AGELESS Campaign Characters & Out-of-Game Talk

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Hi Steve!!! So happy to see you here!!!

Lori, that's fabulous! I need to do that for Ruby and her West (and maybe Harrington!) side of the family. Now that we're actually traveling the world and in the area it seems more important. Silvermoon, I don't know HOW you come up with this awesome reference stuff.

I've looked over Ruby's character sheet and thought about the change to 5e. I'm torn on my feelings over it. On one hand, it simplifies things, definitely. It'll also probably give me a bunch of skills / spells / talents that I can actually use. Right now a lot of the 3.x bard skills are not entirely "useable" imho. It'd be a long convo to get into my why's - so changing over could be a good thing. Keeping up with the times is also a good thing.

However, do I lose a lot of "Ruby" in this process? Specific skills alone - Profession (Poker), Perform (Sing) Perform (Dance), Open Lock, Sleight of Hand, yeah they are still there they just get balled up into one thing.

Like as an example, both Jake and Ruby would have Tools (Gaming - cards) and probably Expertise in it. But that doesn't differentiate the fact that Ruby played and swindled people while Jake actually sat and dealt cards for a living. Jake had an edge in 3.x with his +, but in 5e, I believe they would both show the same. If I am doing that correctly.

So my only hesitancy is losing some of the specialness of Ruby. I don't think anyone else has this issue though, as everyone else is either starting new characters or has only just begun to build up their character sheets. I didn't even bother to level her up last bump or two, but I'll do it now that we're switching over.
[MENTION=1643]Silvermoon[/MENTION], will we still use the Boot Hill rules for shooting? Because I would absolutely hate to lose Ruby's innate (and lucky) ability to shoot a gun yet it'd be wasteful for my character class to take gun specializations lol. :angel:

Also, I think we should start a separate thread for recruiting. I'll do it (unless someone else wants to)- Fenris thinks I might have the most recognizable name in PBP games at the moment but it'd be nice to have everyone in there to discuss the game. I'll tag everyone once I get it up.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Hi gang,

I'm going to cause some trouble here and upon further reconsideration am requesting that we hold off on conversion from 3rd to 5th. I have never played it, don't have the books, and would have no idea how to convert Callum's sheet - nor do I have the time for this in near future (especially if you all want XP's). Fenris also indicated that his module might be short in duration, and I would not want to do my AGELESS 4th module with those until I have a better handle on the new system.

SilverMoon

orchid blossom

Explorer
I'm fine with staying in 3rd as well. But I would request to be able to rebuild Abby from the ground up in 3rd to better reflect what I've been trying to do.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Actually I really don't know. I'll need to go digging through 3E again. It's been a while. But Bard might be what I'll need to go with. They're kinda the smart rogue.

It's been forever for me too, I don't even remember it much and we no longer have any of the 3rd ed books.

In 5e, I don't know if I would have gone with bard with criminal background or rogue with entertainer background. There is more room to work there, definitely. And have no clue what I'll do going forward.

I don't think it matters in this game if we have a party of all... any one thing. It all works.

I know you worked up a class awhile back... was that 3rd edition?

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

orchid blossom

Explorer
It's been forever for me too, I don't even remember it much and we no longer have any of the 3rd ed books.

In 5e, I don't know if I would have gone with bard with criminal background or rogue with entertainer background. There is more room to work there, definitely. And have no clue what I'll do going forward.

I don't think it matters in this game if we have a party of all... any one thing. It all works.

I know you worked up a class awhile back... was that 3rd edition?

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

It was, but I never got any feedback on it, so I assumed it was a no go.

I even dug out Unearthed Arcana and had a look in there. Not finding anything I like. I may end up not changing anything at all, but I'm going to take a good look through anyway.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
It was, but I never got any feedback on it, so I assumed it was a no go.

I even dug out Unearthed Arcana and had a look in there. Not finding anything I like. I may end up not changing anything at all, but I'm going to take a good look through anyway.

If I recall correctly we were either away or right in the middle of ... something crazy going on. I know I meant to take a look when things calmed down but, you know my life. I'm not great at looking rules things over anyway but if you were still interested in it, could you post it here or send it to the Jon's again on Facebook, I am sure someone would look it over now.

Remove ads