother’s dressing room at Althorp. They had five children:

• Lady Georgiana Spencer (1757–1806), married William Cavendish, 5th Duke of Devonshire, and had issue.
  • George John Spencer, 2nd Earl Spencer (1758–1834)
  • Lady Henrietta Frances Spencer (1761–1821), married Frederick Ponsonby, 3rd Earl of Bessborough, and had issue.
  • Lady Charlotte Spencer (1765–1766), died in infancy.
  • Lady Louisa Spencer (b. & d. 1769), died in infancy.

From here we’ll go fictional. Let’s say Lady Charlotte survived.

Lady Charlotte Spencer (1765–1847) at the age of 28 (1793) m. Admiral William Marsters (1756–1830). They had three children:

• John Charles Marsters (1794–
  • Louisa Georgiana Marsters (1796–1857)
  • Anne Elizabeth Marsters (1800–

John Charles Marsters marries and has four children:
  • William George Marsters (twin) (1820–
  • Charles Henry Marsters (twin) (1820–
  • John William Marsters (1822–1880)
  • Henrietta Anne Marsters (1828–

John William Marsters at the age of 25 (1847) marries Marianne Olivia Burstyn (American - New York City) and has two children:
  • Genevieve Charlotte Marsters (1851–1855)
  • Abigail Elizabeth Marsters (1854–

John and Marianne begin their marriage up north in New York City, with an extended stay in England after the birth of Abigail, during which time Genevieve passes away.

They return to America so John can take over shipping operations for his company in New Orleans. They stay there until the Civil War breaks out, when John removes the family back to England, fearing for their safety in the city if he were to enlist in the Union forces. They return to New Orleans in 1867.

Abigail’s Uncles and Aunt (cousins listed below)

• William George Marsters (twin) (1820–
– Diana (1852)
– Georgiana (1854)
– William (1858)
– Charity (1860)

• Charles Henry Marsters (twin) (1820–

– Charles (1848)
– Sophia (1850)
– Julia (1851)
– Ian (1853)

• Henrietta Anne (Marsters) Tomlinson (1828–

– Eleanor (1850)
– Katherine (1852)
– Kevin (?) — How old is Kevin supposed to be?
– Miranda (1859)
– James & John (twins) (1862)

orchid blossom

Explorer
As far as 5th edition goes, Bard class, College of Lore would fit Abby just about perfectly. I would end up with musical talents I didn't have before, but Abby would totally have trolled people about not being able to do music just to enjoy the shock someday when she broke it out.

Generally, I stayed away from the Bard/musician stuff so as not to compete with Ruby. I don't think that's as big a problem as it would have been in the past.

Not having to do with 5th edition, in rereading some of the very early posts, it was mentioned that Abby had pursued 2 advanced degrees. Having been a tired new mom at the time it hadn't occurred to me that she would be Dr. Marsters... trying to figure out why she wouldn't have introduced herself to people as Doctor Marsters.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases